RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I guaranfukkintee next week you are going to tell us we better know .999 repeating is the same as 1

IAG
    No good deed goes unpunished
    IAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    no

the Prime Numbers

hi Sam!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I agree with Samuel, its how I was able to start winning on a consistent basis many years ago.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by IAG View Post

hi Sam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

hey sweety

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sammy grow some fukkin balls and bet $1000 or more on a game with money you do not have

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Wait.....

are are we allowed to Fuk the goat?

Sam Odom

Archie... only during a Gay Pride Parade

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by IAG View Post
    No i don't. I do not even know who it is...and either do you! I think you must be just trolling now my friend. I'm baffled. But I've been there and u are my pal..so let's just agree to disagree. After the great apostrophe debate. I don't have much left.
    Just playful banter my friend. Cheers

RudyRuetigger

smokey only thing we can agree on is that you are an expert ass-whiper...that is because you are full of shit

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    smokey only thing we can agree on is that you are an expert ass-whiper...that is because you are full of shit
    Rudy grab me a fukkin sixer of tall boys bro

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Less taxes owning a goat. It will save you the hassle of maintaining a car too. Goats eat trash so you can just feed it trash to cut that expense. The goat is +EV so that's why you don't switch.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Rudy grab me a fukkin sixer of tall boys bro
    ok chief

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Less taxes owning a goat. It will save you the hassle of maintaining a car too. Goats eat trash so you can just feed it trash to cut that expense. The goat is +EV so that's why you don't switch.
    jake I am not judging but I saw in the news sometimes goats fulfill sexual needs as well

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

jake I am not judging but I saw in the news sometimes goats fulfill sexual needs as well
    M$M lies

All part of the Zionist's conspiracy to control you

Sam Odom

good discussion

hope our bottom-line increases

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Wait.....
    are are we allowed to Fuk the goat?
    Keep your hands off Tom Brady.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1165

That's why guys with goats wear boots.. Goats can't get away

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

as a young man working i would have long talks with a shovel , got were i could understand the answer to anything .

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

other than a good fuk buddy

you missed two HUGH benefits

you can rent it out to "mow" grass, yes its a thing

http://rentagoat.com/

and b) goat milk brah

sell that shit to the hipsters

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Somebody needs to bump the Birthday Paradox.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Once you realize how the problem is worded one can see the solution to the Monty Hall problem is shown in the video. However, it's a matter of semantics, or word play. If it were worded the way most people would say it then it should be a 50/50 proposition.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

An easier way to see The Monty Hall Problem:

You have a normal pack of 52 playing cards. You are asked to guess which card is the Queen of Hearts. You pick a card and put it face down to your left. You put the other 51 cards face down to your right. You ask a friend to go through the 51 cards and pick out the Queen of Hearts with the proviso that if it isn't there your friend can then pick any other card of their choice. Your friend does as you ask and puts the card face down to your right. Your friend then puts the other 50 cards face down on top of the card to your right.

1) What are the odds of the Queen of Hearts being to your left?
    2) What are the odds of the Queen of Hearts being to your right?
    3) Assuming your friend didn't make an error what are the odds of the Queen of Hearts being in the top 50 cards on your right?

If you can work out the answers to those 3 simple questions it should be easy to determine whether you should switch or not when the top 50 cards to your right are removed to leave you with 1 card on either side.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Have to admit, I have finance degrees and a statistical background but I still don't get this. You can't just say that I have a 1/3 chance at something when only 2 doors are left BUT if I swap doors to the other one, I now have 2/3 chance. My chances are DAMN SURE not 1/3 when I'm picking between 2 doors. You have to adjust the odds. Imagine me saying I have a 1/52 chance of drawing an ace out of a shuffled deck of cards. After each non-ace drawn, I stick to my gut and say I have a 1/52 chance of drawing an ace. That is outright wrong. There are no longer 52 cards in the deck so your odds can't be 1/52 anymore. I'm really tired right now for some reason so maybe I'm not thinking straight. Would love to hear where my logic goes wrong though

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18971

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Have to admit, I have finance degrees and a statistical background but I still don't get this. You can't just say that I have a 1/3 chance at something when only 2 doors are left BUT if I swap doors to the other one, I now have 2/3 chance. My chances are DAMN SURE not 1/3 when I'm picking between 2 doors. You have to adjust the odds. Imagine me saying I have a 1/52 chance of drawing an ace out of a shuffled deck of cards. After each non-ace drawn, I stick to my gut and say I have a 1/52 chance of drawing an ace. That is outright wrong. There are no longer 52 cards in the deck so your odds can't be 1/52 anymore. I'm really tired right now for some reason so maybe I'm not thinking straight. Would love to hear where my logic goes wrong though
    If the door option being removed was chosen at random there would be a 1 in 3 chance your original pick was the winner, a 1 in 3 chance the remaining door was the winner, and a 1 in 3 chance the door removed was the winner. Thus your original choice and the 1 remaining choice would be equally likely to be the winner. That is NOT what happens here. The door that is removed is NEVER the winner.

IAG

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    If the door option being removed was chosen at random there would be a 1 in 3 chance your original pick was the winner, a 1 in 3 chance the remaining door was the winner, and a 1 in 3 chance the door removed was the winner. Thus your original choice and the 1 remaining choice would be equally likely to be the winner. That is NOT what happens here. The door that is removed is NEVER the winner.

EXACTLY

Remember you have 2/3 chance of being wrong (picking goat not car) when you pick initially. The odds are ALWAYS against you picking correctly with the three doors. The other door removed/shown has to always be a goat...it is not random...ALWAYS a goat. So now you're have 1 door with car and 1 car with goat.
    The question is whether it benefits you to switch. If the odds were 1 in 3 initially, then switching would benefit you 2 out of 3 times. The 1 in 3 times you actually picked the car on first try, you would not benefit from switching, but if you are looking at what gives you greatest chance of winning the car, most of the time you switch.
    Last edited by IAG; 03-16-17 at 11:50 AM.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

The chances are 50/50.

It's like when you bet on some soccer team at +200 which has theoretically 33.3% chance to win. And when they score the first goal, their odds drop to evens. They are now 50% likely to win the game even though you didn't change your selection. The flawed logic of monty hall suggests that they still have only 33% to win despite scoring the first goal.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

What happens if you pick a goat? Host shows you the other goat and then you switch and you get the car.

What happens if you pick the car? Host shows you a goat and you switch and get the other goat.

Only way you lose is if you initially picked the car. Therefore you will lose 1/3 and win 2/3 by switching every time.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

spam

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    The chances are 50/50.

It's like when you bet on some soccer team at +200 which has theoretically 33.3% chance to win. And when they score the first goal, their odds drop to evens. They are now 50% likely to win the game even though you didn't change your selection. The flawed logic of monty hall suggests that they still have only 33% to win despite scoring the first goal.
    I don't know what's more entertaining, people who refuse to accept it or the ones who think they are coming up with an explanation to show it. Always switch fools!
    Points Awarded:

IAG gave 5918mike 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

5918mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    What happens if you pick a goat? Host shows you the other goat and then you switch and you get the car.

What happens if you pick the car? Host shows you a goat and you switch and get the other goat.

Only way you lose is if you initially picked the car. Therefore you will lose 1/3 and win 2/3 by switching every time.
    It's so easy to understand for people who get it, hard to understand how others don't get this or the many other explanations.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

My point is why do you not update the odds when one door is taken away? There are 2 doors left and only 1 has a goat. Regardless of how many doors there were to start, you have 2 left and 1 is a sure fire winner.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

You do update the odds. It went from 1/3 1/3 1/3 to 1/3 2/3. Binary doesn't have to be 1/2 1/2.

5918mike

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    My point is why do you not update the odds when one door is taken away? There are 2 doors left and only 1 has a goat. Regardless of how many doors there were to start, you have 2 left and 1 is a sure fire winner.
    Because that door is always a goat and you already know that. Go back to the original choices but separate the cards into 1 card, or the other 2 together as your choices. Would you agree that you have a 1/3 chance with the single card and a 2/3 chance with the other pair of cards. If given the choice here you would always choose the pair correct? In that pair you know for a fact that one of those cards is a goat. Showing the goat, that you already know is there, doesn't change anything.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

To those who don't comprehend: The game is not completely random; your selection is random, but the host's selection is not.

IAG

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    To those who don't comprehend: The game is not completely random; your selection is random, but the host's selection is not.
    bingo

First 1234 Last