themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Everyone has the same opportunity as everyone. I am so sick of hearing this shit. God dam. Blacks choose to live like losers. Look at their fuking neighborhoods. Nobody is making them live that way. Stop fuking blaming others. My parents grew up poor and ended up being very successful. Fuking slavery is over you fukin crybabies. And since when has Greg Popadick or whatever his name is been a black? What a jerkoff. I lost all respect for that lowlife.
    Last edited by themike78; 02-04-17 at 11:31 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Your story is why America is so great. You worked hard and smart and made it. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to take advantage of opportunities. We will always have the poor and the stupid. No matter what we do, they will never make it on their own. It is our duty to take care of those less fortunate. Imagine if your upbringing was a little less hard. It's a tough burden to bear to help the helpless but we must. We might not save them but we might save their kids or grand kids.
    Help sure but not enable.

I see parents today giving their kids everything and not making them work for anything, those kids become spoiled brats and lazy divas later on in life. If you don't teach your kid a strong work ethic then you are enabling them just like the Government is doing with Welfare recipients...

Need better parenting these days as that's becoming a lost art.. We need to drill into people to take full responsibility for a child that they bring into this world.

If you are a father or mother with money don't give your kids a free allowance, don't buy them phones and games just because you love them and want them to be happy... Make that kid mow the lawn, pull weeds, do the dishes, clean his or her room, clean windows, wash the cars, etc... After that then you can give that kid an allowance or the toys...

Start that at an early age and then you will have a kid that will grow up and won't be a lazy sloth later on in life.. He or she will probably be productive in society.. It all starts there!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-04-17 at 12:54 PM.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Everyone has the same opportunity as everyone. I am so sick of hearing this shit. God dam. Blacks choose to live like losers. Look at their fuking neighborhoods. Nobody is making them live that way. Stop fuking blaming others. My parents grew up poor and ended up being very successful. Fuking slavery is over you fukin crybabies. And since when has Greg Popadick or whatever his name is been a black? What a jerkoff. I lost all respect for that lowlife.
    Stupid post of the week nominee!
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave astro61200 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    I agree with pop for the most part. It doesnt matter if you were born black or white. It does matter where you are born though. A lot of wealthy people inherit their wealth and gets passed down. The same goes for education. It is extremely difficult for a kid who is born in a poor/ghetto neighborhood to make it. The schools dont get proper funding and a lot of teachers dont want to teach there in the first place. It is a messed up chain. As for the poster who touched on his friend that wanted to work in a particular community and was denied the job prob because of race or background; I dont think that was right. I use to live in a 60% black community and all of the officers were white. I didnt feel protected or felt like they had the community best interest in mind. Its notnormal to be prejudice and racist like a lot of you are here but I do understand. Everyone dont think alike and most people do hold on to grudges and previous experiences 'til the casket drop. I understand that most are white here and feel like you are the minority, but trust me when i tell you, YOU ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE. Dont play that card , because if you do, then dont say SHIT about a minority using current laws to their advantage.
    Whites have it better all things considered but it's such a layered and complex issue with so many variables

It's not just whites have it all and blacks are fukked from day one like many would like for you to believe...that's why I can't stand this white privilege garbage. It's just a lazy label to me that can be dangerous

There are plenty of whites that had it all that do nothing with their lives and blacks that shouldn't have made it out but did

America is white majority and set up for the rich and majority race...but what fukkin country isn't like that? Minorities across the board might not have the most advantages but they do have a chance to make it...it's not like being born in a slum in Venezuela where you are 100% fukked from day one

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

If you tell group 'A' that the group 'B' has all the benefits and has it easy in life, how do you expect the 'B' will respond?

For the last 30 years the only thing my grandpa always says to me is "Are you working hard or hardly working?", and to me that is all the matters. Life is hard, and some have it harder than you, but if people focus on what is in front of them and work hard, they can reach a better place. Once someone starts to philosophize every reason why something is happening in their own life, they are just making life harder.
    Last edited by eidolon; 02-05-17 at 12:50 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ When minorities say "I don't have it as easy as whites" that's just an excuse to be lazy and fail in life.. It's a defeatist attitude for losers of any race especially in America.

If you're disfigured and pink in color you can still make it.. You just need to find what you like to do in life, learn and work it with a passion til you succeed.. If you hit a road block you keep going and bust through it...

THAT'S LIFE and ANYONE can do it.. I don't care what color you are or how smart or stupid you are, if there is a will there is a way.. Believe to achieve!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-05-17 at 01:38 AM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ When minorities say "I don't have it as easy as whites" that's just an excuse to be lazy and fail in life.. It's a defeatist attitude for losers of any race especially in America.
    If you're disfigured and pink in color you can still make it.. You just need to find what you like to do in life, learn and work it with a passion til you succeed.. If you hit a road block you keep going and bust through it...
    THAT'S LIFE and ANYONE can do it.. I don't care what color you are or how smart or stupid you are, if there is a will there is a way.. Believe to achieve!!!
    I can't say I agree fully. I think in most cases, you are a product of your environment. If you have a fukked up environment, it takes a very strong person to come out of it. If you have a great environment where you are expected to succeed, it is hard for you to fail. A little kid only knows what he is taught. If you tell a kid from birth that he is smart in math and tell him this over and over and over again, what do you think will happen? He will be smart in math. But if you tell a kid he is no good, he's lazy, dumb, ugly, etc., what do you think will happen? We can breathe life into a kid with our words. We can also beat them down and give them no hope as well.

I read a Newsweek article many years ago about a couple that adopted several kids from different parts of the world. They had 2 kids of their own and adopted 2 kids from Asia, 2 from Africa and 1 from France as babies. Do you know that they ALL were excellent in math, all played music and all wore glasses. They even looked a like too. It was scary. They all liked the same things, did the same things and achieved the same. That speaks to you and your environment. A child is not born bad, nor are they born lazy or dumb. It's the upbringing and unfortunately, we have some fukked up parents having all the kids. Those of us that have common sense don't want a lot of kids when we should but the bad parents are the one's having kids like rabbits. It is shocking what some of these kids have to deal with at home. They are doomed before they start.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I can't say I agree fully. I think in most cases, you are a product of your environment. If you have a fukked up environment, it takes a very strong person to come out of it. If you have a great environment where you are expected to succeed, it is hard for you to fail. A little kid only knows what he is taught. If you tell a kid from birth that he is smart in math and tell him this over and over and over again, what do you think will happen? He will be smart in math. But if you tell a kid he is no good, he's lazy, dumb, ugly, etc., what do you think will happen? We can breathe life into a kid with our words. We can also beat them down and give them no hope as well.

I read a Newsweek article many years ago about a couple that adopted several kids from different parts of the world. They had 2 kids of their own and adopted 2 kids from Asia, 2 from Africa and 1 from France as babies. Do you know that they ALL were excellent in math, all played music and all wore glasses. They even looked a like too. It was scary. They all liked the same things, did the same things and achieved the same. That speaks to you and your environment. A child is not born bad, nor are they born lazy or dumb. It's the upbringing and unfortunately, we have some fukked up parents having all the kids. Those of us that have common sense don't want a lot of kids when we should but the bad parents are the one's having kids like rabbits. It is shocking what some of these kids have to deal with at home. They are doomed before they start.
    I 100% agree and the key is to change the environment that's been the same way FOREVER. Parenting skills need to be forced down people's throats in this country. I bet you could bring crime down dramatically in poor communities if parents got it pounded into their heads that....When it's dark out, get your kids inside! Nothing good is going to happen with them being outside late.

People should be given some basic commandments for parenting.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I disagree and I'll tell you why, just because you are told at an early age you are no good and won't succeed in life doesn't mean it's set in stone.. For example in my own life, I was told I wasn't gonna succeed and was a loser by my father and until he left when I was 10 years old.. I used that to fuel my desire to succeed and prove him and everyone wrong.. I remember really wanting to prove everyone wrong and be the superstar in my family.. That's what I did.. It lit a fire so to speak under my arse...

I have a couple friends in that same boat, fatherless kids, neglected, no real roll models so to speak, trouble makers as kids that weren't expected to make anything out of their lives and did.. Both today ended up more successful then me.. So I'm not buying that sob story I didn't get encouraged enough as a kid so I gave up tying to make something of my life..

Every under privileged child goes to school and can find positive roll models in teachers, school mates, you can see successful people on tv, etc.. It's not game over just because you are told you are a nobody loser constantly.. You can easily rise above that even in the ghetto and in a broken home.. They can say to themselves - I don't want to end up like my loser father, my drugged out mother, my jailed brother, etc.. Many people use these negative surroundings or so called "product of your environment" scenarios to fuel a fire under their asses.. I know I did...

I'm not better then anyone else.. I'm just a regular guy that didn't want to fail in life and not become a bum loser. Most kids know they should stay in school and or work hard to achieve goals no matter where they are raised, alot just don't and that's by choice....

I don't believe humans are pre-programmed robots that are not capable of positive choice making decisions in life period...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-05-17 at 01:11 PM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Every under privileged child goes to school and can find positive roll models in teachers, school mates, you can see successful people on tv, etc.. It's not game over just because you are told you are a nobody loser constantly.. You can easily rise above that even in the ghetto and in a broken home.. They can say to themselves - I don't want to end up like my loser father, my drugged out mother, my jailed brother, etc.. Many people use these negative surroundings or so called "product of your environment" scenarios to fuel a fire under their asses.. I know I did...
    I'm not better then anyone else.. I'm just a regular guy that didn't want to fail in life and not become a bum loser. Most kids know they should stay in school and or work hard to achieve goals no matter where they are raised, alot just don't and that's by choice....
    I don't believe humans are pre-programmed robots that are not capable of positive choice making decisions in life period...
    You were very fortunate. You rose above it. Look at the 4 year old kid I linked that was abused, tortured and finally murdered. He had ZERO chance. His life was snuffed out before it started. You found positive role models at school. Some kids have never been to school, all they've know is hardship and pain from birth. Can they get out? Maybe, but far be it from me to think I could escape some of the atrocities and horrors some of these kids have been through.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You were very fortunate. You rose above it. Look at the 4 year old kid I linked that was abused, tortured and finally murdered. He had ZERO chance. His life was snuffed out before it started. You found positive role models at school. Some kids have never been to school, all they've know is hardship and pain from birth. Can they get out? Maybe, but far be it from me to think I could escape some of the atrocities and horrors some of these kids have been through.
    That's going to the extremes Mac, most kids don't experience that kind of hardship in life not even in the crime ridden inner cities with parents on drugs and welfare... Teens get into trouble and that's the biggest problem because they have no direction or discipline in their lives.. Those teen years can ruin your life whether you are black or white, poor or rich if you don't make the right choices in life....

Teens don't think about the consequences of their actions and they live for the moment not the future mostly.. If you have nothing as a teen, no social life, no money many can look to crime or drugs. They look up to the wrong people that are flashy... That's what happens to alot of kids that grow up in broken homes and in the hoods.. No father to kick their ass when they screw up...

Parental guidance is big...

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yes minorities get advantages n r worse cops....

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

For the millionth time, I'm proud that I'm white just like one should be proud if they're black.
    No minority who had the same public education as me and tbe same oppurtunities as me will not tell me I should feel guilty because I am white, I will not let them.
    Once again I have to say this, I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
    My dad was a military engineer for 30 years, and Uncle Sam doesn't pay big time money, mediocre is more like it.
    After mortgage payments, food, taxes, gas, there was maybe 30 bucks left over for the week.
    Everything I personally have I earned. Put in the school work, started out from the bottom of the ladder, climbed up.
    I was gifted nothing, I was granted nothing.

Oh, if Pop wants to talk basketball to me, I might shut up and listen to what he has to say, if it's not basketball related Pop needs to shut his pie hole because it doesn't matter what he thinks.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 123