what the hell are we doing here?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Buried

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Never buried, market just isn't giving me anything right now.

You're stuck with me all year. I aint going nowhere.

There's only three things to trade with these metals, so there's gonna be dead periods. We're in one.

Last half of January was brutal for me all across the board, forex too. Gotta keep on though. The good stuff usually follows.

jjgold

Gold on a bull run

No idea what top is

Dollar been a little weaker

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Gold on a bull run

No idea what top is

Dollar been a little weaker
    Dollar hasn't really done shit for anything one way or another for weeks, which is the main why I haven't gotten any signals to move.

Copper moves a bit more independently, but nothing there right now either.

Ralphie Halves

Aaaannnnnnd we're back.

Discipline sucks sometimes. The market gave me nothing for a good month. If I tried to force trades, I would have gotten killed. Then, when the first big run that breaks out of the shit comes, you usually miss it, which is tough too. Then it finally gets good again.

Forex got good again about a month ago, Indices too. Metals still dicked around and gave me nothing. I said before, it's only 3 things to trade, as opposed to over two dozen in FX, so if I'm inactive for awhile, that's just how it has to be. I don't make -EV trades if I can help it.

I have a trade coming up shortly, waiting on some news to pass first. Good to be back in the metals game after the time off. Hoping it keeps on giving.

Ralphie Halves

Life got in the way and I missed the trade. I rack disciprine!! Actually I don't, but this sucked because I'm tired of being patient with metals, and I wanna get back in the game here.

I am linking my account to MyFxBook though, so anyone who wants to track results can just do it there, and I won't have to screenshot anymore.

miltonschwartz
    miltonschwartz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Ralphie what's your opinion on silver in the near future? I bought in at 14.50 an ounce last year. I know fuk all about trading metals

miltonschwartz

I've picked up on a few trends this last year. Ive noticed the price tends to go up during holiday weekends in the United States

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by miltonschwartz View Post
    Ralphie what's your opinion on silver in the near future? I bought in at 14.50 an ounce last year. I know fuk all about trading metals
    Shorting silver was actually the trade I was going to make. But I trade it, I don't invest in it. I could have been out of the trade a few days later depending on what it did.

I have no long-term thoughts on anything really, because I know I'm not good at that. Chart says go, then I go.

I do know that during the last recession, everyone flocked to the dollar, not metals, so the price tanked. Most people thought it would have done the opposite, and they all took huge hits. Just something to think about when the next one comes.

miltonschwartz

thanks for the insight. i purchased a very small amount so a 25% gain wasn't really worth selling for me. i wanna see this shit go back to 40 an oz and im prepared to wait my entire life for that i'll keep an eye on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Shorting silver was actually the trade I was going to make. But I trade it, I don't invest in it. I could have been out of the trade a few days later depending on what it did.

I have no long-term thoughts on anything really, because I know I'm not good at that. Chart says go, then I go.

I do know that during the last recession, everyone flocked to the dollar, not metals, so the price tanked. Most people thought it would have done the opposite, and they all took huge hits. Just something to think about when the next one comes.

Ralphie Halves

That silver short would have been amazing. This is why I'm working my ass off right now. I can't dedicate to trading 100% of the time, and because of this I miss trades like that one. Cannot happen going forward, but a man's still gotta eat.

And I will be longing gold as soon as the market opens and I get a chance to. Nothing official yet since I don't have an entry price.

Ralphie Halves

Going LONG GOLD @ 1256.60, $.50/pip

Stop loss @ 1230.00

Price is sitting just above my line. If it closes below it by the end of the day, I'll just exit and take a small loss. If it runs, it runs. Nice risk:reward here.

jjgold

here we go!

Ralphie Halves

Fun while it lasted, but dropped below my line today, so will exit and wait to re-enter.

First 123