stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Larry Fitzgerald

How many of you know that by the end of this season Fitz will be #3 on the all time list of career receptions.

#3, yet gets next to no press, name never comes up in conversations, may very be the most under rated pro athlete of all time.

Why?
    Is it because he's buried in Phoenix?
    Or is it because he's not a prima donna diva like ODB or Dez?

All the dude does is but in the work, blocks down field if he isn't involved in the catch, and on and on.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quiet superstar

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

How many Super Bowl rings does he have?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My favorite player.

Kermit

I don't think Larry goes on unrecognized though. He has done a bunch of commercials which is more than I can say for some of the diva wide receivers. I know ODB has done some too.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    How many Super Bowl rings does he have?
    Oh Christ, here we go again with the "you aint shit if you don't have a ring"

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Hasn't scored since week 4 either.

Kermit

What hurt Larry was the signing that contract to stay in Phoenix with no real QB to throw him the ball while he was still in his prime. I always wished that he would have come to Pittsburgh and play for the Steelers.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Nash what are you talking about man? He's a first ballot hall of famer.

Gets decent amount of publicity. He's been on a lot of bad teams but he was one of the biggest names in football during their super bowl run in 2008. His playoffs performance that year was one for the ages.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    What hurt Larry was the signing that contract to stay in Phoenix with no real QB to throw him the ball while he was still in his prime. I always wished that he would have come to Pittsburgh and play for the Steelers.
    And he started his careere before the 'pass happy' era too.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

Gets decent amount of publicity. He's been on a lot of bad teams but he was one of the biggest names in football during their super bowl run in 2008. His playoffs performance that year was one for the ages.
    He should be a first ballot no brainer once his name is on the ballot hall of famer, point is I don't a lot of people know just what kind of great career he had, Steve Largent is a Hall of Famer, and Fitz's career blows his away.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    He should be a first ballot no brainer once his name is on the ballot hall of famer, point is I don't a lot of people know just what kind of great career he had, Steve Largent is a Hall of Famer, and Fitz's career blows his away.
    I think if you took a poll of 100 fans, 99% would say he's a first ballot hall of famer.

And in the last 10 years, he's easily one of the first 3 names that comes to mind when you think of great NFL receivers.

stevenash

Should have beat the Steelers, that bomb he caught from Warner was one of the most clutch catches of all time, gane before that Kurt and Fitz made Carolina their personal meat puppets.

NFL sucks the Steelers rooster.

t-wizzle

Should have beat the Steelers, that bomb he caught from Warner was one of the most clutch catches of all time, gane before that Kurt and Fitz made Carolina their personal meat puppets.

NFL sucks the Steelers rooster.
    Torched the Eagles in the NFC Championship.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Him and Andre Johnson could die tomorrow and they'd get a 30 second mention on the national sports shows. Two guys who week after week went/goes to work and get zero recognition.

stevenash

Torched the Eagles in the NFC Championship.
    What I remember about that game though is Philly wouldn't go away.

t-wizzle

What I remember about that game though is Philly wouldn't go away.
    Yea Cardinals jumped out to a huge first half lead. Eagles made a monster comeback only to have the Cardinals drive down the field and snatch it right back.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Oh Christ, here we go again with the "you aint shit if you don't have a ring"
    Thank you...ask Charles Barkley....its about rings

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

How many of you know that by the end of this season Fitz will be #3 on the all time list of career receptions.

#3, yet gets next to no press, name never comes up in conversations, may very be the most under rated pro athlete of all time.

Why?

All the dude does is but in the work, blocks down field if he isn't involved in the catch, and on and on.
    He used to get a ton of PR back in the day when he was in his prime. He's a good player still, but there is are reasons why he doesn't get PR. For one, the Cards suck. And I already mentioned that he is good but not great right now. Not shocked that he will be #3 with how long he has played and the high volume of passing the past decade or so. But like you mentioned, if he was a prima donna like ODB or Dez, he'd probably get a lot more attention.

He should leave the Cards and play for a contender and try to get a ring.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Thank you...ask Charles Barkley....its about rings
    I love Chuck but he's wrong a lot.
    In individual sports (like golf) championships mean something.
    In team sports, an individual can be considered an all time great without a ring (championship)
    In individual sports, you ain't shit without several trophies.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

good post Nash....I agree with you 100%...and mostly because of the latter...Fitz has been a great role model and the consummate professional throughout his career...never showboats, never dances, not an attention whore seeking prima donna, etc....funny but you could apply those same principles to Art Monk...he was never loud, flashy, or obnoxious but got the job done professionally and came to work everyday...he never was a fan of the media....that and the aforementioned reasons is why it took him so long to get into the pro football HOF.

grantingyou
    grantingyou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Why?

I live in Phoenix. He's obviously very popular here. He is recognized nationally was well, but he goes about his business quietly. He's a great teammate, member of the community and he is a true professional.

Hard to find a better professional.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Terrell Owens did not get in first ballot, Fitz could not shine his shoes.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    good post Nash....I agree with you 100%...and mostly because of the latter...Fitz has been a great role model and the consummate professional throughout his career...never showboats, never dances, not an attention whore seeking prima donna, etc....funny but you could apply those same principles to Art Monk...he was never loud, flashy, or obnoxious but got the job done professionally and came to work everyday...he never was a fan of the media....that and the aforementioned reasons is why it took him so long to get into the pro football HOF.
    The league and the WORLD would be a far better place if we had more Larry Fitzgerald`s.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Media loves drama and market he has played in contributes. Complete class act all the way and mirror image of a fave of mine former Raider great T Brown. Much like Brown he will also likely fall a bit shy of SB ring and settle for a runner up , but hof certainly awaits soon.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Yes I realized LF has been quietly climbing up those ranks.

The sad truth is that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Not necessarily with the contracts, but yes with the public perception and endorsement deals.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

BUT here is some truth about this situation... it's sooo similar to politics. It is politics. It's about grabbing the attention.

There is another guy that would have not stood a chance if he quietly went about his business and and did and said the right thing all the time. Look at my avatar.

Trump is a freaking genius. Even the haters have to admit it. He knew what it would take to get elected, and he did it. He knew where the swing votes were, when all of the money and career politicians were made to look like fools.

turkkatarian
    turkkatarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

I LOVE Larry Fitzgerald, a TRUE GREAT but he fukked up staying in ZONA, he should have asked to be dealt to a true perrenial contender like NE or Pitt. He sorta gets lost in the shuffle due to the Cards Historic futility before Arians got there sans for that 2008 Epic 2nd Place finish.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

His mentor is Cris Carter. Fitzgerald was a Vikings ball boy, his father, Larry Sr. a local sportswriter. Fitz 1st ballot HOF...has the insiders angle. Gets paid huge, warm climate, no pressure like NYC. Kid has it made. Can retire and walk into a booth for commentary.

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

He has been a fantasy steal for me. Putting up one hell of a year

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    He has been a fantasy steal for me. Putting up one hell of a year
    Bet you got him cheap too?
    Like 8th round?

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Bet you got him cheap too?
    Like 8th round?
    Yep and traded Jonathan Stewart for him in another league who has been garbage