Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    He pissed off the high school coaches in texas. You reap what you sow. Maybe if he would of shown them respect than he could of got a top qb.. As a uc fan ;i would love for them to fire tubberville and hire him. He had some success on that level. You maybe right that uc is destined to never make big time.
    I think it was style over recruitment in this case. He was pulling in 4 star recruits every year, no problem. Plus, I'm sure some of those Texas HS coaches need to be taken down a peg. Don't want part of your job title to be to kiss those people's asses the entire time you're there. You have to do it everywhere I know, but it's overblown in TX.

He'll be a HC again, he's good enough to be. Has spent too long away from the FL recruiting grounds, which means a Buffalo or even Rutgers job could be a very good fit and a nice start over.

And FWIW, Virgil is a great follow on Twitter.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

He'd be a great hire for Houston. That would be funny. They will not be that smart.

If Houston does not hire Briles, I would think they would get the Tulsa coach. I'd take Strong after that.

Strong will probably wind up coaching USF or UCF.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Does Charlie know he is fired yet?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

So what's there now, 3 and a half Black coaches left in power 5? Sumlin, Shaw, Lovie, Franklin? Tee Martin may get a shot down the road. Mike Singletary wants to be a HC again

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who actually wants this job?

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who actually wants this job?
    Tom Herman. It's the best job in the country. They can pay three head coaches $5 million per year. It is a professional sports franchise. Highest valued franchise in the NCAA.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

People act like Herman is some seasoned Vet. He's coached for 2 years as a HC. Texas is a nice paycheck, but it isn't all that it's cracked up to be anymore

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    People act like Herman is some seasoned Vet. He's coached for 2 years as a HC. Texas is a nice paycheck, but it isn't all that it's cracked up to be anymore
    He's probably overrated since he is playing with other people's players. But he is the only guy Texas can really hire that makes any sense. It is still the top university in the best recruiting area in the country. Baylor screwed things up for a while but it is set for takeoff now. They will be a Top 25 team next year and then it is onward and upward from there.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Ya this doesn't seem to be the year to be a top program looking for a coach. Unless you get Herman there's not much out there...that's obvious at least

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Tom Coughlin

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So he isn't even fired yet??!?!

He's going to coach against TCU?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Charlie doesn't know he's fired yet.

My sources on the inside tell me they're keeping him guessing. But believe me, he's as good as gone.

Herman a possibility if the money is right. He wants them backing up the truck.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    So what's there now, 3 and a half Black coaches left in power 5? Sumlin, Shaw, Lovie, Franklin? Tee Martin may get a shot down the road. Mike Singletary wants to be a HC again
    The guy from Syracuse.

Paul Haynes - Kent St. Been there awhile too.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Lovie is not very good. He will last a couple of more years and then he is gone. Herman gets the Texas job if he wants it. The fact is that OU owns Texas right now and will continue to do so in the near future. There is always Les Miles but I do not think he would take it. He just left one screwed up administration. Why work for another?

Buffalo Nickle

Les Miles would take it in a second. He says he wants to coach again. Texas does not hire fired coaches.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Lol so after reading this thread I learned Strong only got hired because he was black and we should rid of all black coaches because they're inferior. Awesome.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    The guy from Syracuse.

Paul Haynes - Kent St. Been there awhile too.

Derrick Mason at Vanderbilt. Forgot about him

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I know it's a pipe dream, but would love to have him be the D Coordinator at Cuse. Babers offense, and Strongs D.....ouuuu baby. The Cuse would be back before you know it.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Damn, people don't even know my man Dino Babers. I'm glad. He may actually be an option at Texas since that's where his roots are. I guess we're lucky that we had a rough year. He's an offensive genius, built out of the Baylor mode.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I know it's a pipe dream, but would love to have him be the D Coordinator at Cuse. Babers offense, and Strongs D.....ouuuu baby. The Cuse would be back before you know it.
    Strong will get the cincy job. He did a great job at louisville. Uc already took one fired 12 coach in tubberville

First 12