TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    that's great for 2 years ago and "almost 1-2 plays" doesn't really mean anything, I'm talking about this season though and my opinion stands, but we'll just have to see how it plays weird sh*t can always happen but I just think Bama steamrolls through this year

Almost 1-2 plays doesn't mean anything? It damn sure does. The last 2-3 years, Alabama has tested by other teams in ways they weren't in big games 3+ years ago

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    No, they would get in ahead of 2 loss OSU. No way 2 loss OSU should be in ahead of 1 loss UL
    I agree, re-read what I wrote. I said 1-loss Michigan would get in before Louisville if only loss was to Ohio State, which is now moot with Michigan losing to Iowa. Now, Louisville's chances are improved because loser of Michigan/Ohio State is now out.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I agree, re-read what I wrote. I said 1-loss Michigan would get in before Louisville if only loss was to Ohio State, which is now moot with Michigan losing to Iowa. Now, Louisville's chances are improved because loser of Michigan/Ohio State is now out.
    oh my bad, forgot your post was before that game was over

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If you think that two teams from the ACC will make it, you are out of your mind. What a homer pick. If UDub wins out and wins the Pac 12 with one loss, they go. Anyone who thinks Louisville would go instead of them is a rank homer and amateur.
    No, Pac-12 is now out. Washington needed to go undefeated because conference is so weak. As of now, my thinking is if Michigan beats Ohio State, the ACC WILL get two teams as it would be Alabama, Michigan, Clemson and Louisville. Things would only get complicated if Ohio State beats Michigan, in which case Alabama and Clemson (assuming they don't lose another) would be the only two givens.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Look we always spoiled but eye test is everything if we want top 4 teams

bammer
    clemson
    ul
    ohio st

to me are clear top 4

ul is favored over clemson on neutral

ohio st gonna give it to Michigan

TPowell

No, Pac-12 is now out. Washington needed to go undefeated because conference is so weak. As of now, my thinking is if Michigan beats Ohio State, the ACC WILL get two teams as it would be Alabama, Michigan, Clemson and Louisville. Things would only get complicated if Ohio State beats Michigan, in which case Alabama and Clemson (assuming they don't lose another) would be the only two givens.
    2 loss Michigan or Penn State would be in play for a playoff spot if OSU wins? That seems a little far fetched

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    2 loss Michigan or Penn State would be in play for a playoff spot if OSU wins? That seems a little far fetched
    In that scenario, can't justify taking Ohio State over Big Ten Champion and that champion would have two losses no matter what (Penn State vs. Wisconsin).

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'll preface this by saying I'd like to see Alabama Louisville and I think Louisville is one of the 4 best teams.

Winner of the Big Ten is getting in. If Ohio State has one loss and Penn State or Wisconsin win, it'll be interesting. Louisville almost will certainly be out.

What have you seen from this committee that leads you to believe they'll just up and put a team that didn't win their own division over a conference champion with the same amount of losses?

and fwiw, Washington & louisvilles SOS are literally equal right now...except washingtons will improve more than Louisvilles will

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Prob is big 10 winner most likely gonna have 2 losses

could be penn st wiscy

LT Profits

I would not base what the committee does this year on what they did the last two years because there were really no non-champions to consider those two years. Two years ago last spot came down to conference champs Ohio State and TCU and last year there was not controversy with four deserving conference champs and Stanford left out as expected. Different scenario this year where non-champions Louisville and Ohio State (if Penn State wins division) would be heavy favorites over Washington.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

I agree with blazer. All 8 teams who made the playoffs in the first 2 years all won their conference. You can wish and hope all you want but you need upsets to happen in those conferençe championship if you are louisville.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    I agree with blazer. All 8 teams who made the playoffs in the first 2 years all won their conference. You can wish and hope all you want but you need upsets to happen in those conferençe championship if you are louisville.
    Re-read what I just wrote in Post #45. Last two years were all conference champs because, unlike this season, there were no non-champions in play.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You really going to take that fake co-title the big 12 had and say no non champs were in play? Guess we'll see. People acting like there is some giant difference between Louisvilles schedule & Wahingtons. There is not

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Really? You would put 1 loss non conference champ Louisville over 1 loss pac 12 champ uw? That would mean uw would finish with wins over wazzu and Colorado/usc/Utah, all ranked teams. Who will Louisville have beaten? Fsu now unranked and Houston?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

I am still standing strong on my belief the only team that can give Bama a game is OSU

rizespor

My mistake fsu is ranked but point is still there. Like dane said not a big difference in their schedules

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by rizespor View Post
    Really? You would put 1 loss non conference champ Louisville over 1 loss pac 12 champ uw? That would mean uw would finish with wins over wazzu and Colorado/usc/Utah, all ranked teams. Who will Louisville have beaten? Fsu now unranked and Houston?
    Absolutely considering Louisville would be about a 6-point favorite on a neutral field. Would be great if committee considers stuff like that, Oddsmakers currently rate Louisville about even with Oho State for second best team in the country.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Vegas should be the committee

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Bottom line I think UL should play Ohio st and that winner play bammer for title

is clemson lose to unranked pitt better or worse than UL loss by a yard in fake valley?

UL is favored over clemson on neutral

it's tough man, but I don't think Michigan is a top 4 team

rizespor

Absolutely considering Louisville would be about a 6-point favorite on a neutral field. Would be great if committee considers stuff like that, Oddsmakers currently rate Louisville about even with Oho State for second best team in the country.
    Yeah I know they're highly rated by oddsmakers but I'm saying from the committee's pov. Looking at their schedules which isn't a huge disparity plus having the conference title under their belt I'm having a hard seeing them taking ville in that spot.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Vegas should be the committee
    Only problem I would have with that is it would make conference titles meaningless. Ohio State is the best team in Big Ten based on power ratings the books use alone, but can't put them in playoff and leave Big Ten champ out. Also power rating have some two-loss teams near top and I don't think two-loss non-champions should be considered.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Penn st plays wiscy for big 10 title?

Its gonna be tough

wvu would be favored over penn st on neutral

rizespor

But who knows maybe they will take Vegas power ratings into consideration. Ville does probably present toughest match-up for bama

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Only problem I would have with that is it would make conference titles meaningless. Ohio State is the best team in Big Ten based on power ratings the books use alone, but can't put them in playoff and leave Big Ten champ out. Also power rating have some two-loss teams near top and I don't think two-loss non-champions should be considered.
    Agree here

but does anyone think penn st or wiscy is better than osu?

cuz I don't , mich prob better than both

it's the divisions man

fsu
    clemson
    UL

whos the best 2 teams in ACC?

Its clear

who's the best 2 teams in sec?

its pretty clear

who's the best 2 teams in big 10?

Its pretty clear

this expansion murdered this game

does anyone think unc or va Tech is better than UL or clemson? Lol of course not, shit fsu the third best team in acc

champlain

Re-read what I just wrote in Post #45. Last two years were all conference champs because, unlike this season, there were no non-champions in play.
    you mean like last year defending champions ohio state with only one loss who routed Michigan at the big house. the difference between osu and Alabama last year is ole miss crapped their pants so that Alabama gets to win their conference championship while Michigan choked their game against Michigan state.

LT Profits

you mean like last year defending champions ohio state with only one loss who routed Michigan at the big house. the difference between osu and Alabama last year is ole miss crapped their pants so that Alabama gets to win their conference championship while Michigan choked their game against Michigan state.
    Does nothing to change my point. In the end last year, committee had easy time filling field with conference champions. This year does not look easy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Some guys here post like they're on the committee

Nobody knows anything Alabama cannot even be in it if they lose two in a row

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

They have a dogfight next weekend....Taking on Tennessee Chattanooga....wonder if they win

rizespor

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

No way. Even they somehow lose to auburn then Florida/Tennessee in sec title game, they eould have to be in. Not enough teams you could justify taking over them. They would probably still be ranked #2

champlain

Does nothing to change my point. In the end last year, committee had easy time filling field with conference champions. This year does not look easy.
    I'll put it this way, ohio state finished 7 in the college football rankings behind stanford. But, you can keepl thinking a one loss washington pac 12 champion gets surpassed by lousiville.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dont sleep on Stoops and OU getting in

they have #13 and #14 left on their schedule. If Houston beats UL, WSU beats UW and Clemson loses, boom

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Should UL be ranked ahead of Clemson?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Clemson sucks man...should have 2 losses on record

LT Profits

I'll put it this way, ohio state finished 7 in the college football rankings behind stanford. But, you can keepl thinking a one loss washington pac 12 champion gets surpassed by lousiville.
    I don't understand what you are saying. Ohio State did not get in last year so what exactly is your point? And Louisville will be ranked ahead of Washington going forward.

LT Profits

Probably will be temporarily but Clemson probably jumps them by winning ACC at the end.

First 123 Last