LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Carson Wentz Era Starts NOW!

So much for earlier reports that he would "redshirt" this season before the Bradford trade. Wentz is expected to start the season opener Sunday vs. Cleveland.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25256

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    So much for earlier reports that he would "redshirt" this season before the Bradford trade. Wentz is expected to start the season opener Sunday vs. Cleveland.
    It is a bad move for week 1...I would give him 1 more week of recovery then start him week 2...Eagles would beat the Browns with you at QB LT...

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3177

Foresee a long year for the Philly team. Like the Clowns week 1.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phila with great year

8-8

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Browns ml

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

They pretty much said this after Bradford got traded.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Yikes! Browns actually start 1-0!

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

so does that mean under in the game vs the browns

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If Lakerboy says Browns ML, then Philly is home free. The Eagles have all kinds of experience stopping RGIII. The Under may not be a bad play.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

My #1 guess for "bust of the draft"...NFL is a whole new world compared to South Dakota Technical college which is what he's used to playing

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Can he throw? Didnt he run alot at ND State?

Gooleez21
    Gooleez21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Browns

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    My #1 guess for "bust of the draft"...NFL is a whole new world compared to South Dakota Technical college which is what he's used to playing
    Wentz will not be a bust, he has all the raw tools to be a future stud. It just may take several years to realize his potential. I am not a fan of throwing a Division II product to the wolves right from Week 1 though. But hey, going through growing pains while getting on-the-job training worked for some others (Peyton Manning comes to mind).

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Wentz will not be a bust, he has all the raw tools to be a future stud. It just may take several years to realize his potential. I am not a fan of throwing a Division II product to the wolves right from Week 1 though. But hey, going through growing pains while getting on-the-job training worked for some others (Peyton Manning comes to mind).
    Exactly a terrible pick on multiple levels...high bust risk and who drafts a guy #2 for "a few years down the road"...terrible pick

LT Profits

Exactly a terrible pick on multiple levels...high bust risk and who drafts a guy #2 for "a few years down the road"...terrible pick
    I disagree, great idea for Eagles to look few years down the road because they figured to suck until then anyway.

jjgold

Division is weak

8-8 might win it

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

you can't argue the trade for Bradford.........getting a #1 at this point in his career is just mind boggling.....there was no way the eagles could say no to that........I'm thinking they run a variation of Andy Reid's offense (quick, short passing game, ball control, etc) Do I think he's ready? Not at all...........you can't play Daniel though. Guess we will see what happens

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

Only the people who are stupid enough to believe the rhetoric that coaches and GM's throw out there would think that it was a terrible pick. You really think anyone would have given them a first round pick for a quarterback that made openly available from the day after the draft? The Eagles played their cards right. They made everyone believe that Bradford was their guy and they were going to sit this rookie for at least a year before they put him out there. If the Vikings knew the Eagles were going to dump Bradford ASAP then they would have offered a 2nd round pick and gotten him anyway. But by making him the starter they added value to him, they made it seem like they couldn't put their fan base through trading their opening day QB without getting value in return, which they did in getting a first and a fourth round pick. The Eagles had NO intention of keeping Bradford past this year, they just wanted to increase the trade value, whether it happened now or next off season.
    Also there was whispers among beat writers in Philly that Bradford's shoulder was wearing down. Could just be a rumor but the Vikings will find out soon enough.
    Eagles made a steal in this trade. Plus they get to start the franchise guy from day one. A total win-win.

arrgy
    arrgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    I would take the under in most games this week, except for Detroit.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

You are giving this kid way to much credit. Peyton is a bad comparison. Peyton had hall of fame written all over him from day one. His rookie year he threw for over 3700 yards. Alex Smith is a better comparison.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    You are giving this kid way to much credit. Peyton is a bad comparison. Peyton had hall of fame written all over him from day one. His rookie year he threw for over 3700 yards. Alex Smith is a better comparison.
    Wentz is already a better passer than Smith ever was, and just as good a runner too. It's just a matter of translating his FCS game to the NFL.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Damn. I was gonna use Philly in Survivors. Now I can't.
    You could have got great odds if you said Wentz would start game 1, and Goff Wouldn't.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29862

ken andersoon , phil simms, dave krieg
    ( i know , i know, maybe they didn't start in week 1 - just testing my memory)

LT Profits

And let's not forget that North Dakota State beats FBS schools every year, I don't remember the last time they lost to one.

LT Profits

And let's not forget that North Dakota State beats FBS schools every year, I don't remember the last time they lost to one.
    Last time Bison lost to an FBS school was 2009 at Iowa State. Since then they are 5-0 with every game being on the road! Best win during Wentz era was at Kansas State in 2013 when Wildcats were nationally ranked after winning Big 12 Championship in 2012.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Flacco came from Division II school. He won a Superbowl.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Hes getting thrown to the wolves early, might be best thing for him. But it sure is the best for the team cause a 1st and 4th for that bum of a Qb they were gonna start is highway robbery.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Last time Bison lost to an FBS school was 2009 at Iowa State. Since then they are 5-0 with every game being on the road! Best win during Wentz era was at Kansas State in 2013 when Wildcats were nationally ranked after winning Big 12 Championship in 2012.
    Except that was Brock Jensons last year as qb at k state wentz was backup...wentz was starter 2014-15 and 2015-16

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The Eagles are a really stupid team letting Bradford go. Now they are in the position the Vikings were in. Wentz went from learning to now a starter, the Eagles will have a horrible year.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Philly should start Chase. The head coach really doesn't think Wentz gives them the best chance to win, but he's their top pick so of course there is pressue to play him.
    Last edited by NardVa; 09-06-16 at 06:53 AM.

jjgold

Hard for rookies to do well in nfl especially qb's

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Except that was Brock Jensons last year as qb at k state wentz was backup...wentz was starter 2014-15 and 2015-16
    Noted. But my main point was that although Wentz comes from FCS program, it is easily the best FCS program in the country (note the five straight national championships) so maybe the FCS thing should be be held against him.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.

If its such a bad move to start Wentz this Sunday then why are the Eagles 4 point favorites?

I think he'll do just fine.

LT Profits

FWIW, Eagles were -7 on early summer lines in Vegas. Not sure if that is meaningful or not, just putting it out there.

123 Last