BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Reminiscing of the old days......

I have $100 in my pocket. It's all the money I have to my name, but it's not enough. I need to at least double it. What's the quickest way to make it happen?

Go to the local bookie and put it all on a team for even money. You take that chance.

If it hits, life will be good for a little while longer. Can eat a few good meals and do what you need to do with the rest.

if you lose? You know the routine.... Gonna have to starve or eat toxic ramen noodles and PB jelly sandwiches for awhile and be stressed out, but it will pass.

Always brighter days ahead.
    Last edited by BigBusiness; 07-22-16 at 05:49 PM.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with JayV420 let's run good. A wise man once said a woman will put up with a lot of shit from a man except for one being broke.
    Attached Images  

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think a few posters are misunderstanding the formula in regards to having $400 $800 or $2,000 handy in case of emergency.

What the article (in my eyes) means... that people may somehow come up with that $400... but you won't be paying a bill that month. Something has to give. Something will be backed up. Too many people purchase things on credit... buying things you just don't need etc. So... percentage wise... you really don't have that emergency money you think you have.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    I'm with JayV420 let's run good. A wise man once said a woman will put up with a lot of shit from a man except for one being broke.
    Can't you spot a brotha $50?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    All of that is correct except that the deficit for 2016 is ~$500 billion. The sum of the entire national debt is ~$19 trillion.

I will tell you what though, I believe that a much greater percentage of Americans can come up with $400 if they really need to.
    mistake on my end

I'm highly doubting that they can, but if they can, that's great.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I think a few posters are misunderstanding the formula in regards to having $400 $800 or $2,000 handy in case of emergency.

What the article (in my eyes) means... that people may somehow come up with that $400... but you won't be paying a bill that month. Something has to give. Something will be backed up. Too many people purchase things on credit... buying things you just don't need etc. So... percentage wise... you really don't have that emergency money you think you have.
    You made my point for me. This is why I think the data is misleading because the America has more of an over-extension problem than a poverty problem.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

I loan people money all the time, but it comes with massive interest.

Great money maker for me.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    I loan people money all the time, but it comes with massive interest.

Great money maker for me.
    ain't nothing wrong with predatory landing, if demand is there

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

In today's world, if you don't have a G for emergencies to your name, you're flat out broke. If you're flat out broke and then start borrowing (friends, CC's...etc) even more money, you're basically trickling below poverty line.

Even if that number is not 63%, like they've said in the article, but say 40%...It's still a pretty scary statistic.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

What does $400 look like?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    ain't nothing wrong with predatory landing, if demand is there
    Nope there isn't. Adults make their own decisions in life. I hear people all the time complaining about paying all of this interest is not fair and blah blah blah, but they had no complaints when they were taking the loan and putting it into their pockets. None whatsoever.

Adults pointing their finger at everyone and everything but themselves make me sick.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Nope there isn't. Adults make their own decisions in life. I hear people all the time complaining about paying all of this interest is not fair and blah blah blah, but they had no complaints when they were taking the loan and putting it into their pockets. None whatsoever.

Adults pointing their finger at everyone and everything but themselves make me sick.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Nope there isn't. Adults make their own decisions in life.
    True, but this isn't the good old days. Men have it harder today.
    Life is different. Sometimes, excuses are true.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    i didnt wanna believe it
    actually 46% but still

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-400-expense/
    "About 81 percent of people making more than $100,000 a year reported they would be able to cover the bill, compared with 34 percent of those earning less than $40,000."

these 19% of people making over 100k who can't do $400...did these assclowns not understand the question?

This country has major spending problem, even more proof right there.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    "About 81 percent of people making more than $100,000 a year reported they would be able to cover the bill, compared with 34 percent of those earning less than $40,000."

these 19% of people making over 100k who can't do $400...did these assclowns not understand the question?

This country has major spending problem, even more proof right there.
    I use to date a girl who made 120k a year. No bullsh#$... I wanted to see a copy of her W-2 from work... and she showed me. Her issue... she wanted to be a celebrity. She was never happy with wearing the same outfit twice. She claims she had 20k in her savings acct. But if you're making 120k a year... where the fuk is all the money going?

I told her... in a nice way... you are so lucky in your career. There's no need to go to the mall every single day because you're "restless". That's clearly what she was... restless. Every time we went out to eat... the bill was $150.00+ for 2 people. That just wasn't my style.

So... I believe if you make a lot... you spend a lot. If you don't make much... you basically get by. That's American Life.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

that's blood money cousin

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    house
    car
    kids

there is 3

what you measure as an inconvenience is irrelevant to the fact most people could not afford to cover an emergency cost.
    I've never, ever had a $400 emergency with my house, cars or kids. Hot water heater breaks, go get another one. Flood in my living room, clean up the carpet. I don't need to fix anything right now. I can always wait a few weeks if I needed to. Fortunately, I wouldn't have to wait financially but there's nothing in my house that is a rush. Air conditioner breaks down would be the only health emergency in Houston, but I have 3 AC units in my house and a spare in the garage. What could happen in my house that would demand an emergency?

Car breaks down, I have several other cars to choose from. I have a 2014 Audi A8 in my garage right now for the last 3 months with a busted bumper that I haven't had time to get fixed. Not a real rush and certainly not an emergency. Kids? An emergency room visit? Insurance. School books? Not hardly. Day care for my little one is $2100/month, I'd be better off sending her to fukkkin college. $400 is a fukkin drop in the bucket.

I remember reading about a black lady that donated millions of dollars to a university. That lady worked menial jobs her entire life but scraped, scrapped and saved money over her lifetime. Most people are only broke because of their lifestyle choices. Most people are just broke at different levels. But I say again, that if I offered you a brand new Range Rover for $400, there isn't one man, woman or child who couldn't come up with $400 in a couple of hours. It's all about priorities.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you should keep voting democrat so you can make it worse.
    It does not matter. America is a nation that is sadly poor on the bottom end and sadly rich on the top end.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Did this mean $400 instantly or $400 in the bank

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

but a hundred on j

jjgold

I can count the times of my life I had $400 on me

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Me too....I have never had $400 so 0

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Hippy - The only president of our generation to send anyone a check was a republican. George W Bush. Stimulus check. $800-$1600 I think. Most people got one. I did, I just can't remember the amount.

Anyway, tell your black friends and your hippy friends to stop voting for the quick fix, and for what just benefits you. This is why we're in this mess. A rising tide lifts all boats. Vote for what benefits the country, whichever side you feel that may be.

Lottery = Bad. Investments = Good.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Hippy - The only president of our generation to send anyone a check was a republican. George W Bush. Stimulus check. $800-$1600 I think. Most people got one. I did, I just can't remember the amount.

Anyway, tell your black friends and your hippy friends to stop voting for the quick fix, and for what just benefits you. This is why we're in this mess. A rising tide lifts all boats. Vote for what benefits the country, whichever side you feel that may be.

Lottery = Bad. Investments = Good.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...275_billion.29

jjgold

I got $350 right now and going to the track

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I got $350 right now and going to the track

Play craps , jj

one hot roll will turn 350 to $35K

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I got $400 now and going to the beach.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

The problem is giving out credit. The credit firms make money and people who shouldn't get credit get it and can never get out of debt.

Credit is evil.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You have about 100 threads at SBR where you went ALL IN with more than $400.

jjgold

Yes but not daily

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The problem is giving out credit. The credit firms make money and people who shouldn't get credit get it and can never get out of debt.

Credit is evil.
    And guys in here say predatory lending is great! LoL

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sammy has 365.00 in cash on person... If an EMP hit today that would be it

jjgold

what we learned..most of America middle to poor

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out