Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

July 31st Ideas

I will be in Vegas July 31st. I am going to make my homer bets on the Texans to win the Super Bowl and the Astros to win the World Series. I'm also taking the under on the Cowboys victories of 9.5. Any other good ideas. I was also thinking about taking the Rams to win the Super Bowl.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Steelers-Redskins under 50.5.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Steelers-Redskins under 50.5.
    The Redskins scare me this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they went 12-4 or 4-12. The NFC East is wide open.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

futures take up too much money

bad idea

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Don't waste your money on the Lambs. No way they win the SB coming out of that division with a rookie QB. Austin and Quinn are studs but it's a team game. They lost their D captains too Laurinaitis and Long via FA. Wouldn't surprise me if the finish under .500 again. At best if every bounce goes their way, they steal a WC spot and get rolled. If you just wanna take a stab at SB futures, I like Colts and Vikings, both much more realistic than Rams and marginally more probable than Texans. Astros is a good pick but if it were me, I'd take them to win the AL only or at least both the AL and WS bets separately. I think they get to the WS and lose to either Cubs/Dodgers/Giants whichever one wins NL. So if you bet the Stros to win WS you get nothing, even if they win the AL pennant.

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Don't waste your money on the Lambs. No way they win the SB coming out of that division with a rookie QB. Austin and Quinn are studs but it's a team game. They lost their D captains too Laurinaitis and Long via FA. Wouldn't surprise me if the finish under .500 again. At best if every bounce goes their way, they steal a WC spot and get rolled. If you just wanna take a stab at SB futures, I like Colts and Vikings, both much more realistic than Rams and marginally more probable than Texans. Astros is a good pick but if it were me, I'd take them to win the AL only or at least both the AL and WS bets separately. I think they get to the WS and lose to either Cubs/Dodgers/Giants whichever one wins NL. So if you bet the Stros to win WS you get nothing, even if they win the AL pennant.
    I only like to go by Sabre Metric stats. They rank 7 out of 8 of the worst teams are all in the NL. Regardless, great idea to also take them to win the AL. I just wonder if the NL really does have the best teams or the bad NL are just that bad. The playoffs in the AL will be entertaining. I don't think anybody will want to play the Red Sox or the Blue Jays. Those teams are loaded on offense. Cleveland and Texas (Win healthy) might be the best teams in baseball besides the Cubs. I'm a homer but I think my Astros could be dangerous, especially if the kid from LSU turns out to be a stud.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Bet the Nats to win it all.