BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    KD refuse to sign the 1 year deal because Russell let him know he was not coming back after his deal expired...
    And how do you know this? Source?

Even if Russ told KD he was leaving after this season, how would that prevent KD from signing a year deal and opt out?

KD could have still left after next year.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-05-16 at 11:38 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Team Ramrod gave BigDofBA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    And how do you know this? Source?

Even if Russ told KD he was leaving after this season, how would that prevent KD for signing a year deal and opt out?

KD could have still left after next year.

BigDofBA

I also heard "sources" say Durant was 90% he would re-sign with OKC last week when in reality it sounds like Durant had known he was leaving for a while.

Still, how did that prevent Durant from signing a one year option? Even if Russ was leaving, why not sign the deal that would give you the most money and go for it one more year? KD could have still opted out after next season.

I don't doubt Westbrook is leaving but they could have tried one more year. It made the most financial sense.

Menses

I also heard "sources" say Durant was 90% he would re-sign with OKC last week when in reality it sounds like Durant had known he was leaving for a while.

Still, how did that prevent Durant from signing a one year option? Even if Russ was leaving, why not sign the deal that would give you the most money and go for it one more year? KD could have still opted out after next season.

I don't doubt Westbrook is leaving but they could have tried one more year. It made the most financial sense.
    Nevermind what you heard....You can see it on the court...those TWO were not happy together....arguments...and disagreements in the middle of games...and there is right there.....WESTBROOK had no intention of resigning.....Horford SAID the exact same thing....48 hrs before Durants announcement.....The game is rigged...why would Durant sign a 1 year for ? Russell is going to be TRADED as the organization KNOWS he is not returning NEXT year regardless of what KD does...KD was leaving..its just the destination that is a bit overwhelming to absorb..

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER...

Durant was being recruited to Golden State as far back as the FIBA Championships..and perhaps earlier...Which means THERE WAS PLANNING...but HE HAD to sign there this year because it makes things easier for Jerry WEST who also has to sign CURRY whos contract is UP at the end of the upcoming season. DURANT had to sign NOW or never..Golden State would not have been able to sign both Curry and Durant at MAX value with TRASH Bogut and Excess Dead WEIGHT Barnes still on the books next year on 1 year deals...This thing has been in the works for at least a YEAR....I dont know why OKC fans are in shock....the guy threw the series...
    Last edited by Menses; 07-06-16 at 01:25 AM.

BigDofBA

Nevermind what you heard....You can see it on the court...those TWO were not happy together....arguments...and disagreements in the middle of games...and there is right there.....WESTBROOK had no intention of resigning.....Horford SAID the exact same thing....48 hrs before Durants announcement.....The game is rigged...why would Durant sign a 1 year for ? Russell is going to be TRADED as the organization KNOWS he is not returning NEXT year regardless of what KD does...KD was leaving..its just the destination that is a bit overwhelming to absorb..

BUT HERE IS THE KICKER...

Durant was being recruited to Golden State as far back as the FIBA Championships..and perhaps earlier...Which means THERE WAS PLANNING...but HE HAD to sign there this year because it makes things easier for Jerry WEST who also has to sign CURRY whos contract is UP at the end of the upcoming season. DURANT had to sign NOW or never..Golden State would not have been able to sign both Curry and Durant at MAX value with TRASH Bogut and Excess Dead WEIGHT Barnes still on the books next year on 1 year deals...This thing has been in the works for at least a YEAR....I dont know why OKC fans are in shock....the guy threw the series...
    You're right. People here are in shock because they didn't see it coming and apparently Durant has had his mind made up for a while.

Meanwhile, OKC has spent the last year making trades, getting new coaches, etc. to try to keep Durant. It was all a wasted effort.

I've heard some stories about the interviews KD had last weekend in the Hamptons and apparently he didn't even ask that many questions to any of the other teams during the process. In other words, he already knew where he was going.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

KD is a bitch.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    KD is a bitch.
    Lb, so you hate him more than lebron now?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    KD is a bitch.
    If he wanted to leave or goto a new city fine. I could understand. Start a new challenge. Pursue your dream somewhere else. Whatever, just be straight up.

But to be rubbing elbows with he enemy, to be recruited by a guy that was kicking your center in the nuts.....to give every indication to your franchise and fans that you were coming back....and then just bolt at the end of the year leaving the franchise in shambles......

To goto the very team you choked a 3-1 lead to ....to goto the team that you were up 8 on with five minutes to go and you couldn't score the rest of the game with a chance to goto the Finals.....

That is a bitch move.

It's also a bitch move on the Warriors part. They were afraid of OKC so they eliminated that threat and they didn't feel confident enough in Curry and their 73 win team in beating Lebron next year.

Lebron looks so much better now. I never thought a player could far exceed what Lebron did but it's happened.

Lebron literally made Curry his bitch. That finesse shit finally stopped working in the Finals. I hope it happens again.

The game is a lot more physical in the post-season. Hell, OKC made the Warriors their bitch in games 3 and 4. Those were 20 point blowouts from the opening tip.

The Warriors got blown out 4 times in their last 10 games. Some all-time great team they are.....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Lb, so you hate him more than lebron now?
    Damn right.

BigDofBA

Durant still can't bench 135. If he would have worked harder in the gym, or at least worked out, his game would have been better.

Now he can play in a "system" so won't have to do all that.

BigDofBA

Durant is getting ripped by all-time greats like Barkley and Reggie Miller.

Stephen A. Smith ripped him too.

Is this the legacy he was going after?

What happened to people wanting to die as a man instead of living like a coward?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Supposedly Nike reeeally wanted Durant on this Under Armour team. You have to suspect there is more going on behind the scenes. That biz is way bigger than the bball game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JMon

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

This is a bitch move on all counts. And not to mention bad for the NBA... I wonder what Silver thinks

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Supposedly Nike reeeally wanted Durant on this Under Armour team. You have to suspect there is more going on behind the scenes. That biz is way bigger than the bball game.
    I've heard that too. His shoes haven't been selling but that's not because he played for OKC. That's because they were ugly as f*ck.

Menses

If he wanted to leave or goto a new city fine. I could understand. Start a new challenge. Pursue your dream somewhere else. Whatever, just be straight up.

But to be rubbing elbows with he enemy, to be recruited by a guy that was kicking your center in the nuts.....to give every indication to your franchise and fans that you were coming back....and then just bolt at the end of the year leaving the franchise in shambles......

To goto the very team you choked a 3-1 lead to ....to goto the team that you were up 8 on with five minutes to go and you couldn't score the rest of the game with a chance to goto the Finals.....

That is a bitch move.

It's also a bitch move on the Warriors part. They were afraid of OKC so they eliminated that threat and they didn't feel confident enough in Curry and their 73 win team in beating Lebron next year.

Lebron looks so much better now. I never thought a player could far exceed what Lebron did but it's happened.

Lebron literally made Curry his bitch. That finesse shit finally stopped working in the Finals. I hope it happens again.

The game is a lot more physical in the post-season. Hell, OKC made the Warriors their bitch in games 3 and 4. Those were 20 point blowouts from the opening tip.

The Warriors got blown out 4 times in their last 10 games. Some all-time great team they are.....
    Lebron's situation is a bit different....he joined a 47 win team...his team was lack luster and could not win a Championship...a teammate was sleeping with his mother..so personal issues were also in play...however...Lebron IS NO DIFFERENT when it comes to the conflict of interest that took place on the court...Lebron THREW THE SERIES AGAINST BOSTON IN 2010, his last series with Cleveland before the Decision. And DURANT did the same thing against the Warriors in GAME 5 GAME 6 AND GAME 7...Remember...I called for a 3-1 comeback in the finals...all money line bets well in advanced...i know a rig when I see one....so in that sense Lebron was just as guilty as Durant...

There was a massive conflict of interest going on with Durant in Game 5 Game 6 and Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals...He was talking to Steve Kerr between timesouts nonstop...and was very chummy with Draymond Green...and then of course the uncharacteristic turnovers ( 5 at least ) in the last 6 minutes of Game 6..

Russell Westbrook Was Supposedly Put Off By Kevin Durant's Relationship With Draymond Green

July 6, 2016

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russell-w...232006231.html

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical not only knows everything; he knows it long before anyone else does. With most NBA reporters, you have to take things like this with a grain of salt. But when Woj speaks, you listen. So when he said on The Vertical podcast Wednesday that Russell Westbrook may have had some qualms about Kevin Durant’s buddy-buddy relationship with a certain high-profile competitor, there’s probably something to that. Here’s a transcript of that part of his discussion with guest Jeff Van Gundy:

“And there’s no question, I know Russell [Westbrook] was bothered by — and some other teammates were too — of, like, there was some knowledge there that Draymond [Green] was in contact with Kevin [Durant] all season long and they’re in a playoff series and I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’”
    Last edited by Menses; 07-06-16 at 09:08 PM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    That is exactly what is going on...Its amazing people do not connect the dots...Nike has 300 million invested in Durant..Under Armor has 200 million on Curry...Nike wants a return on their investment..Cue the backlash against Curry's new shoe which people say looks like grandapa shoes....LOL...

Nike wants the upper tier players like Lebron and Durant to humiliate Curry. Curry was never better than Lebron...rule changes, illegal screens and god knows what else assisted the warriors since last year..but in a physical matchup with no touch fouls called..Nike knew Lebron would embarrass Curry...Vegas knew it as well....Nike has 1 billion invested in Lebron...and they did this while the whole world thought Curry was going to be new face of the NBA..LOL.....whos laughing now ? The plan now is to have Curry become Durant's sidekick...Klay is a third option...Curry will NEVER outshine Lebron while Lebron is still in this league..nor will he outshine Durant...Durant will win a few rings in Golden State (NOT THIS YEAR) then Durant will return to OKC and do has Lebron did...in Cleveland..

First ... 4567