JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    I know, I think I addressed that when I said "not that it decided the game" but let's say hypothetically that same Spurs vs OKC scenario or something similar happens in a game 7, are you supposed just live with a missed call deciding the series? Does the NBA's "my bad" statement the next day make up for anything?
    to answer your question, yes. people tend to forget that the refs are also human. like you and i. all you can say is "my bad"

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

I mean you're right, it's not like anyone can do anything about it so you just have to live with it. But shouldn't we be able to hold them to a higher standard than the average Joe Shmoe? I mean they're professional referees. This is their job. Everyone and their mothers noticed a few of these missed calls, but it's cool that the ref standing 2 feet away missed it cause they're human?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Human error is part of basketball just like any sport. They missed calls all night. It's part of the game. I can't stand replay review. Would rather live with the mistakes. If replay review were so good, that missed call never would have occurred last night. But of course only "certain plays" are reviewable. The whole thing is stupid.
    Agreed.

Westbrook walked so the refs missed it but they also missed several calls on GSW.

If they called a shooting foul when Durant got slapped in the face on a drive to he bucket the game would have been over way before it got to the final two possessions.

The no call on Durant isn't any less important than Westbrook traveling but no one will talk about it because it didn't happen in the final 30 seconds.

That one possession didn't cost them the game. I think OKC's bigs and fourth quarter defense had something to do with it.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by DUBnation View Post
    I mean you're right, it's not like anyone can do anything about it so you just have to live with it. But shouldn't we be able to hold them to a higher standard than the average Joe Shmoe? I mean they're professional referees. This is their job. Everyone and their mothers noticed a few of these missed calls, but it's cool that the ref standing 2 feet away missed it cause they're human?
    we cant hold the refs to any higher of a standard than we already do, if we held them any higher that would mean the refs are mechanical or robotic lol and the fact that they are so close its actually harder to see whats going on cause they are involved in it. sometimes its easier to see what happens from a far cause you can see things develop. hints why they added the replay element to the game, now the refs can go back and look at live footage so if need be, correct initial calls. refs are human, now a days you have to also cap that into the game lol

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

People love Curry but no doubt my boy Russell is the most athletic and electrifying player in the league to watch

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

current Finals lines..

Cavs -120 vs. OKC

Warriors -310 vs. Cavs

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post

People love Curry but no doubt my boy Russell is the most athletic and electrifying player in the league to watch
    100%

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post

Huge Curry fan here but gotta say I agree
    Points Awarded:

paco gave DUBnation 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

what pressure tonight on Golden St

I thought they rushed way too many shots

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    current Finals lines..

Cavs -120 vs. OKC

Warriors -310 vs. Cavs
    -310 whaaaat

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Can OKC give them another scare tonight?

Gotta think Golden State is garnering a ton of action in the bounceback spot.

louielouie
    louielouie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

okc wins tonight and wins series in 5 games

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Can OKC give them another scare tonight?

Gotta think Golden State is garnering a ton of action in the bounceback spot.
    OKC will play them tough but I feel like the Warriors will somehow escape.

Then OKC will win game 3 and whoever wins game 4 will probably win the series.

If you've watched all 4 games the teams have played, OKC has cause the Warriors problems and lead late in every game.

With all this said, the Warriors are a great team and one game really hasn't decided anything.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    -310 whaaaat
    yep, that's what they were yesterday before the Cavs series started.

current lines...

Cavs -130 vs. OKC

Warriors -280 vs. Cavs

if Warriors win tonight, expect the line to go back to -300 or so

First ... 2345