R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree Wiz just happened past few years though at its worst. League was in trouble after strike, rebounds during roid era they looked other way with , back in toilet after scandal , now back healthy again with big tv $ to burn. Don't get me wrong big bases fan here. But last few years seems like endless supply of $ just getting tossed faster than it can print and so many bad deals. How smart were Mets? We're LOADED with arms hey Blow J's you want to overpay this old knuckler and send us some prospects. He just won a CY after all he's real deal we promise lolol.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 05-02-16 at 10:27 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    And you will rip it and yet still continue to watch and bet on it.

Like I said, there's still bad contracts. It's nowhere near as bad as it was 5-10 years ago. Teams get smarter over time.
    There are so many awful teams in this league it's not even funny.

Franchises can't "copy" the Spurs and Warriors because they have too many faux stars who are more worried about themselves than the team/winning.

The league is literally infested with them.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    There are so many awful teams in this league it's not even funny.
    Yea several of those teams are building from scratch aka tanking. Completely separate issue. And if you start criticizing that, you should be just as critical of teams that do it in other sports. Plenty of teams have gutted their rosters in mlb and nfl.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

I've always wondered why teams and fans try so hard to scrape for that 8th or 7th seed towards the end of the year. You ain't gonna win shit anyways. Has an 8th seed ever gone deep into the playoffs?

I'd love for the nba to have a system similar to soccer. Expand and implement a relegation/promotion system and/or put in a couple smaller tournaments (similar to the FA cup, Copa del ray etc). Teams like Orlando, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Kings have nothing to play for and it gets dull real fast. The formatting of US sports is awful.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

Quote Originally Posted by Killer2121 View Post
    I've always wondered why teams and fans try so hard to scrape for that 8th or 7th seed towards the end of the year. You ain't gonna win shit anyways. Has an 8th seed ever gone deep into the playoffs?

I'd love for the nba to have a system similar to soccer. Expand and implement a relegation/promotion system and/or put in a couple smaller tournaments (similar to the FA cup, Copa del ray etc). Teams like Orlando, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Kings have nothing to play for and it gets dull real fast. The formatting of US sports is awful.
    I have kind of liked the relegation as well, but in 'Murica we do it better ok?

I would increase players max contract deals as a percent of the overall salary cap and see if that incentivized players to stop teaming up . if cle wants pay lebron half of their salary cap why shouldnt they be allowed to?

First 12