Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

$600 on the Heat +140 Series Bet Vs. Raptors

From a gambling perspective, this is a very fair and accurate line, based on the metrics, based on perception, based on home court advantage for Toronto. But to true basketball minds, this line is a complete joke. That doesn't mean Miami is a lock to win this series, but these odds are priceless for people that truly watch the nba closely.

The Raptors team is full of blue-collar guys who hustle, do dirty work, and try and find ways to contribute in ways other than scoring.....Corey Joseph, Byiambo, Powell, Terrence Ross, Paterson.....the guys I just listed are integral parts of Toronto's team.....and Miami counters with guys like Josh Richardson, Justice Winslow, Amare Stoudemire, Gerald Green, Tyler Johnson.....All guys that can get their OWN shot at any time. Not to mention the starters is full of all-star players at every position.....dragic, wade, johnson, deng, whiteside....Derozen on D Wade or Caroll or alternate? Derozen is too small to guard Joe Johnson. He will post up every play if Derozen switches onto him. Him and Lowry are gonna be settling for a ton of jumpers with Whiteside clogging the paint. Lowry couldn't even get anything going against George hill and Mihimi and Turner at the rim blocking every shot. He'll be swatted plenty by Whiteside.

When Miami wanted to lock it down defensively, Charlotte literally could not score the ball. Josh Richardson and WInslow, albeit rookies, are 2 of the best defenders in the entire NBA. Justice Winslow I think can lock down anyone on the raptors. Anyone, even if you wanted to put him on Derozen. Derozen will have trouble against him, trust me.

Patterson won't do shit against Luol Deng. Huge mismatch there. And Dragic and Lowry pretty much cancel out. Don't forgot dragic is 3rd team all nba a few years ago and is back to playing at that level.

Look for normal powell to come in and guard Wade in spurts. Huge mismatch. Kid is a good defender but is way too small to guard Wade down low.

People think Toronto is such a physical and grindhouse team....the reality is Miami is stronger at every position. Look how big and fast and athletic Miami's players are compared to Toronto's......I'm not surprised one bit this team struggled with Indy's size and athleticism....I said this during the year Toronto was a fraud....now they face a much tougher test in Miami, who is much biggger, much more physical, and much more athletic at every position overall (not just starters, bench players too) than Indy.

Toronto is like the memphis grizzlies of the east. It's like that team that no matter how much they grind, how hard they work, they just don't have the skill or athleticism to contend with the better teams. They always end up getting spanked by a well rounded team that can lock them down defensively and force them to make skill plays. Raptors just don't have enough around Lowry and Derozen. Those two guys are good, but come on....lol.....this miami team is stacked, they have the best player on the court, a better coach, are the better offensive and defensive team, and just can exploit a mismatch at every position if they really want to.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

bol goat

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Bol.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

i like this goat. i agree with the pricing of the Miami series line. its far too generous IMO. it wont hurt to throw some on it. GL goat

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Got +145 with a local and went 3 large on it. Great write up and I agree, Heat in 6.

new era
    new era's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

BOL. The whole world seems to be on the underdog Heats, sans the sharps.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Expected this line to be around a pick. Whatever I'll take the bait at +145

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I'm surprised at this line. Heat at +140 looks too easy

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

I concur Goat, I'll be pounding Miami this series, both home & away. In fact I think the Heat (assuming they can get past the Raptors) can also trouble the Cav's if they meet in the ECF. The Heat match up well against the Cav's, but not to get too far ahead of myself, first they have to deal with "we the North"

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good bet

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree I made it a 2t par with Cavs who are essentially a free roll barring a catastrophic injury to Bron. 2t Cavs/Miami advance to rnd 3 for me $200/376

I'm_Lucky
    I'm_Lucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23128

Can't believe Miami is plus money for the series... god, I wish I wasn't a Raps fan, I'm missing out on a good bet.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Only problem is outside of Whiteside, Miami is small and should be exploited if Raps are smart.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Lucky View Post
    Can't believe Miami is plus money for the series... god, I wish I wasn't a Raps fan, I'm missing out on a good bet.
    Ive never understood this thinking, what does being a fan and making money have to do with one another.

JMon

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_Lucky View Post
    discipline yourself to bet against your own team; you're not a gambler if you don't. Emotions are not good for this hobby

JMon

Jtoler beat me too it...lol

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Good bet goat. I think heat are on a hot streak

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

As long as Wade keeps playing like he is young again, this is a great bet.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Good Luck you know i will be on the Raptors. Im trying to figure out how much.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

the Raptors i mean the refs did a good job of closing out the Pacers in game 7

good bet... still can't trust Toronto

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

How confident are ya'll on this?

I think it's too easy... Miami is the better team with more experience but I've lost too many of these easy looking bets... That being said I'm a believer in referee bias and the dream Eastern conference final match up between the Cavs and Heat is almost possible.. NBA surely won't let Toronto reach the finals right?

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

great writeup Goaty

BOL

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Put mine in today.

Literally rolled my -145 from the Charlotte series.

It's Cleveland vs Miami in ECF. Scrips already in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Avenger_deux
    Avenger_deux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I'm thinking this goes to 7 games, hoping to pound Heat in Game 7 (as they'll be the dogs) but I still put 1 unit on the series price. Probably will chase them during the series too.

In-game betting is a beautiful thing.

Raptors won't go down without a fight.

PorkChop

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger_deux View Post
    I'm thinking this goes to 7 games, hoping to pound Heat in Game 7 (as they'll be the dogs) but I still put 1 unit on the series price. Probably will chase them during the series too.

In-game betting is a beautiful thing.

Raptors won't go down without a fight.

Get them now at the better price, instead of "Waiting for a Game 7."

+145 is a gift.

BOL

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Heat should win but these guys can get their own shot? Josh Richardson, Justice Winslow, Amare Stoudemire. Also who knows if Stoudemire and Green even play a minute in this series. McRoberts, Haslem, and Johnson are better players.

PorkChop

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Heat should win but these guys can get their own shot? Josh Richardson, Justice Winslow, Amare Stoudemire. Also who knows if Stoudemire and Green even play a minute in this series. McRoberts, Haslem, and Johnson are better players.

Nothing to do with that unfortunately.

It's a business not a game. And its the NBA putting Dwayne Wade vs LeBron in the ECF. Nothing more, nothing less.

And no, it doesn't matter how hard Drake cheers in the front row

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Rumors say that Bosh is pressuring the club to return this series.

But guys, I just can't understand why the heat are underdogs? Everybody except Canadians are on the Heat

lakerboy

Heat are dogs cause they don't match up with the raps. Also raps have home court.

Raps vs cavs east final. Book it. Script. Lol. The same script that had spurs vs nets in the finals before.

PorkChop

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Heat are dogs cause they don't match up with the raps. Also raps have home court.

Raps vs cavs east final. Book it. Script. Lol. The same script that had spurs vs nets in the finals before.

Think your missing this one here laker.

You really think the NBA would prefer a Toronto vs Cleveland, rather than Dwayne Wade vs LeBron ECF.

Your smarter than this.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Think your missing this one here laker.

You really think the NBA would prefer a Toronto vs Cleveland, rather than Dwayne Wade vs LeBron ECF.

Your smarter than this.
    Nba doesn't get what they prefer. They get what the players make happen. Remember that lakers /magic final? They wanted james vs kobe.

Good luck porkchop. I like your posts pal but you are biting here on a vegas bait line.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Heat probably win the series, but I like Toronto in game 1.

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nba doesn't get what they prefer. They get what the players make happen. Remember that lakers /magic final? They wanted james vs kobe.

Good luck porkchop. I like your posts pal but you are biting here on a vegas bait line.
    Agreed. NBA doesn't always get what they want. The Clippers and Warriors are one of the only real rivalries left in the NBA. The league would have made MILLIONS more if they got that western conference finals matchup last year. Clips had a 3-1 lead against Houston, if the NBA got what they want always, they would have helped Clips get 1 more win. Nobody wanted to see the Rockets get crushed by GS last year.

People love to talk about the "script" like it's a real thing.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper View Post
    Agreed. NBA doesn't always get what they want. The Clippers and Warriors are one of the only real rivalries left in the NBA. The league would have made MILLIONS more if they got that western conference finals matchup last year. Clips had a 3-1 lead against Houston, if the NBA got what they want always, they would have helped Clips get 1 more win. Nobody wanted to see the Rockets get crushed by GS last year.

People love to talk about the "script" like it's a real thing.
    Clips/Dubs is a rivalry?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Good Luck you know i will be on the Raptors. Im trying to figure out how much.
    Dont lose it all back.

12 Last