slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

MLB: Baseball star walks away from $13 million after row about brining his son

MLB: Baseball star walks away from $13 million after row about brining his son to training

Adam LaRoche of the Chicago White Sox sprang a surprise on the world of Major League Baseball earlier this week when he announced his retirement.

Initially, LaRoche declined to discuss the reasons, saying only that it was a “personal” matter. But a day later, a Fox Sports reporter lifted the lid on what had happened – and revealed an extraordinary step taken by a father to stick with his family, no matter what the cost. For several years, LaRoche had brought his son, Drake, to training with him.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/esp...0055--spt.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LT Profits

GotGreek
    GotGreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11721

The owner is right cant bring your kids to work with you, where do you draw the line, it wasnt once in a while it was every game. Also a major league clubhouse is not a place for a young kid and if i was on the team and i had to censor myself because this old fart brings his dumb kid with him everywhere he goes id be pissed off too.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by GotGreek View Post
    The owner is right cant bring your kids to work with you, where do you draw the line, it wasnt once in a while it was every game. Also a major league clubhouse is not a place for a young kid and if i was on the team and i had to censor myself because this old fart brings his dumb kid with him everywhere he goes id be pissed off too.
    couldn't agree more..it is one thing when it's once in awhile but not all the time

Idiot giving up 13 million after barely hitting over the Mendoza line last year

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

At first glance White Sox look like complete assholes but apparently this kid is at the ballpark everyday.....Shouldn't he be in fuking school? Everyday is a little over the top and agree here. I think it's good to allow the kids to be apart of something special like this. Big on family also. Just seems LaRoche was over the top on this

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good move White Soxs

Get rid of this loser

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Adam Laroche is a star?

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

He'll certainly regret this some day.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Adam Laroche is a star?
    no he isn't... team is better without him

megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

Williams should get part of the $13 million saved as a bonus!

LaRoche a washed up old idiot who royally focked the team with his sorry performance last year! Must be one of those dreaded helicopter parents. Good riddance & well played Mr. Williams!

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

the kid is permanently damaged by this sheltering and overprotection. larouche should be charged with child abuse. no wonder he played for so many teams. wasn't that good either.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

While I agree with the owner , guess you need to remember Laroche made more in 1 year than most will in 30 to 40 years working like an average person .
    So he , if any sense at all , isn't worried about money.
    Guess that's why he's done .

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    the kid is permanently damaged by this sheltering and overprotection. larouche should be charged with child abuse. no wonder he played for so many teams. wasn't that good either.

I agree

JERKOFF Father

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

At 14 yrs old the kid should be smart enough to tell his dad to play and he'll stay home. I wouldn't let my dad lose $13 million to protect my feelings. Make the money and then buy me a Ferrari when i turn 16, i'll be fine.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brooks85, ATLIEN6, Kermit, and SBRMAN23

jjgold

Laughing stock now

White Soxs win

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16749

Lolz the Laroches not big on school

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

White Sox organization did what they felt they had to do, and LaRoche did likewise. These guys make a lot of money, but there is still a big sacrifice in not seeing your kid every day like normal fathers get to. Nothing wrong with doing it when past organizations allowed it. Teammates didn't seem to have a problem with it, and if they were perennial playoff invitees, I believe this would have not been an issue. Hard to instill a sense of urgency when its more like a father-son outing than a professional environment.

jjgold

Loser Father of the year

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    White Sox organization did what they felt they had to do, and LaRoche did likewise. These guys make a lot of money, but there is still a big sacrifice in not seeing your kid every day like normal fathers get to. Nothing wrong with doing it when past organizations allowed it. Teammates didn't seem to have a problem with it, and if they were perennial playoff invitees, I believe this would have not been an issue. Hard to instill a sense of urgency when its more like a father-son outing than a professional environment.
    Teammates just didn't admit publicly they had a problem with it but I know they had to. Most of these are young guys with no kids so they don't want them hanging around. The white sox organization is 100% in the right of what they asked.

This is professional baseball...not father son baseball day out.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Thread title is incorrect. He is not a star. I've never heard of this guy until yesterday.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

- $13 mil is a big deal to us brokedikks, but not to somebody who has made as much as LaRoche has. He also has businesses outside of baseball. They aint missing that money. Some people can do more than just play sports believe it or not.

- I'd bet a lot that when LaRoche signed with the White Sox that he made sure it was okay for his kid to be around all the time. Some clubs are okay with it, some aren't, so I'm pretty sure he knew if the Sox did or didn't. So not really his fault there if that's true, and why wouldn't it be?

- Media's fault for leaking the reason and ruining that kid. Schilling just said this happens more than you think in baseball, and we're just hearing about it now? Not cool, but not surprising. The media sucks.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I didn't even realize that he played for the White Sox. He must have now played for 1/2 of the teams in the majors. I also can't believe that he is getting paid that kind of money. Is that the salary that the average players are getting paid these days?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    At 14 yrs old the kid should be smart enough to tell his dad to play and he'll stay home. I wouldn't let my dad lose $13 million to protect my feelings. Make the money and then buy me a Ferrari when i turn 16, i'll be fine.
    No kidding. I really didn't get to know my dad until I was my 20's because he was always working.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

They are on 6 hours of sleep

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    They are on 6 hours of sleep
    Who? The LaRoches?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Who? The LaRoches?
    Sorry wrong thread

Wichita players

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by GotGreek View Post
    i'm sure the big red machine would disagree with you.griffey.rose, perez and mostteam brought kids with them

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nothing wrong with bringing kids to the ballpark. Everyone needs to introduce their son to chewing and spitting tobacco and cussing and drinking that goes in the dugout and clubhouse at an early age.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Shouldn't he be in fuking school?
    Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    Lolz the Laroches not big on school
    It says in the article the kid is home schooled.

It's probably LaRoche's wife's fault though. I bet she sends the kid to work with his Father to make sure LaRoche isn't banging any groupies on the side.

Anyways, Fuk him, he quit.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Should have stayed with the Braves.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Wow, Chris Sale just went after Williams publicly. He must have amajor bone to pick.

Shouldnt these guys focus on getting ready to play? maybe that's why they suck ass yeAR after year

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Absolutely...

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    It says in the article the kid is home schooled.

It's probably LaRoche's wife's fault though. I bet she sends the kid to work with his Father to make sure LaRoche isn't banging any groupies on the side.

Anyways, Fuk him, he quit.

Breadloser
    Big Bear
    Breadloser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

My takeaway is that the White Sox are an awful organization. They've been underwhelming for a long long time. Have failed miserably in developing young position players, horrible free agent signings.

jjgold

Loser family

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

You don't take your kid to work every day. A few of the other players had to say something. A lot of things are said in that locker room that 16 year kids shouldn't hear. THINK ABOUT YOUR WORK PLACE

12 Last