lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Warriors in a tough spot tonight

Traveling all over the place. Tonight they come into Atlanta going against a hawks team that has been slapped around a couple of times at home lately.

Hawks have some nice value here especially in the first half as they should come out fired up.

Warriors are not going to cover the numbers in the 2nd hf of the season.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This is good analysis. I like the angle.

And yes, agreed on the second half. This road trip they're on will be a struggle.

lakerboy

Wizzle why does pinny have all road team totals juiced up tonight except boston?

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

El Oh El. Lakerman on a whole notha level here "hawks should come out fired up".

You refuse to learn. Dubs will surely have some struggles on this trip but not this game.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    El Oh El. Lakerman on a whole notha level here "hawks should come out fired up".

You refuse to learn. Dubs will surely have some struggles on this trip but not this game.
    No I learned the other night against the clippers. Bad spot here for the warriors.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jump on that money line tonight meaning the best available price on the dog

lakerboy

Which games will they struggle in tat?

tatddy

The only thing underpriced in this game is the dubs ml. Should be -390. But take the value in the Hawks. You might get "lucky" like that Clippers game.

t-wizzle

The only thing underpriced in this game is the dubs ml. Should be -390. But take the value in the Hawks. You might get "lucky" like that Clippers game.
    Were the Blazers lucky? They won by 34 I think.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Were the Blazers lucky? They won by 34 I think.
    Do the Hawks shoot well? Why do you guys keep bringing up games irrelevant to today's matchup? I didn't like that spot in Port for the dubs. Blazers shot through the roof and played an amazing game.

Hawks can't make enough shots to keep pace. Regardless of who is out for Dubs.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wizzle why does pinny have all road team totals juiced up tonight except boston?
    Not sure bro I haven't been watching team totals at pinny much this year. What are you thinking?

lakerboy

Not sure bro I haven't been watching team totals at pinny much this year. What are you thinking?
    Road teams all lose.

t-wizzle

Do the Hawks shoot well? Why do you guys keep bringing up games irrelevant to today's matchup? I didn't like that spot in Port for the dubs. Blazers shot through the roof and played an amazing game.

Hawks can't make enough shots to keep pace. Regardless of who is out for Dubs.
    Not so sure shooting the lights out is the only recipe to give Golden State trouble. Memphis isn't a good shooting team but they gave them a tough time in that series.

GSW is great. We know this. The season is a grind and it's a night by night league. I don't think it's crazy to think the Warriors could be hitting a tough stretch right now.

lakerboy

Warriors are showing signs of slowing down.

tatddy

OK if you dont wanna talk about shooting how have the Hawks fared recently against teams that push the pace?

I get why LB likes it. Vegas is laying a soft line on GS here. Save the attempt at capping human motivation though. It's not what you do, LB.

t-wizzle

OK if you dont wanna talk about shooting how have the Hawks fared recently against teams that push the pace?

I get why LB likes it. Vegas is laying a soft line on GS here. Save the attempt at capping human motivation though. It's not what you do, LB.
    I don't know. Last time they played a good shooting team was when they won in Portland.

At the end of the day it all boils down to one of two things.

1. Are Curry/Thompson having an off night?
    2. Is the opposing team effectively disrupting Curry/Thompson especially with regards to how they defend them running off screens.

Number 1 is obviously a total crapshoot but if you believe they are slowing down from the grind of the season, travel, and being on a road trip then it's a legitimate angle.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

weasel and LB on same play? might as well mortgage the house

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Barnes can't guard Millsap

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    weasel and LB on same play? might as well mortgage the house
    I didn't take the game yet but either contribute something worthwhile or GTFO clown.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Barnes can't guard Millsap
    Goat give me your thoughts on Draymond Green as a player.

Goat Milk

Goat give me your thoughts on Draymond Green as a player.
    Very good all around player. Can do pretty much everything. But he still has limitations offensively. Putting him in the MVP discussion is a joke imo. This is not a guy that can be a number 1 option on any team. He has limited moves. He doesn't create his own shot often. Anyone that's an mvp candidate has to be a star, number 1 option, guy that can put a team on his back every single night. Curry and Thompson create so much space for Green to operate because you have to show on them every time they come off a screen. That gives Green wide open lanes to the basket, open shots, or just him getting several dimes a game just by giving a little pass to curry of thompson on off screens. or curry will dribble off a high pick throw it to draymon and then he throws it in the corner to barnes who is pretty much automatic from there for a jumper. and barnes is open because you have to use 2 guys basically to guard curry off a high pick. then barnes man comes over to help on green, and barnes is wide open.

Very very good player but definitely overrated imo. Definitely not better than Blake Griffin or Aldridge or Love or some of the premier guys. In the Warriors system though, he appears to be a better player than those guys to the average fan/spectator.

jjgold

If you got +280 it was a tremendous play

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Traveling all over the place. Tonight they come into Atlanta going against a hawks team that has been slapped around a couple of times at home lately.

Hawks have some nice value here especially in the first half as they should come out fired up.

Warriors are not going to cover the numbers in the 2nd hf of the season.
    kind of agree.. Warriors used up a lot of juice winning by huge margins early in season..
    now they are chasing a ghost called "most ever"

chasing records is dangerous..

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sure but it's a losing bet.

t-wizzle

Very good all around player. Can do pretty much everything. But he still has limitations offensively. Putting him in the MVP discussion is a joke imo. This is not a guy that can be a number 1 option on any team. He has limited moves. He doesn't create his own shot often. Anyone that's an mvp candidate has to be a star, number 1 option, guy that can put a team on his back every single night. Curry and Thompson create so much space for Green to operate because you have to show on them every time they come off a screen. That gives Green wide open lanes to the basket, open shots, or just him getting several dimes a game just by giving a little pass to curry of thompson on off screens. or curry will dribble off a high pick throw it to draymon and then he throws it in the corner to barnes who is pretty much automatic from there for a jumper. and barnes is open because you have to use 2 guys basically to guard curry off a high pick. then barnes man comes over to help on green, and barnes is wide open.

Very very good player but definitely overrated imo. Definitely not better than Blake Griffin or Aldridge or Love or some of the premier guys. In the Warriors system though, he appears to be a better player than those guys to the average fan/spectator.
    Totally agree. I think it's funny when he drives by a guy and scores and nobody realizes it's because the defender was playing off him helping on Curry/Thompson.

The reason I asked was because ESPN had him as a top 5 player in the league to build around. Truly comical stuff.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I got +265 and +7.5. +196 for first half.

ATLIEN6
    ATLIEN6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

I just don't see the Hawks winning here, covering....it's a possibility. SU Winning...farfetched.

lakerboy

Sure but it's a losing bet.
    Most likely but if game is within 3 points in last minute I would rather have +280 then -320.

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

UNDER/underdog

tatddy

Most likely but if game is within 3 points in last minute I would rather have +280 then -320.
    Lakerboy I'm not hating on this single game but just the sheer volume of Dubs fades on the ml this year. As in sheer volume I mean more than 2. Add up all the money you've spent on fading Dubs ML end of year and, unless you hit a big chase late, you'll be down.

Just stick to spreads.

jjgold

I got +265 and +7.5. +196 for first half.
    not bad..your number +EV

Goat Milk

Totally agree. I think it's funny when he drives by a guy and scores and nobody realizes it's because the defender was playing off him helping on Curry/Thompson.

The reason I asked was because ESPN had him as a top 5 player in the league to build around. Truly comical stuff.
    Top 5 player to build around? LOL. That's why those people work in the media. They can't see beyond the obvious. Green is the ultimate team player, and can pretty much be the "glue" for any roster, in almost any system. But ask him to score 25 a night for you on an offensively challenged team like the 76ers. Ask him to take a last second shot, 1 on 1 iso for you, to win the game. Ask him to get the ball in the post and draw double teams ala guys like Shaq, Dwight, Aldridge or Amare Stoudemire in their primes. No one will double team draymond green in the post because he won't go through you, he won't blow by you, he won't get you up in the air with a pump fake, he can't shoot over the top. He'll take a high percentage shot...that's about it. Any guy that doesn't require a double team or all eyes to be on him at some point in the game is not a top 5 player to build around plain and simple.

t-wizzle

Top 5 player to build around? LOL. That's why those people work in the media. They can't see beyond the obvious. Green is the ultimate team player, and can pretty much be the "glue" for any roster, in almost any system. But ask him to score 25 a night for you on an offensively challenged team like the 76ers. Ask him to take a last second shot, 1 on 1 iso for you, to win the game. Ask him to get the ball in the post and draw double teams ala guys like Shaq, Dwight, Aldridge or Amare Stoudemire in their primes. No one will double team draymond green in the post because he won't go through you, he won't blow by you, he won't get you up in the air with a pump fake, he can't shoot over the top. He'll take a high percentage shot...that's about it. Any guy that doesn't require a double team or all eyes to be on him at some point in the game is not a top 5 player to build around plain and simple.
    He can't create his own shot. He does a lot of great things for Golden State and he's in the perfect situation. Guys like Zach Lowe think every team needs a Draymond Green. Every team could use a guy like him but not every team has the best guard combo in the league.

Green was wise to stay put and not go to Detroit.

Goat Milk

He can't create his own shot. He does a lot of great things for Golden State and he's in the perfect situation. Guys like Zach Lowe think every team needs a Draymond Green. Every team could use a guy like him but not every team has the best guard combo in the league.

Green was wise to stay put and not go to Detroit.
    Yeah. Curry and Thompson is just such a lethal combination. Those two guys running around all game causes so much chaos for your defense.

You really have to try and shrink the court if you want to beat the warriors. You need long guys that can shrink passing lanes, make the court look small, and limit your options. And then on the other end, you really have to punish them physically. I don't think the Hawks are disciplined enough defensively to beat the warriors. They're too small, too fragile. But it's only 1 game, a lot depends on factors other than matchups, because this isn't playoffs.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I didn't take the game yet but either contribute something worthwhile or GTFO clown.
    not my fault you are the worst capper on SBR

123 Last