1. #36
    BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 48,473
    Betpoints: 24717

    Astros won the CureAngelamn tourney.

    Guy can do what ever he wants in my book.


    Oh... And yes, bring back the 10am est daily tourney.

  2. #37
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Sammy I do not play poker

    Send me some pies on weekend

  3. #38
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 3,583
    Betpoints: 4689

    Omaha all week!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves, and Lex_icon

  4. #39
    sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-10
    Posts: 2,698
    Betpoints: 350

    Thank you sbr for the high roller tournament, i will not be able to play tonight , but for sure i will be paying it in the future.
    tonight i casino night,
    thanks again

  5. #40
    Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-21-09
    Posts: 3,820
    Betpoints: 6312

    I want to see a Sunday tournament. I work Saturdays so I don't have a reason to give an opinion. I'm fine with how Sunday tournament was before.

  6. #41
    astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-07
    Posts: 4,843
    Betpoints: 30

    Love the high roller.. love tournaments where we start with more chips, really allows other styles of play to do well beyond aggressive players.

    Glad it's back

  7. #42
    zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-02-11
    Posts: 279
    Betpoints: 4392

    I loved the rebuy-tourney on sunday as it was - but starting one hour earlier would be nice.



  8. #43
    Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 5,308

    High roller? If this counts towards yearly leaderboard, I can see bobbywaves sponsoring 5-6 players each week to play.

    And maybe dump the chips 'to the leader' who will have a better chance to beat sniper this way.

  9. #44
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,893
    Betpoints: 49723

    Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    High roller? If this counts towards yearly leaderboard, I can see bobbywaves sponsoring 5-6 players each week to play.

    And maybe dump the chips 'to the leader' who will have a better chance to beat sniper this way.
    weekend tournies have never counted for the leaderboard in the past....

  10. #45
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,893
    Betpoints: 49723

    Quote Originally Posted by zwoeins View Post
    I loved the rebuy-tourney on sunday as it was - but starting one hour earlier would be nice.
    agreed, I loved that tourney

  11. #46
    bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-08
    Posts: 13,288

    Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    High roller? If this counts towards yearly leaderboard, I can see bobbywaves sponsoring 5-6 players each week to play.

    And maybe dump the chips 'to the leader' who will have a better chance to beat sniper this way.
    If high roller counted towards leaderboard, I would be playing in it myself dipshit.

    I sponsor 5-6 players & throw away 500-600pts? I dump chips to beat Mr.Sniper, who didn't even play in last nights high roller?

    Wulfy is that you? Perhaps Rudy was onto something here, as you're both ignorant & have the same broke dikk characteristics.

  12. #47
    HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-09
    Posts: 1,197
    Betpoints: 5089

    I haven't been on SBR in awhile and now I see there is SBR Poker. May have to check this out...

  13. #48
    Auto Donk
    biden is an incestuous pedo!!!
    Auto Donk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-03-13
    Posts: 43,166
    Betpoints: 204

    Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    What kind of format would you like to see for Weekend Tournaments?
    same hi roller formats that we used to have on sat/sun

  14. #49
    Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 5,308

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    If high roller counted towards leaderboard, I would be playing in it myself dipshit.

    I sponsor 5-6 players & throw away 500-600pts? I dump chips to beat Mr.Sniper, who didn't even play in last nights high roller?

    Wulfy is that you? Perhaps Rudy was onto something here, as you're both ignorant & have the same broke dikk characteristics.
    Chill, bobby. It's just a game. I figured if sniper cheats you would just get back at him. Fire with fire.

  15. #50
    klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-14
    Posts: 3,583
    Betpoints: 4689

    Make the rounds longer, it becomes an all-in fest way too early

  16. #51
    astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-07
    Posts: 4,843
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Make the rounds longer, it becomes an all-in fest way too early
    That's why the high roller tournament is better. Same length of rounds but start with 2500, allows you to play poker instead of having to push/fold if you don't get a nice hand in the first 30-40 minutes.

    No coincidence I do MUUUUUCH better in the high roller tournament than the turbos.

  17. #52
    bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-08
    Posts: 13,288

    Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Chill, bobby. It's just a game. I figured if sniper cheats you would just get back at him. Fire with fire.
    It hasn't been proven that Sniper cheated.

    And even if it was proven he cheated, I wouldn't stoop to that level.

  18. #53
    astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-07
    Posts: 4,843
    Betpoints: 30

    So what's the word on this? High roller has been back for 3 weeks now but still no Sunday tournament

  19. #54
    Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-11
    Posts: 669
    Betpoints: 42

    Break on the :55 like every other real poker site.

  20. #55
    sammygran
    sammygran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-13
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 16946

    Sunday re-buy a must.

  21. #56
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,893
    Betpoints: 49723

    Quote Originally Posted by sammygran View Post
    Sunday re-buy a must.

  22. #57
    Auto Donk
    biden is an incestuous pedo!!!
    Auto Donk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-03-13
    Posts: 43,166
    Betpoints: 204

    how about a format with no fukkin' doom switch you fukkin pricks????

    how about a format where my f'n 80-20 or better favorite hand when all the chips go in holds up at least three times per month instead of fukkin zero times per fukkin year???

    how about ....... ahhh... fuk it

  23. #58
    astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-07
    Posts: 4,843
    Betpoints: 30

    And back to no tournament this weekend either. 2 weeks in a row.

    What's the point of asking people what they want then get rid of them after 3 weeks.



    It's really simple. Make a 100+10 high roller for Saturday and a 20+2 rebuy on Sunday. That's all that needs to be done. No need to mess with it again, if there is a make up tournament in the future just run both.

    Not difficult to understand.

  24. #59
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,893
    Betpoints: 49723

    Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    And back to no tournament this weekend either. 2 weeks in a row.

    What's the point of asking people what they want then get rid of them after 3 weeks.



    It's really simple. Make a 100+10 high roller for Saturday and a 20+2 rebuy on Sunday. That's all that needs to be done. No need to mess with it again, if there is a make up tournament in the future just run both.

    Not difficult to understand.

  25. #60
    ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-24-07
    Posts: 6,714
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    And back to no tournament this weekend either. 2 weeks in a row.

    What's the point of asking people what they want then get rid of them after 3 weeks.



    It's really simple. Make a 100+10 high roller for Saturday and a 20+2 rebuy on Sunday. That's all that needs to be done. No need to mess with it again, if there is a make up tournament in the future just run both.

    Not difficult to understand.

    I have to mostly agree with this. I hate being critical of SBR given everything they do in this regard is basically for free for the players, and we could very easily be given absolutely 0 instead. But that said, if you are going to take a survey about something and ask for suggestions and then the very thing you are asking for suggestions about, you choose to not even run at all - hard to not be frustrated as a player by that.

  26. #61
    spider
    spider's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 05-21-11
    Posts: 11,378
    Betpoints: 21998

    I think the problem was that there wasn't good enough turnouts for the two weekend tourneys that ran a few weeks ago.
    however in my opinion, the critical mistake made was that they were scheduled at 11pm
    ET.

    this led to low turnouts (17 first week - 22 second week),
    this time slot does not serve the east coast, a lot of people have other plans on a saturday night, it does not serve the world players because it's like 4 or 5 or 6 am, and even on the west coast 8 pm saturday night is questionable.

    last year the saturday high roller was at 5pm ET and the sunday re-buy was at 6pm ET.
    both these time slots covered all the players, as it was early enough for the US east & west coast, and also covered the rest with a 10/11/12 pm slot.

  27. #62
    astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-07
    Posts: 4,843
    Betpoints: 30

    Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    I think the problem was that there wasn't good enough turnouts for the two weekend tourneys that ran a few weeks ago.
    however in my opinion, the critical mistake made was that they were scheduled at 11pm
    ET.

    this led to low turnouts (17 first week - 22 second week),
    this time slot does not serve the east coast, a lot of people have other plans on a saturday night, it does not serve the world players because it's like 4 or 5 or 6 am, and even on the west coast 8 pm saturday night is questionable.

    last year the saturday high roller was at 5pm ET and the sunday re-buy was at 6pm ET.
    both these time slots covered all the players, as it was early enough for the US east & west coast, and also covered the rest with a 10/11/12 pm slot.
    The first high roller wasn't too busy, but it also hadn't ran in months. The last one had 22 or 23 people in it. Pretty solid turnout for 110 buyin.

    That said, looks like they set the high roller back up and it starts at 10 again. Thanks SBR!

  28. #63
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,893
    Betpoints: 49723

    rebuy tourney today would be nice

    at home most of the day today doing fantasy draft, laundry etc etc

  29. #64
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,718
    Betpoints: 138

    How about a tourney where you turn off the rigging button. One that is fair to all players. This will fix the low turnaround on weekends. Most players have lost faith in the software hence they don't show up to play.

  30. #65
    astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-15-07
    Posts: 4,843
    Betpoints: 30

    So.. are we never going to get a tournament on Sunday again?

    You guys tested out the rebuy function 2 weeks ago (and it worked) yet still no rebuy tournament.

    Can we expect one by June or July? Again, I've never made a tournament but I'm assuming it probably takes less than 60 seconds to do. Click a few buttons, give it a name, choose what type, and BAM.

    Does SBR really care so little about poker that they can't even take a minute to do something they asked everyone about over a month ago?

  31. #66
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,718
    Betpoints: 138

    They care a lot Astro. You will get a response in a month. Till then try your luck at SBR Casino where Dreams Come True!

  32. #67
    mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-24-09
    Posts: 10,780
    Betpoints: 5108

    How about we go with a low roller and and a high roller for Saturday tourneys? We could keep the 100pt buy in, but add a 50 pt buy in. This would increase the turnout and offer another option.

    Also, I totally agree with most of you on here, we need to bring back the Sunday re-buy tourney. A lot of us really liked playing it and with added points, made for some decent payouts. We could increase the rebuys by 10 pts or so, making the payouts a bit sweeter.

    I really like the charity tournaments we do on occasion, how about we do one a month? We could rotate our favorite SBR Charities, ie.. Angelman Foundation, Doctor Without Borders, Red Cross, etc, and make a monthly donation of all entry points.

  33. #68
    EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-19-09
    Posts: 15,333
    Betpoints: 203

    Sunday Rebuy Tournament PLEASE !!!

  34. #69
    oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-18-09
    Posts: 2,973
    Betpoints: 3334

    Yeah sunday funday rebuy tourney would be nice before and after nfl season

  35. #70
    sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-21-07
    Posts: 12,615
    Betpoints: 8467

    sunday -rebuy

First 123 Last
Top