Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

I hear what you're saying Josh...McGregor does look bigger and slightly taller than RDA...no doubt about it, but so did Cerrone

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I hear what you're saying Josh...McGregor does look bigger and slightly taller than RDA...no doubt about it, but so did Cerrone
    I bet rda in that fight, posted here in this forum. Rda was a terrible matchup for cerrone, that aggressive forward pressure style vs someone that is a slow starter...mcgregor is the opps of cerrone, he is a fast starter, and is one of the best counter strikers in the ufc, I'm hard pressed to think of one better. A fighter like edgar that has similar stand up to mcgregor is a tougher matchup for mcgregor, rda isn't elusive, he's wild sloppy and moving forward constantly, he is tailor made to lose against Connors style, for comparison it's similar to anderson silva, the guys that went after him made him look better, the ones that didn't were able to live a little longer and make kind of boring fights, the thing is mcgregor uses pressure but he uses it for a means to counter, someone that stays in the phone booth with him is gonna have a bad night. Rda is riding high in confidents with his striking and he's always had a solid chin, but that confidents And willingness to stand is what will be his downfall in this fight, pride comes before the fall. It won't be as easy to take mcgregor down as people think, he took Holloway down who has great takedown defense while injuried, he was able to get up and defend takedowns against mendes while injured, and while at a lower weight class looking horrible st weign ins, drained...rda will not push him into a corner like he did cowboy and pettis, it just won't happen.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 02-06-16 at 01:40 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Good analysis Josh

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Anderson Silva was a master counter striker in his prime much like Conor McGregor is now, but he got a guy like Chris Weidman that came forward, walked him down and pressured to KO wins.. RDA is the same as he will come forward, use a wide variety of striking and probably look to take McMouth down..

I think RDA has a very good chance of winning this fight... RDA is a beast right now and has more ways to win..

JoshKnows46

Good analysis Josh
    Cerrone is better than pettis with lateral movement, but something that they both have in common is that they need space to work, they both need their opps to kind of respect there striking offenss, rda payed them no respect, and that is why he looked so dominate, his style is built to beat those guys, guys like kabib or el cucuy woulf make rda look silly, mcgregor doesn't need space to work.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Anderson Silva was a master counter striker in his prime much like Conor McGregor is now, but he got a guy like Chris Weidman that came forward, walked him down and pressured to KO wins.. RDA is the same as he will come forward, use a wide variety of striking and probably look to take McMouth down..

I think RDA has a very good chance of winning this fight... RDA is a beast right now and has more ways to win..
    I don't believe wiedman beat anderson as much as father time beat anderson, he's chin had always been great, but wiedman landed a punch he didn't see coming, and he broke his leg in the other fight. Rdas striking isn't as polished as wiedmans is, wiedmans striking has always been undervalued, unlike rda, wiedman also matched reach with anderson and weidman wrestling is more threatening, while rda needs to work more from the clinch and punch his way in, wiedman has pure wrestling similar to chad mendes. this goes back to my previous point about taking pettis down, not being impressive, we saw a striker in eddie alverez implement the same gameplan against pettis, in hindsight, rda isn't very impressive, but he is a top 5 lightwieght, however, not on the level on el cucuy, mcgregor or kabib.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 02-06-16 at 01:58 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    I don't believe wiedman beat anderson as much as father time beat anderson, he's chin had always been great, but wiedman landed a punch he didn't see coming, and he broke his leg in the other fight. Rdas striking isn't as polished as wiedmans is, wiedmans striking has always been undervalued, unlike rda, wiedman also matched reach with anderson and weidman wrestling is more threatening, while rda needs to work more from the clinch and punch his way in, wiedman has pure wrestling similar to chad mendes. this goes back to my previous point about taking pettis down, not being impressive, we saw a striker in eddie alverez implement the same gameplan against pettis, in hindsight, rda isn't very impressive, but he is a top 5 lightwieght, however, not on the level on el cucuy, mcgregor or kabib.
    I get what you're saying Josh but what good is counter striking when your on your back?

McGregor was almost beat by Chad Mendes recently.. Chad is an average fighter too in my opinion.. If Chad had a decent training camp leading up to that fight I don't even think we would be talking about this fight right now with McGregor..

RDA is a huge step up in competition and at a higher weight class.. We will see Josh? I don't think RDA will charge in with his chin up like Aldo just did either.. RDA will be patient and look to break down McGregor with kicks first then either clinch or shoot in for the take down...

I think he'll get it too.. McGregor looked content just laying on his back against Mini Mendes and that was in the first round when he was fresh.. He couldn't get back up to his feet period against Mendes.... McGregor's weakness is clearly on the ground and that's how you beat him..

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I get what you're saying Josh but what good is counter striking when your on your back?

McGregor was almost beat by Chad Mendes recently.. Chad is an average fighter too in my opinion.. If Chad had a decent training camp leading up to that fight I don't even think we would be talking about this fight right now with McGregor..

RDA is a huge step up in competition and at a higher weight class.. We will see Josh? I don't think RDA will charge in with his chin up like Aldo just did either.. RDA will be patient and look to break down McGregor with kicks first then either clinch or shoot in for the take down...

I think he'll get it too.. McGregor looked content just laying on his back against Mini Mendes and that was in the first round when he was fresh.. He couldn't get back up to his feet period against Mendes.... McGregor's weakness is clearly on the ground and that's how you beat him..
    Bum knee, top wrestler, put in his guard, butchered him from the bottom like he Said he would, got up easily and buttered him on the feet like he said he would. Knocked him out in 2nd round like he said he would. McGregor doesn't have a weakness, he has weaker strengths, this isn't a step up from aldo or mendes, this is a step up for rda from pettis and cowboy.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Edited due to banking info being in post

It showed my balance at $8.42, slightly embarrassing
    He's a liar, he didn't send any money to my paypal.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Apparently kraken isn't broke and was only joking.

Josh, I'm not lying. You never did what I told you to do.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    I'll give you a $10,000 if you can explain how this is a terrible match-up for rda. I'll give you 10 bucks if you even know what the term "match-up" even means.
    Yes i did do what you asked, i told you why this is a terrible matchup.
    I saved you from losing money on this fight.

A matchup in this context is a comparison of people based on skill of fighting.

reigle9

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Yes i did do what you asked, i told you why this is a terrible matchup.
    I saved you from losing money on this fight.

A matchup in this context is a comparison of people based on skill of fighting.
    But it didn't make sense. I'll send $10 to the first person that sends me a pm just for the lolz (you need a paypal).

Crazy kid, i never got a pm from you either.

JoshKnows46

But it didn't make sense. I'll send $10 to the first person that sends me a pm just for the lolz (you need a paypal).

Crazy kid, i never got a pm from you either.
    It did make sense, read this thread entirely again slowly, I can't help your reading comprehension man, read slowly is all I can say. My paypal is JoshKnows46@yahoo.com, and I posted it earlier in this thread. I want my 10,000 u owe me, don't reneg now. Send 100 and we'll call it even.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 02-06-16 at 03:49 PM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Josh, RDA wins pal

I don't know how else to say it

I'll be popping him at +$ for a limit bet

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Josh, RDA wins pal

I don't know how else to say it

I'll be popping him at +$ for a limit bet

Your wrong, but good luck bud.. I have no problem with anyone betting against what I bet, it doesn't affect my bottom dollar, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make em drink.

reigle9

Josh, you never proved your point. Kraken never sent me anything, I assume he doesn't care.

New line. 20 to you if you can convince kraken to take 10.

JoshKnows46

Josh, you never proved your point. Kraken never sent me anything, I assume he doesn't care.

New line. 20 to you if you can convince kraken to take 10.
    whatever dude, point was proven, go fukin color on yourself....

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

RDA...haven't locked my bet yet...but I'll be taking him

JoshKnows46

Close first round, I gave it To alex.

First 12