Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Good stuff

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

My metrics indicate that the books are, consistent with my original analysis, selling Denver at this point. I expect to see more action come in on Denver than Carolina through the rest of today and into tomorrow.

I still think the Denver moneyline is the bigger risk here but I will admit that there is a reason the books are able to steer money, because sharp analysts will react.

Once I took Carolina -4, I had hoped to see more and more reasons to get Denver. In a sense, I was looking for the market to talk me out of the play.

Like I said earlier…

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    ...Of course, such a strong indication on the Carolina moneyline would make the contrarian in me look at Denver.

It seems like all I’ve been doing finding reasons to by Denver at this point. How does that usually work out?...
    I’m still seeing reasons, within the marketplace, to take not only Denver, but the moneyline. A settlement here could be that Carolina wins and Denver covers; a 3 point Carolina win would take out all Carolina backers as well as the Denver moneyline players.

If that’s the case, this would not only be an entertaining game but would be a reasonable and natural settlement in the marketplace.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Agree. Denver is the play here. Spread and ml

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm actually thinking that line is going to hit 4.5 at on point.

Between now and tomorrow a lot of information can still be gathered from the markets but I sure "feels" like an upset is brewing.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It is 4.5 now

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It is 4.5 now
    I meant across the board.

Same as earlier, only 4.5 in very few places, many houses still holding 5 and 5.5. They are holding for more of that Denver money from the unsophisticated public.

Houses like Pinny are ahead of the curve a little and don't need to bother with a number like 5 because of some types of players they attract.

Some houses still offering 6, and have for days, making up for the early line they had to absorb.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

kvb whats your backround bud

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

31 on denvers defense, will happen more often than not?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    31 on denvers defense, will happen more often than not?
    The short answer is yes.

In my opinion, the toughest defense Carolina has played was Seattle. I had Seattle at the time of the game nearly a touchdown tougher than Denver is today. While Carolina scored 31 points against Seattle, there was a defensive TD and a field goal off of turnovers.

Carolina improved when they faced Arizona, a defense that I had for that game just 1 point worse than Denver is today. In that game, Carolina essentially destroyed the defense. They scored 49 points on sustained drives.

In the previous two games Carolina was playing what I considered tougher defenses than their own defense. Like I said before, I have the two defenses today playing essentially the same ball while the offense is the difference maker.

While Denver’s defense has been consistent and strong, they haven’t really done anything too unexpected these playoffs. They have held team to just slightly less than I figured they would.

If that’s the case today, then Carolina is held to some 27 or 28 points instead of 31.

It is worth noting that I have a much bolder projection of 51 points as opposed to nearly the entire space at 45 points.

In fact, with the recent line movement on the Total and the discount vig, I have countered those groups and the public seeking a lower scoring game and picked up OVER 43.5 (-105) for Carolina Panthers vs. Denver Broncos.

Good Luck.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    kvb whats your backround bud
    Studied psychology, worked in finance, investment banking and networking. I've been involved with the sports markets for a long time. After discovering a few key elements of these markets, I never looked back.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Over 43 -120 is my biggest sb bet. GL to us or whoever is going with the over.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

KVB I'm gonna tail you here on this over 43.5

Best of luck

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

I'm on it too, but with denver ml Hoping for the manning sunset scenario

KVB