seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Which way do the Conference finals lines move by Sunday??? Up or down

Both games are sitting on +-3. Which goes up?? Which goes down??? I want to get Panthers at -2 or -2.5 and Patriots at -2 or -1.5. Will the lines go in that direction????

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar BARRELED IN @ SBR!

Panthers will go down and Patriots too

beantown_boss16
    beantown_boss16's Avatar SBR Rookie

Panthers will go up .5 patriots will go up .5

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The money has to come in on Peyton and Palmer. I'm surprised at the line for both games. 3 means both teams are even in the case of AZ/Car, but I don't see how the Patriots should be a road favorite over the Broncos based on their play the last 7 games they have played. Broncos shouldn't be a favorite either considering Peyton poor play and lack of playing time the last 7-8 weeks. I guess the books did the best that they could

beantown_boss16

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    The money has to come in on Peyton and Palmer. I'm surprised at the line for both games. 3 means both teams are even in the case of AZ/Car, but I don't see how the Patriots should be a road favorite over the Broncos based on their play the last 7 games they have played. Broncos shouldn't be a favorite either considering Peyton poor play and lack of playing time the last 7-8 weeks. I guess the books did the best that they could
    Patriots had a ton of injuries..they are healthier now. Palmer looked like garbage against green bay...had green bay won the toss in ot arizona would not be playing this week....will be carolina -3.5 and new england -3.5 very soon.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by beantown_boss16 View Post
    Patriots had a ton of injuries..they are healthier now. Palmer looked like garbage against green bay...had green bay won the toss in ot arizona would not be playing this week....will be carolina -3.5 and new england -3.5 very soon.
    Everybody had a ton of injuries coming down the stretch, the patriots just played poorer with their injuries. Pittsburgh played without AB, Deangelo and a hurt Big Ben, no levean bell. Arizona lost CJ, honey badger, and their best tight end, Panthers played with Stewart, Olsen, Tillman, Broncos were without Peyton etc. The patriots played the worst of all of those teams coming into he playoffs

beantown_boss16

They had no offensive line you are mentioning skill positions....patriots had the whole line hurt in addition to edelman, amendola, and gronk...

beantown_boss16

Not to mention chung, mccourtey, hightower, and collins missed time on defense.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

Bet the MLs and don't worry about spread moving up or down.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator

The money has to come in on Peyton and Palmer.
    You would think, especially Denver.

Defense wins these games more times than not, and the last time i checked, depending on what metrics you use, Broncos were the NFL's best.
    They were the only team in the NFL to keep opponents under 200 yards passing on the average per game, and it was next to impossible to run on them, not that New England is winning this game on the ground.
    If Denver rushes four (be selective when blitzing though, Brady gets the ball to Edelman in heartbeat) plays that deep nickle defense, or whatever they label it.

Another thing, if you want to use the week 12 game as an example, Bronco pass defense kept Brady under 50 percent when passing inside the numbers (middle of field) and many consider Brady the greatest ever passing inside the numbers.

But everything I just brought up is a moot point if Manning has rust on him and can't produce points like he used to, but know this I'm more confident with CJ Anderson and Hillman running the ball then I am with Steven Jackson, and last time I checked Thomas and Sanders are pro-bowl quality receivers and don't sleep on Owen Daniels.

I neither like nor dislike both teams, looking at it level headed, how can you not like the home underdog in this spot.
    How important is home field? Well, Brady us only 2 and 6 in that building.

Home team getting points in a 50/50 contest is where my money is going.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

The sharps already took den and zona +3.5.

The juice is changing hands now.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar SBR MVP

I jumped on Arizona +3.5 during the third quarter of the Seattle/Carolina game. Couldn't believe that was a real line. Thought this game would be closer to pk. Definitely don't see that line jumping back up.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

Both games are sitting on +-3. Which goes up?? Which goes down??? I want to get Panthers at -2 or -2.5 and Patriots at -2 or -1.5. Will the lines go in that direction????
    no way you'll be able to get 2 or 1.5 for NE.. you could assume SOME bucks will come in on Denver but you know joes are about to pound brady. the line should fluctuate, i would just keep a close eye on it GL seaborne

squarenfl
    squarenfl's Avatar SBR High Roller

i dont think it goes anywhere.. the moment books move it to 3.5 or 2.5 they will get huge money going other way and will have to move it back. i think it stays put until gametime

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR Aristocracy

usually they go down a fraction

although these two might just sit

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

So far no line movement even though the money is coming in on Patriots and Panthers

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar SBR Posting Legend

New England is now -3 1/2 at the MGM/Mirage shops.