ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

A serious question regarding college hoops. Crooked or not?

Okay, has any other college basketball gambler sensed this is a great possibility.? I do and I saw some unbelievable differences with first half performances, than the second half performances. Shocking sometimes, especially this one that stands out and like to have ruined me from ever betting college baskets again. What member can relate to this?

2 weeks ago or so, Rider went to Maryland to play the Terps. Maryland was a 19 point favorite and ranked somewhere in 4th to 6 th, nationally. Rider, I don't believe make the top 25? Yeah, right!
    Well, like 95% of bettors on that sucktion game, I bit on that turtle. Uh, Rider, jumps out to a 3 point lead from the get-go and that should have been a clue to maybe doomsday was lying just ahead. So, if I recall, before long, Rider was ahead [Little fuzzy memory], like 15/6, something like that, and I'm thinking, gee, who the *ell is Rider and they was be really tough and underrated? So, the usual keeps going, with Rider by 5, I believe at the half.

Now, here come the sweetened baited hook. Maryland starts at a 9 or 9 1/2 spread for the second half, so, again, like those unfortunate 95% above, I chopped on the that sweet bait, now, though, at a 11 1/2 spread. And jumped into the frying pan once again, when it went to 12 1/2.
    This is easy money and --we-- will recover my fat loss on Maryland -that fat 19. All we buddy-suckers have to do, is score 12 or 13 more points in the second half as does [who?] Rider. This one of those chances like many sharp gamblers see once in a blue moon--tear that hated bookie to screeds when the opportunity knocks, and that door was knocking with a deafening thud-thud-thud!

Well, guess what, low-Rider didn't hear that resounding knock at the door, caus', they showed that proof right after the second half started. Did I get a paranoid thought, instantly [you bet!] that several Terps had just finished phoning home to Cuz Leroy and bought a chuck-wagon full of that fat +12 1/2 second half spread.

Rider scores the FIRST 12 second half points! You know the miserably sad ending by now, especially if you've "been here before." The Terp's managed to win by 5 I think? Whatever it was, I am positive it didn't even cover that initial 9 1/2 point spread. Was it a 1/2 short? My, my. And, yes, Rider's strength was severely estimated inaccurately--whatever it was previously?
    Rider? Oh, now they are currently cellar-dwelling in the MAAC. with a 1/6 record. And those shrewd Terp bettors--the second have ones--must have partied throughout the night after pulling off that victory.
    Now, tell me your sad story?

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Yep

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone that thinks sports is rigged should not be gambling anymore

It's possible from time to time a pointspread with a few players could be a scheme but rare

Jowframs

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

It's possible from time to time a pointspread with a few players could be a scheme but rare
    Why not gamble anymore??....Just got a be on the right side of the fix
    Wake up everything is corrupt

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Absolutely rigged. But mostly small schools only, as players on major programs are under the microscope and wouldn't risk their future NBA salaries.

But yes, it's been proven many times. USC, Boston College... Just off the top of my head have been caught shaving points.

Henry Hill (yes, the guy from Goodfellas) did a great 30 for 30 on ESPN about how he and his mob guys fixed numerous BC games and made a killing.

Jowframs

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

You need to get a clue
    You are too close minded

Jowframs

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Absolutely rigged. But mostly small schools only, as players on major programs are under the microscope and wouldn't risk their future NBA salaries.

But yes, it's been proven many times. USC, Boston College... Just off the top of my head have been caught shaving points.

Henry Hill (yes, the guy from Goodfellas) did a great 30 for 30 on ESPN about how he and his mob guys fixed numerous BC games and made a killing.
    Absolutely

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

i think something happened with the toledo basketball team awhile back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jowframs View Post
    You need to get a clue
    You are too close minded

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i think something happened with the toledo basketball team awhile back.
    Yes and the Toledo football team was implicated as well.

Boston College, Tulane, CCNY, Arizona State, Northwestern are other schools that have had basketball point shaving scandals.

If anyone thinks that a dumbazz broke college jock from da hood who thinks he is being "exploited" by the University (Jesse Jackson told them so) is above reproach is delusional. Lay $3000 untraceable cash on the table for them and nothing needs to be said. Happens more often than you hear about.
    Last edited by Isaiah; 12-04-15 at 11:23 PM.