Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    why is that? why so angry? I think it has to do greatly with the bs news they listen to and right wing talk shows. these assholes, for money, get these low IQ, badly educated white guys crazy mad. they buy into crap that is almost always not true, half true or distorted in some way or another.
    That's part of it. People who are prone to outrage know how to outrage their fellow humans prone to outrage. Emotions are physical reactions created by how your brain works.

Studies also show that righties are less receptive to new situations whereas lefties are open to new situations.

Once you start introducing ideas to people, their juices start to flow and the biology does the rest.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    That's part of it. People who are prone to outrage know how to outrage their fellow humans prone to outrage. Emotions are physical reactions created by how your brain works.

Studies also show that righties are less receptive to new situations whereas lefties are open to new situations.

Once you start introducing ideas to people, their juices start to flow and the biology does the rest.

I firmly believe it is just a matter of time until this entire country turns away from crazy reactionary R politics and becomes a moderate, left leaning republic. Has to happen, all the demographics and other facts lead to that conclusion. A big step in that direction is this next election and control of the SC. We will see.

Buffalo Nickle

I firmly believe it is just a matter of time until this entire country turns away from crazy reactionary R politics and becomes a moderate, left leaning republic. Has to happen, all the demographics and other facts lead to that conclusion. A big step in that direction is this next election and control of the SC. We will see.
    No way. People live for this stuff. It is part of their identity. The only thing that will change is economic collapse and even that will probably not do much.

Demographics are not that much against Rs. Hispanics are very conservative and they could own that voting block. They will eventually embrace it out of necessity,

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Because God, that's why.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

No way. People live for this stuff. It is part of their identity. The only thing that will change is economic collapse and even that will probably not do much.

Demographics are not that much against Rs. Hispanics are very conservative and they could own that voting block. They will eventually embrace it out of necessity,

I agree many do but I also think that voting block is declining.

And many hispanics are conservative but if the conservatives in the R party don't want them well that makes the choice easy. In fact, just a few days ago a group of conservative hispanics made that point very clear, that is keep up this crap and we will not be there for you.

I think we will disagree on this point.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Well in the past you actually had candidates who didn't follow the party line verbatim. It was possible to find someone from either party who you might find acceptable. Now everyone is afraid to step out of the party line, so if you have a particular leaning, only one party will provide it.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Well in the past you actually had candidates who didn't follow the party line verbatim. It was possible to find someone from either party who you might find acceptable. Now everyone is afraid to step out of the party line, so if you have a particular leaning, only one party will provide it.

Absolutely

Conservatives of the past were basically reasonable and interested in making politics work. RR, Nixon, Ford almost all of them negotiated and worked with the D's. How has that worked lately. I think out of necessity the R will need to come to the middle, it might take time but I think it has to happen because they cannot become more rigid and more conservative as the country so obviously is traveling in the other direction. Now lets hope that happens and pray that Buffalo is wrong and we don't suffer through a total economic collapse.

But, naturally this is just my opinion and anything can happen.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I don't need any science to tell the difference, just observance.

Well groomed with side ways parted hair usually a Republican. In the factory workplace, a lazy person who cozies
    up to the boss, stabs his co workers in the back, bitches all the time, is a loud mouth, won't help anyone and emotional, is usually a Repub. Love of money and power is another trait.

A hard worker who doesn't bitch how hard he's working, helps others and has a go with the flo attitude is usually
    a Dem.

Now the fun part. Blacks for the most part are usually like Repubs in every aspect. Love of money, emotional and
    opportunistic, yet will vote for those who give them the goodies....Dems.

It wasn't that long ago the parties switched. It was the Dems who were the prejudice party and the Repubs
    were for the common man. How it got switched around, IDK.

I live my life conservatively, but want my govt liberal and progressive. Why? I want the money I give the govt
    working for the good of all, as it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by rkelly110; 11-11-15 at 09:06 PM.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

Well groomed with side ways parted hair usually a Republican. In the factory workplace, a lazy person who cozies
    up to the boss, stabs his co workers in the back, bitches all the time, is a loud mouth, won't help anyone and emotional, is usually a Repub. Love of money and power is another trait.

A hard worker who doesn't bitch how hard he's working, helps others and has a go with the flo attitude is usually
    a Dem.

Now the fun part. Blacks for the most part are usually like Repubs in every aspect. Love of money, emotional and

It wasn't that long ago the parties switched. It was the Dems who were the prejudice party and the Repubs

I live my life conservatively, but want my govt liberal and progressive. Why? I want the money I give the govt
    I don't think you can say blacks vote for Dems because they get goodies. Rs despise blacks and have used them as sock puppets for decades. They would be insane to vote for them. It's the same with Hispanics and now every minority group. They know who Rs want to take the country back from.

It got switched around when Johnson voted for civil rights and lost the south for a generation as he predicted. He lost it for a lot more than that. Blacks voted for Rs until Truman did a lot of integration with WWII including deseging the military to some degree and requiring hiring of blacks for defense work which is why so many blacks moved to Detroit and Chicago.

There are clearly some differences between Rs and Ds. But it's pretty remarkable that simply looking at a picture can give a 90% accuracy rate on how a person voted.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 11-11-15 at 10:42 PM.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

So enslaving black people on a plantation is comparable to what today?
    Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    as far as why republicans do it, simple: they're bigoted idiots who ejaculate over the the rights rhetoric on blacks, illegals, gays, etc.

they are so blinded by their own bigotry that they can't help but vote against their economic interests.

good news is: bernie is reaching out to these morons (in a much more palatable way than i do) and explaining the realities to them.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    how political parties are able to predetermine election winners through a process called gerrymandering.
    2014 congressional election in Michigan

1,466,749 votes - 9 seats won
    1,519,030 votes - 5 seats won

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

You're a non pro betting sb r points stfu you broke penetrate
    more white-trash hillbillies taking handouts than blacks.

100k in my box and i fire dimes on FB games. how bout you?

i buy my weed in bulk (fill up a mason jar once a month... best weed in town). your dumbass probably doesn't even smoke - and if you did - you probably buy lil homo sacks.

i have the title to my car i paid cash for. how bout you?

how many acres of land do you own?

TheSchafe

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

People are lazy and not very smart as a whole.....Also insecure

Very easy to just go along with a party and be part of the group for the sheep

Both parties have really turned many of us moderates or independents off and it's only getting worse....I like guys like Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, and Ron Paul even though I don't agree with everything they all stand for. Guys with a backbone who use common sense for their views instead of the same old political garbage that helps nobody in the end.

I like Chris Christie for the most part but I can't look past his strict views against marijuana....I smoke maybe a few times a year but anyone that wants to keep weed illegal is automatically a moron in my book. Says to me you just don't get it

TheSchafe

Bernie is by far the best candidate of all parties. I was kind of happy when Rand Paul decided to run but he destroyed his chances on like day 3 of his campaign...sucks.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

80% of the voters don't cross the line in their voting.
    People want to belong to something ( a group) so they can feel important; the problem with that is that they start believing, and without thought, that their group can do no wrong, and that if they 2nd guess an idea then everything about their group might be wrong. So to counter the process of thought and really understanding an idea, they react with a group (the squeaky wheels) because it makes them believe even more in their group, and that is all they want: to be apart of something.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave eidolon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

simple tribalism i'd say.
    It's hard to admit this, but scumbag is righ...

Scumbag is ri....

Scumbag is rig...h...t on this.

Smother
    Smother's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Allot of it has to do with programming. White kids that grow up in the sticks are taught that Democrats are lazy they are going to take their guns. Black kids grow up in the Hood are taught that Republicans are for the rich and that the system treats them unfairly. White kids need to realize that Republicans could give two shits about Jesus, they use it to pander to them. Black kids need to wake up and realize that every penetrating Hood in the country is run by Democrats and has been for years. Americans have been fooled by the biggest con in human history. The two party system.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

a Dem.

Excellent observations Kelly.

The switch came after the Civil Rights laws, before those laws the solid south was predominately D and had huge pockets of prejudice. Many of those same people opposed all civil rights legislation so they rebelled against the Johnson administration (D) and in huge numbers became R's. In fact, I believe it was Johnson himself who said after signing these laws something like...well we just lost the south. Now keep in mind this is a generalization but it is basically correct. The bigots in this country started out as D's because they abandoned the R party during the time of Lincoln. Naturally they were not too happy with Lincoln and his policies and Lincoln was an R. They switched again during the time of Johnson.

There is much more nuance to the story but basically the above is what happened, that is how these parties grew and grew apart. Obviously we have many D that are still racist, and we have many many R who carry none or almost no racism. You must keep that in mind too, however if you find a blatant racist great chance he is also an R.
    Last edited by dante1; 11-12-15 at 09:35 AM.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

a Dem.

Where do you come up with this nonsense? It's laughable the things you say just because you hate republicans.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    how political parties are able to predetermine election winners through a process called gerrymandering.

dwight, this is interesting. so are you opposed to gerrymandering? that surprises me what exactly do you oppose here?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Dwight you do know you found something again, that is basically not what you believe. At least I think so, maybe I am confused, explain this post to us please. What exactly are you attempting to say here. Use your own words. How about answering this time and without a dancing cartoon, or any other nonsense. I really want to hear what you think about this subject.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

dwight, you always reply in seconds. ask a question and you become extremely quiet.

no trick this time dwight, promise. I will not ridicule your answer at all in any way, simply want to hear your views on this subject. I want to make a point and the point has nothing to do with ridicule. You have my word. Answer the question.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

a Dem.

want to know how rkelly is lying?

Just wait for him to post.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    want to know how rkelly is lying?

Just wait for him to post.

really mr brooks, I have found kelly to be credible and he doesn't agree with me always. you get a feel about people and I would trust kelly, yep I feel he is honorable and trustworthy. I would't say it if I didn't believe it.

brooks85

really mr brooks, I have found kelly to be credible and he doesn't agree with me always. you get a feel about people and I would trust kelly, yep I feel he is honorable and trustworthy. I would't say it if I didn't believe it.
    if your ego wasn't so strong you'd step back and realize you fail every time you do this.

Yeah, the guy who has admitted to being a "sheep" who "toes strict party lines" and "often doesn't know what he is talking about." And that isn't even the best part. The same guy who made up term "my truths" to justify his beliefs... Now that is just funny and sad at the same time.

I guess that is the caveat. He might not be "lying" since he is just pulling "my truths" from his ass. imo if you know you don't know but still say you do it might as well be a lie. The guy is a frequent liar and one of the biggest hypocrites you'll ever come across. I can tell ya all about that too.

But you have found him to be credible... lol

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

my ego.

at least my friend when asked to defend a position I believe I can formulate a position. you on the other hand, a far right crazy republican cannot for the life of you defend what you supposedly believe. so what you say about my ego is your opinion, correct? what I say about you is factual. that is the difference mr brooks. I always deal with facts and when it is my opinion I make it very clear. Now you have some extremely right wing opinions but when asked to defend your beliefs you cannot.

I still remember those 6 or 7 questions you left unanswered. I can repeat them again if you now feel qualified. Simple questions mr brooks, I really can't understand why you such a great mind are unable to answer even one.

Yes, my feelings about kelly remain. I have a great talent in judging people, he is real. And sorry to say mr brooks you are a little bit fake, how many times need I prove that.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

dwight, I gave you my word and you will not answer the question. no tricks, this is your chance to explain something in your own words without any chance at all of being ridiculed. what is the problem now, what more must I say? why won't you go into detail about this subject. I cannot understand you guys, such rigid belief but no explanation--ever.

last chance dwight, no ridicule how often do you get a chance like that.

brooks85

my ego.

at least my friend when asked to defend a position I believe I can formulate a position. you on the other hand, a far right crazy republican cannot for the life of you defend what you supposedly believe. so what you say about my ego is your opinion, correct? what I say about you is factual. that is the difference mr brooks. I always deal with facts and when it is my opinion I make it very clear. Now you have some extremely right wing opinions but when asked to defend your beliefs you cannot.

I still remember those 6 or 7 questions you left unanswered. I can repeat them again if you now feel qualified. Simple questions mr brooks, I really can't understand why you such a great mind are unable to answer even one.

Yes, my feelings about kelly remain. I have a great talent in judging people, he is real. And sorry to say mr brooks you are a little bit fake, how many times need I prove that.

lol

good for you guys, you can fight the good fight against math and logic together.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Because God, that's why.
    This pretty much sums it up.

The problem is America allows so many people from all over the world to live here, hence many come to this country expecting handouts freebies and bring a non Biblical life style with them.

No other country will provide for you if you go live there.
    Yes this country is changing.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol

good for you guys, you can fight the good fight against math and logic together.

I think the logic question between you and I has been settled about a half dozen times in fact. Math, don't know how that "calculates" into the discussion at all. Really, you come up with sentences that seem to mean something but when actually scrutinized they mean nothing. Explain the math part please, explain when we had a math problem or is that discussion simply in your imagination. Math??? really? As usual mr brooks you argue but make no sense.

btw, still waiting for that one victory on a settled issue by the conservative argument. Hint, you really can find one if you try. I grant you it isn't bullet proof but anyone with a half brain can make a convincing argument. You are an extreme right wing guy, I am asking a simple question and that question is defend your political philosophy by presenting an argument which finds the conservative side winning a settled issue in American history.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

dwight, this is interesting. so are you opposed to gerrymandering? that surprises me what exactly do you oppose here?
    I posted this and the other video in response to another poster quoting Twain ...

If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it.
    --Mark Twain

Of course I am opposed to gerrymandering.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Where do you come up with this nonsense? It's laughable the things you say just because you hate republicans.
    Experience. How many of those traits do you have?

First 123 Last