jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ACC suspends officials for 2 games after Miami-Duke ending

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — The Atlantic Coast Conference threw some penalty flags of its own Sunday, suspending the officiating crew that worked the Miami-Duke game for two league contests after finding they committed "a series of errors" that allowed the Hurricanes to score a wild last-play touchdown and pull out a win.

Per league rule, the outcome — Miami 30, Duke 27 — cannot be overturned.The ACC said the crew committed four errors on that play, the most grievous being not seeing Miami running back Mark Walton's knee was down as he threw one of the eight laterals the Hurricanes used on their desperate kickoff return. If that was noticed, Duke would have prevailed since no time was left on the clock.

"At the end of the day, we got the win," Miami's Corn Elder, who took the final lateral 91 yards for the winning score, said Sunday after the Hurricanes returned from Duke. "So no matter what they say, we won. That's all that matters."

dfish
    Sea Pines
    dfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Duke had a shot at the ACC Coastal, suspend them for life .

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

FKKIN` Zebras. WAY too many times they are critical to the outcome.Sucks.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

They ruined not a game, but an entire season for a university. They should be blackballed

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

Four errors?? Wow

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

absurd they can't change the ruling.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it is a disgrace

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Should be suspended for way more than 2 games.

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

The ACC is a joke. They only mention the final play, but what about the rest of that game and all the other blown calls? Why not call out the Duke drive before with the multiple bogus pi calls and that duke td where the qb didn't even cross the goal line! Not to mention the absurd lopsided penalty discrepancy. The ACC clearly had duke favored to win the division and they're pissed.

The Miami twitter account response is priceless!

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

what were the other 3 errors though. Both teams are irrevelant though

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

Look at how many calls get changed with replay in MLB & NFL. A lot! Maybe it is not possible to correctly officiate these games without replay. If there would have been replay on that lateralpalooza the greivous errors would have been corrected. What if would have been the national championship game???

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Look at how many calls get changed with replay in MLB & NFL. A lot! Maybe it is not possible to correctly officiate these games without replay. If there would have been replay on that lateralpalooza the greivous errors would have been corrected. What if would have been the national championship game???

They already screwed us over in one of those. See 2002.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17324

what is the exact job of the review official???that's the guy who should most definately be suspended.

Jasper8
    Jasper8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

how much did those two refs make by fixing this game?

tatom21
    tatom21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Guys I'm a hurricane fan so i watched this game. Duke should have never even been in this game. Miami whipped them all over the field. I think we had the most penalties called on us ever. The drive that Duke took the lead had 3 pi called on it. The biggest bs one was were Artie Burns had a pick 6 called back that would have ended that game. Please don't think Miami got gifted a win by the reffs it's just untrue those reffs were horrible all game.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by tatom21 View Post
    Guys I'm a hurricane fan so i watched this game. Duke should have never even been in this game. Miami whipped them all over the field. I think we had the most penalties called on us ever. The drive that Duke took the lead had 3 pi called on it. The biggest bs one was were Artie Burns had a pick 6 called back that would have ended that game. Please don't think Miami got gifted a win by the reffs it's just untrue those reffs were horrible all game.
    Exactly. Miami was the better team all game long...refs were horrid all game. Glad that ending at least happened so it wasn't swept under the rug like every other hosing that takes place every Saturday.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    what were the other 3 errors though. Both teams are irrevelant though
    For one, I think penalties are not reviewable. So once ref threw flag for block in the back, I don't think that was allowed to be overturned by replay whether it was a bad call or not.

tatom21
    tatom21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    For one, I think penalties are not reviewable. So once ref threw flag for block in the back, I don't think that was allowed to be overturned by replay whether it was a bad call or not.
    That i didn't understand at all. Also from what im told the replay guys look at totally different views than whats broadcasted. Also how was hurns not down at the 25 his knee looked down to me. Just crazy shit glad i didn't have money on that. I already took a bs beating with the lions seahawks game i had 500 on lions -3 and 500 on lions -5 that night i never went to sleep.

runwithit
    Update your status
    runwithit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Should have been suspended the rest of the year and have to go in for training.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

How about a full game review on the college basketball championship, stop whining dumb devils,

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

FINALLY

Good to see refs get punished for a slew of terrible calls, and blowing an obvious replay. Does...not...happen...enough!

And the previous posters are right, don't cry for Duke. They should have never been in it.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It was a historic play.

I would've pulled a Stevie Wonder, too.