upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Like I said, number 8 hitter in baseball matters just as much as the number 3 hitter they get the same amount of bats. They get the same amount of bats.

That's just too many positions for me to ignore.
    UNREAL!!
    Can't make this UP, it's right there in print

Pretty much confirms what everybody here already knows.....that u shouldn't be on a forum talking baseball. That's like saying the role playing power forward matters just as much as the superstar best player on the team because they get the same amount of minutes.

Do you seriously not understand why the #3 hitter gets more AB's than the #8 hitter in 7 out of 10 games??

Seriously, do yourself a favor & just stop. Get off this forum immediately & take the other clueless wonder "Ratzz" with you.

roundcake
    roundcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

We all know playoffs are about starting pitching and timely hitting.. mets have had both every game so far... if KC wins they sure will have earned it.. looking forward to a great series

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    UNREAL!!
    Can't make this UP, it's right there in print

Pretty much confirms what everybody here already knows.....that u shouldn't be on a forum talking baseball. That's like saying the role playing power forward matters just as much as the superstar best player on the team because they get the same amount of minutes.

Do you seriously not understand why the #3 hitter gets more AB's than the #8 hitter in 7 out of 10 games??

Seriously, do yourself a favor & just stop. Get off this forum immediately & take the other clueless wonder "Ratzz" with you.

Number 3 hitter might get 1 more at bat then number 8 hitter. might. and in baseball, you don't get to touch the ball every play like you do in basketball. why do you think superstars in baseball can't win rings on their own, but can in basketball?

yeah, i know nothing. that's why i'm like 8/8 last 8 mlb posted threads including huge dogs of +250.

Never question me.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    He also said Harvey, DeGrom, AND Syndegaard will walk lots of batters. Despite them being the best in baseball at not issuing walks.

This would be like saying "I don't like the Patriots next week because I don't trust Belichick's game planning."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trendon

Goat Milk

the number 3 hitter in baseball rarely even wins world series mvp.....

everyone in baseball in the lineup has the same chance to perform. if your lineup is top heavy like the mets, you're going to struggle scoring runs some games.

it's common sense.

does the number 3 hitter get to bat every play?

on some occassions, if the lineup is so weak behind him, he might get intentionally walked, giving him even less at bats than a number 8 hitter.

you have no clue what you're saying.

every position in the lineup in baseball is equivalent. that's what the royals philosophy is built on.

that's why they have a number 8 and 9 hitter that can rival most teams' 4 and 5 hitters....

most teams put their worst hitters at 8 and 9....

the royals don't operate that way.

it's all strategy. having balance in the lineup.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    He also said Harvey, DeGrom, AND Syndegaard will walk lots of batters. Despite them being the best in baseball at not issuing walks.

This would be like saying "I don't like the Patriots next week because I don't trust Belichick's game planning."
    I did say they would walk batters. Because a) they're young. b) the royals are the best hitting lineup in baseball by far. c) the royals are the smartest team in baseball.

we have yet to see if they will walk batters. we'll find out.

will you come back here when the royals win and say good call if my analysis is correct?

doubtful.

upscope

If the #8 hitter means the same as the # 3 hitter then why does every manager in the game hit their best hitter third?? Maybe they should take your advice & hit their best hitter #8 & their worst hitter #3.
    Do you realize that #3 hitters getting an xtra AB per game 7 of 10 times is 130 more AB's per season?? Ever checked stats to see what the best hitters in the world are capable of over 130 ab's?? That's 1/4 of a seasons ab's/ that's 10+ hr's & 30+ RBI's for the best hitters in the world.

Your ignorant post prove u know nothing about baseball. No clue what #3 hitters mean to a team. Number 3 hitters effect the way teams pitch to #1, #2, #4, #5 & #6 hitters. How disruptive they can be to a pitching staff. Pitchers start using strategy 4 hitters or more in advance to avoid #3 hitters in tough spots. The do the exact opposite & begin using strategy 3 hitters in advance to actually get to pitch to #8 hitters.

To say the #8 hitter matters just as much as the #3 hitter is a sign of ignorance about the game.....period!!

upscope

that's why they have a number 8 and 9 hitter that can rival most teams' 4 and 5 hitters....

most teams put their worst hitters at 8 and 9....

the royals don't operate that way.
    Umm yea they do....Rios is the Royals worst hitter & it's not even close. He has suckked for two yrs now. I can only laugh at u suggesting that Alex Rios could rival most teams #4 and 5 hitters. Truly clueless.

You obv don't follow baseball or you would know that Rios is washed UP. Since you're obv going off of name recognition of yrs past let me help you from further embarrassment. Rios is not an offensive upgrade from Aoki like u previously suggested. He's not an all-star caliber player like you also previously suggested & he's also not anywhere near the hitter Lucas Duda is like you also suggested in this very thread.
    In reality Alex Rios is a well past his prime weak link to this Royals offense. He hit 4 hr's this season & barely cracked 30 rbi's. Last season was arguably worse. Hitting in the Arlington bandbox he managed 4 more homers in nearly 500 AB's.....He's averaging 4 hr's & 40 rbi's over last 2 seasons spanning nearly 1k in AB's......And you're prancing around this forum repeatedly telling people he is an all-star caliber player capable of hitting clean UP for most teams.
    SMH!!

Stop trying to act as if you know the game of baseball when it's clear to everybody here that you don't. It's embarrassing.
    I'm trying to do you a favor man.

Goat Milk

We're talking about a world series, not reg season.

how many more at bats in the world series will hosmer get than alex gordon? maybe 4?

that ain't shit.

everyone has to produce. everyone.

you'd rather have lucas duda over alex rios in a best of 7 world series?

that's funny.

go ahead and bet the mets and i'll keep riding my hot streak

i don't know a lot about baseball. it's true. but i am one of few who picked royals to win the world series when playoffs started. documented on this site. thanks.

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

We're talking about a world series, not reg season.

how many more at bats in the world series will hosmer get than alex gordon? maybe 4?

that ain't shit.

everyone has to produce. everyone.

you'd rather have lucas duda over alex rios in a best of 7 world series?

that's funny.

go ahead and bet the mets and i'll keep riding my hot streak

i don't know a lot about baseball. it's true. but i am one of few who picked royals to win the world series when playoffs started. documented on this site. thanks.
    Meanwhile LT profits knows a ton about baseball and likes the Mets...hmmmm I wonder why he would do that....

Goat Milk

$2,000 on the ROYALS -105

$50 on Lorenzo Cain to win world series MVP +1800
    $40 on Alex Gordon to win world series MVP +3500

This is by far the biggest bet I've ever made on baseball. I'm up huge past 3 weeks and can afford to take a shot here. But I don't see much risk in it to be honest. The Royals are on a mission and the Mets are still celebrating their arrival. Royals are a veteran cold-blooded team that values each and every at bat from 1 to 9. They don't strike out. You can't fool them. Their pitching is good enough to win. Volquez will be solid. Cueto will be solid. Ventura will be solid. And the bullpen is lights out. Not to mention the Royals defense is unreal. Mets hitters are not consistent enough to beat the Royals 4 times.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Will be a good series and I am leaning royals too...no series bet as I am fortunate to have made two futures wagers prior to the playoffs--Mets and royals. The mets have a nice rotation for sure, but the Cubs hitters are the best possible matchup for the mets rotation--long swings looking for home runs and they strikeout at an insane clip. The royals are the exact opposite...shorter swings, disciplined at the plate, and they do all of the small things right. Rotation is not the greatest, but the mets offense is not either--cubs gave up 4 or more runs in every playoff game but one.

Royals in 6

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

I'm with you on this call big.KC plays small ball and finds ways to get on base,advance and score. There fast And fearless. KC in 7.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Best of luck

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

bookmaker has a 5k limit on the spread, that's weak shit. this is the world series I thought they took huge bets

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Will be a good series and I am leaning royals too...no series bet as I am fortunate to have made two futures wagers prior to the playoffs--Mets and royals. The mets have a nice rotation for sure, but the Cubs hitters are the best possible matchup for the mets rotation--long swings looking for home runs and they strikeout at an insane clip. The royals are the exact opposite...shorter swings, disciplined at the plate, and they do all of the small things right. Rotation is not the greatest, but the mets offense is not either--cubs gave up 4 or more runs in every playoff game but one.

Royals in 6
    uh what? the royals are a bunch of free swingers.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Guys focus on today, lots of money to be made, lets build our BR today and then pound the Royals, make the books hurt
    theres nothing you can do to make the books "hurt"

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mets have major pitching advantage

It's all you need to know

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

$2,000 on the ROYALS -105

$50 on Lorenzo Cain to win world series MVP +1800
    $40 on Alex Gordon to win world series MVP +3500

This is by far the biggest bet I've ever made on baseball. I'm up huge past 3 weeks and can afford to take a shot here. But I don't see much risk in it to be honest. The Royals are on a mission and the Mets are still celebrating their arrival. Royals are a veteran cold-blooded team that values each and every at bat from 1 to 9. They don't strike out. You can't fool them. Their pitching is good enough to win. Volquez will be solid. Cueto will be solid. Ventura will be solid. And the bullpen is lights out. Not to mention the Royals defense is unreal. Mets hitters are not consistent enough to beat the Royals 4 times.
    Last three NFL plays I have seen. Have been L's....Cards -10, Eagles +4 and Tampa ML....

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Last three NFL plays I have seen. Have been L's....Cards -10, Eagles +4 and Tampa ML....
    He said he's 8/8 last 8 mlb posted threads including huge dogs of +250.

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

So much talk about the Royals plate discipline, but they have one of the lowest BB rates and see the fewest number of pitchers per PA in the majors. They are great at making contact, but talk of them being one of the most disciplined teams at the plate seems misguided.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Going to be very entertaining , I am all over the Royals

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSedway View Post
    So much talk about the Royals plate discipline, but they have one of the lowest BB rates and see the fewest number of pitchers per PA in the majors. They are great at making contact, but talk of them being one of the most disciplined teams at the plate seems misguided.
    They also have the lowest strikeout rate in MLB (973). They're the only team to not strikeout 1000 times. Every other team is over 1100. I also hear they have the highest avg vs fastballs above 95mph. Gonna be interesting.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0k View Post

They also have the lowest strikeout rate in MLB (973). They're the only team to not strikeout 1000 times. Every other team is over 1100. I also hear they have the highest avg vs fastballs above 95mph. Gonna be interesting.
    But they've seen the 5th fewest 95 mph + fastballs in MLB so may regress to the mean when small sample size becomes average.

This series has me confused. Thought when playoffs started that this match up would be the best one but it's also tough to get a handle on. No doubt NY has a rotation stronger than anything we've seen since maybe the 90s ATL Braves but Royals seem determined and Volquez , Cueto , Ventura are getting short changed imo.

trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3681

the number 3 hitter in baseball rarely even wins world series mvp.....
    I rarely post but this statement is so goddamn stupid that I felt compelled to hit "reply."

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

plate discipline has been misinterpreted to meanthe total number of walks a team draws in a season. That would indicate, that the Cubs are the most disciplined team in baseball, as they drew the most walks--granted a number of them were intentional. They also K'd the most. When I refer to the Royals as a disciplined team at the plate, I am referring to their ability to execute Royal's style baseball---contact, hitting the other way, short swings, fouling off pitches with 2 strikes, and so forth. There is not a single metric that is going to define plate discipline accurately, but if you watch a ton of baseball you are able to see how the Royals' offensive is able to execute small ball at the plate, it represents a richer definition of plate discipline, even though they were near the bottom of the league in walks.

It's going to be a great series either way you look at it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoeSedway

MoeSedway

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    plate discipline has been misinterpreted to meanthe total number of walks a team draws in a season. That would indicate, that the Cubs are the most disciplined team in baseball, as they drew the most walks--granted a number of them were intentional. They also K'd the most. When I refer to the Royals as a disciplined team at the plate, I am referring to their ability to execute Royal's style baseball---contact, hitting the other way, short swings, fouling off pitches with 2 strikes, and so forth. There is not a single metric that is going to define plate discipline accurately, but if you watch a ton of baseball you are able to see how the Royals' offensive is able to execute small ball at the plate, it represents a richer definition of plate discipline, even though they were near the bottom of the league in walks.

It's going to be a great series either way you look at it.
    They are definitely successful at that Royals style of baseball, but they remain one of the freest swinging teams in the bigs. (Swing at a ton of pitches out of the zone) It will be interesting to see if their high contact rates actually result in HARD contact. Mets pitchers are especially adept at inducing weak contact when they aren't missing bats.

mikemca
    Update Status

Going with Mets for the series. Royals are relentless though when their backs are against the wall. Could see them falling behind 2 or even 3 games then still forcing game 7 where they fall behind 4 runs and get within 1 in 9th when they leave the bases loaded and lose.

Hard to see this not being a great series.

rpesi9955
    rpesi9955's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1441

This is definitely going to be a good one but KC just plays better ball period.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

KC is the only team in MLB this season to not strikeout more than 1000 times, impeccable plate discipline. Almost everyone on the KC roster has WS experience. KC has a way better bullpen and it's deep, they can go 4+ innings nightly if they need it. KC has better defense at almost every position including the most important ones, SS, 1B and the entire OF. D'Arnaud is exploitable on the base paths. The only advantage Mets have is SP. Games are won in the latter innings, especially in the playoffs and WS where it could be a 1 or 2 run game every night. I'm already questioning Collins and the series hasn't even begun. Why would you potentially pitch Harvey 3 times when he's the most vulnerable guy due to his pitch count? Why not deGrom game 1? As a baseball fan this sets up to be a great series. Power arms against a deep, contact lineup. Both have hitters that could get hot at any time with some pop. Both have great closers. If this doesn't go at least 6 we got ripped off as fans. Royals should win, all media hype is on Mets and the media always leads people to the slaughterhouse.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    all media hype is on Mets and the media always leads people to the slaughterhouse.
    Think you should look at all the "media" picks.

2 Espn "experts" picking Royals to every 1 for Mets. Something like 18 or 19 on Royals to 7 or 8 on Mets

4 CBS experts all on Royals

IMO even beside the picks the media is steering the view toward a Royal redemption.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Goat milk doesn't know anything about sports

He loves posting drivel about basketball baseball and tennis

Gems from this thread:

8 hitter as important as the 3 hitter

Hitters batting third don't win ws MVP

Rios is a great hitter

He gambled away what little money he had and is now homeless

Can't fix idiocy

MoeSedway

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    KC is the only team in MLB this season to not strikeout more than 1000 times, impeccable plate discipline. Almost everyone on the KC roster has WS experience. KC has a way better bullpen and it's deep, they can go 4+ innings nightly if they need it. KC has better defense at almost every position including the most important ones, SS, 1B and the entire OF. D'Arnaud is exploitable on the base paths. The only advantage Mets have is SP. Games are won in the latter innings, especially in the playoffs and WS where it could be a 1 or 2 run game every night. I'm already questioning Collins and the series hasn't even begun. Why would you potentially pitch Harvey 3 times when he's the most vulnerable guy due to his pitch count? Why not deGrom game 1? As a baseball fan this sets up to be a great series. Power arms against a deep, contact lineup. Both have hitters that could get hot at any time with some pop. Both have great closers. If this doesn't go at least 6 we got ripped off as fans. Royals should win, all media hype is on Mets and the media always leads people to the slaughterhouse.
    Harvey is scheduled to start 2 games in this series and MAY pitch out of the pen in game 7. The innings limit is in the past and has no effect on this series. deGrom has looked a bit fatigued and he's getting an extra day of rest. Lay off Terry before the series starts.

Harvey 1, 5
    deGrom 2, 6
    Syndergaard 3, 7
    Matz 4

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSedway View Post
    Harvey is scheduled to start 2 games in this series and MAY pitch out of the pen in game 7. The innings limit is in the past and has no effect on this series. deGrom has looked a bit fatigued and he's getting an extra day of rest. Lay off Terry before the series starts.

Harvey 1, 5
    deGrom 2, 6
    Syndergaard 3, 7
    Matz 4
    Collins is a terrible manager, his ineptitude is already paying dividends for KC. How about that chop job by Cespedes in CF in the 1st when the dude is a corner OF and should be played there especially since he's not 100%. Collins has a sub .500 career as a manager and should still be in the foreign leagues or the minors were he belongs. He's in his late 60's and has zero WS rings. This year was an anomaly cause you or anyone in this forum could've made the playoffs managing the staff that the Mets have right now. They would've easily won over 100 games with a competent skipper. My reference to Harvey pitching 3 times obviously assumes that the series goes 7 games and he comes in out of the pen.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Think you should look at all the "media" picks.

2 Espn "experts" picking Royals to every 1 for Mets. Something like 18 or 19 on Royals to 7 or 8 on Mets

4 CBS experts all on Royals

IMO even beside the picks the media is steering the view toward a Royal redemption.
    There's no such thing as an expert. The people you're referencing are nothing more than touts and propagandists. I listen to sports talk when I'm driving and 90% of the dialogue I've heard over the past week has been pro Mets winning this series. This is coming from outlets like ESPN, FOX and local channels.

First 123 Last