t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Goat Milk - are you picking the Spurs to win it all?

Let's talk hoops. Season starts Tuesday.

The Clippers have a bench. This might be their year finally.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

Spurs are the call IMO coming out of the Western Conference.... Clippers and Rockets runners up...

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Spurs V Cavs

Help me out with some betting futures guys...can the Pistons and Kings make the playoffs?

Anyone have any outsiders that could potentially win the MVP this season? Griffin?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Seems like everyone is not mentioning the Golden State Warriors including me to come out of the West..

Watched Open Court earlier and the panel was breaking down the Western Conference and no one was giving the Warriors any love...

It was all Spurs and OKC.. What's up with that? Splash bro's no? All they did last year was win the title...

I'm gonna mention them now..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Spurs too old

Zero threat

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I'm a huge Spurs fan and have been since 2003. I've always told it how it is. The Spurs are a much worse team now than they were the last two years when healthy. I have them as the 5th best team in the west. They have zero depth, can't guard the big guys out west, and will be horrible guarding the pick and roll. 1st round exit is my prediction. Splitter was a huge loss.

Aldridge was a great addition going forward but his addition adds nothing to the team.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10289

Such a long season ahead. We should know about a month or two from now who the big cats will be but one thing for certain the league would sell its souls to give a championship story in Cleveland, or, at least close to it. I say buy Cleveland championship futures, then hedge out on the western conference final winner.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Need to know which teams goat is high on so I can fade them

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Spurs too old

Zero threat
    Can't wait for the "Spurs ultimate dynasty - go all in on them to win the title" thread in a few weeks/months.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Spurs too old

Zero threat
    New additions this year -LaMarcus Aldridge and David West in the paint.. Scary down low now and with the mid range shooting from the big men..!! Tony Parker is still in his prime... If they all gel together it's a done deal...

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_...-antonio-spurs

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

How are the lakers looking haven't been paying attention hoops guys let me know

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Goat, I remember a while back that you had aspirations of coaching basketball. Wondering if you are coaching high school? GL on the season if so.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Everyone fading the Warriors. I understand why. How much of it has to do with actual basketball analysis I wonder.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave smitch124 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

I used to respect goats bb knowledge but he loss all my respect with one suggestion a couple years back

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

For them to win, Leonard and LMA got to step up a notch or 2. I'm not too sure the old trio has too many notches left in them.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 130

Spurs too old

Zero threat
    u and I we are 2 old

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8370

I think the lack of love for the warriors is that its extremely hard to go b2b especially with the stacked west. They are still the team to beat, but I think everyone just wants to be "right" by picking someone other than them. And lets face it, Steph has only really gotten through 1 year in his career healthy...can he make it 2. I have them still getting the 1 seed fairly easy.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 10-22-15 at 12:06 AM.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Charlatans always win

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

I love my Rockets but I think the Warriors lose to the Cavs 4-3 in a Finals rematch.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    I think the lack of love for the warriors is that its extremely hard to go b2b especially with the stacked west. They are still the team to beat, but I think everyone just wants to be "right" by picking someone other than them. And lets face it, Steph has only really gotten through 1 year in his career healthy...can he make it 2. I have them still getting the 1 seed fairly easy.

He was considered a lost cause 3 years ago but has gotten through the last 3 seasons hardly missing any games... Had a few niggling issues in the 2013 playoffs but didn't miss any games.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7601

Goat will get back to us. He is watching game film.
    Points Awarded:

upscope gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: texhooper

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Such a long season ahead. We should know about a month or two from now who the big cats will be but one thing for certain the league would sell its souls to give a championship story in Cleveland, or, at least close to it. I say buy Cleveland championship futures, then hedge out on the western conference final winner.
    Tie up money for eight months for a measly +240? When one injury over the course of an eighty two game season plus the playoffs can make this bet hopeless? I'll pass.

How about this instead. Pick three of Cleveland's easiest games at any point in the entire season and lay the money line juice. Voila, you're +300 and it's probably still 2015.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Tie up money for eight months for a measly +240? When one injury over the course of an eighty two game season plus the playoffs can make this bet hopeless? I'll pass.

How about this instead. Pick three of Cleveland's easiest games at any point in the entire season and lay the money line juice. Voila, you're +300 and it's probably still 2015.
    Yeah, because betting a +240 future and betting 3 -700 moneylines are really very comparable.

Not necessarily saying it's a bad idea but what does winning 3 meaningless regular season games have to do with making a finals run? Nothing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    How are the lakers looking haven't been paying attention hoops guys let me know
    Got an in shape and toned down Roy Hibbert in the middle, and in shape toned down World peace, an injury pron Kobe Bryant as his legs are already giving him problems in the pre-season.. Brandon Bass and Lou Williams are new additions also who are decent in their rolls. Nick Young is still there too.... Lot's of raw rookie talent surrounding that..

Don't see them making the playoffs but they will be better then last year for sure..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-22-15 at 12:41 PM.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8370

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

He was considered a lost cause 3 years ago but has gotten through the last 3 seasons hardly missing any games... Had a few niggling issues in the 2013 playoffs but didn't miss any games.
    is 2013 the year they lost to the Spurs? If I remember correctly, he tweaked his ankle leading up into the playoffs, and tweaked again in that series. I would hardly call that healthy, and a Curry with a bad ankle would be enough for them not to repeat. I guess it was Bogut who was hurt the year before last, who is also someone they really can't afford to lose imo.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    is 2013 the year they lost to the Spurs? If I remember correctly, he tweaked his ankle leading up into the playoffs, and tweaked again in that series. I would hardly call that healthy, and a Curry with a bad ankle would be enough for them not to repeat. I guess it was Bogut who was hurt the year before last, who is also someone they really can't afford to lose imo.
    Yes he was playing slightly hurt in the 2013 playoffs but he was on the floor. Since then he's had virtually no issues.

They played their best ball without Bogut last year. With Kerr's offense and the revelation of Draymond Green they don't even really need him that much, or at least not for more than 20-25 minutes a game in most cases.

I'm not saying they repeat (I like the Spurs) but I don't see why one would be concerned about them staying healthy. The other 2 favourites in the West (OKC/SAS) probably have more questions to answer on that front.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Still 5 days until the season starts. Goat has some time.

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post

1) if you want to make money doing anything, you have to be willing to make wise longterm investments, same as in real life mutual and stocks.
    2) how exactly you determine what is an "easy game" I do not know, bc IMHO there is no such thing.
    3)There is so much real life crap going on behind the scenes, you can never be sure of anything. Ie players banging each others wives, player/coach grudges, arm sore from newest tatto, smoked one too many blunts night before, etc on any given day which could affect the outcome. If anything the play that makes you hold your nose seems to hit at higher rates.
    4) futures, barring injuries, in alot of ways eliminates these daily situations and allows you to bet on the talent which should avg out to wins long term.
    Last edited by trobin31; 10-22-15 at 09:50 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Goat will get back to us. He is watching game film.
    more likely scamming someone.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    1) if you want to make money doing anything, you have to be willing to make wise longterm investments, same as in real life mutual and stocks.
    2) how exactly you determine what is an "easy game" I do not know, bc IMHO there is no such thing.
    3)There is so much real life crap going on behind the scenes, you can never be sure of anything. Ie players banging each others wives, player/coach grudges, arm sore from newest tatto, smoked one too many blunts night before, etc on any given day which could affect the outcome. If anything the play that makes you hold your nose seems to hit at higher rates.
    4) futures, barring injuries, in alot of ways eliminates these daily situations and allows you to bet on the talent which should avg out to wins long term.
    trobin, you should get some type of award for this post. This is the NBA in a nutshell. Although Odom has retired, there is a prime example. It's hard to cap players who are stuck back in high school mentally, which is most of them. Like how to you cap for a player who shoots himself in his ass with his own loaded gun? Or was that an NFL player?

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

IDK who will come out of the WEST, but am extremely confident Houston will not be in the Finals.

Saw a report that Dwight Howard compared himself favorably to MJ, Ali and wait for it....
    Nelson Mandela.
    Dude lives in his own little world and if he wasn`t born with the undeniable A+ NBA body,
    he would be lucky to have a job flipping burgers.

The trio of MacHale (as a coach), Beard and Dewey are never going to get a ring.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Everyone seems to forget just how much better the Warriors were than the entire western conference

trobin31

Not withstanding some very suspect and Phantom foul calls on Chris Paul in that last gm agst Spurs, I'd say Spurs were the team who would've given Golden state the most trouble defensively. I had Clippers that game, and freely admit time and time again in the final seconds the Refs hand delivered that gm to LA clippers.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by OckertCR View Post
    Everyone seems to forget just how much better the Warriors were than the entire western conference
    Agreed. They were almost "all-time" good last year.

With that said, I doubt they have everything go their way this season. They stayed healthy last year and some other teams had some injury problems.

I'm not sure if I buy into San Antonio yet. They will be good obviously, I'm just not so sure they can keep up with teams like the Rockets and Warriors.

I'm curious to see if OKC takes off now that Brooks is gone. This should be the deepest team they've had.

The West should be really exciting again this year.

12 Last