daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    We will add another 10 slots to each tournament and adjust the registration times so you can't sign up 5 hours in advance.

Awesome SBR! Ivy comes through

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Thats a start...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

ok now nobody sign up like sit n go's

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Great, now I have to spend over 2 hours a day playing for points. A new time slot is the answer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 7 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow, bobbywaves, USCPHILLYGUY, 70kgman, JoeyBagels, Slanina, and secretstash

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

way to do the right thing here SBR

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

So let's penalize the people that have half a brain and can easily choose a time slot that fits their schedule that day and reg early to go about said day?

if these things were filling up so fast what the hell is 10 spots doing other than f'ing up the overlay and screwing above mentioned players?

I get that RSH can't please everyone but c'mon giving in to whiners like this is such a weak look.

How about we address the scummy posters attempting to profit pennies by selling their seats and how that's a big reason we have this problem in the first place? Or the non pros taking active pros seats? Or this goddamn RNG that fists me every opportunity it gets!!!!!!

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Well at least they fuk'in finally did something. Poker use to be great at this site, now you have to fight, bitch and moan just to sign up. It's ridiculous, just like Dane said. What about the Saturday and Sunday rebuys? Those weren't costing SBR shit and we had a good group of players signing up to play every weekend.

Poker does build interest in other areas on the site. In terms of growth and new SBR pros signing up, it's an excellent additional option to have. You guys should really be looking to build on it, rather than make the shit so difficult all you do is piss off the long term SBR pros you already have.

SharpAngles

And since we have embarrassment in the title...the real embarrassment is whining over poker point tourneys that don't fit a schedule. Past 2 days I've been too busy to log in and grab a seat until the ones I could play were full but I don't feel the need to post and complain. Just like I didn't complain to 5Dimes or bovada that their freeroll schedule just wasn't working for me so they need to change that, which would be less embarrassing than posting whines about it...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tradeout

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ivy got called in office

She had to do something

It is better than nothing

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    And since we have embarrassment in the title...the real embarrassment is whining over poker point tourneys that don't fit a schedule. Past 2 days I've been too busy to log in and grab a seat until the ones I could play were full but I don't feel the need to post and complain. Just like I didn't complain to 5Dimes or bovada that their freeroll schedule just wasn't working for me so they need to change that, which would be less embarrassing than posting whines about it...

Ya Ill quit my job to make accommodations. I'll get right on that. I can't even register because by the time I get home these things are full and there's no way to do it on a mobile. That's not the past few days that's every day. If I pay $100 for something I want to use its full capacity. Don't give me the whining BS, if it didn't matter you wouldn't be "whining" in here either. Ideally another tournament would have been better, but we've already been down that road. It's not just me, it's a large demographic that have trouble signing and can't play.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 10-24-15 at 12:46 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

We will add another 10 slots to each tournament and adjust the registration times so you can't sign up 5 hours in advance; it will be adjusted to registering two hours before.
    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Great, now I have to spend over 2 hours a day playing for points. A new time slot is the answer

Where the hell am I , is this earth ?
    I dont even play poker here and this is a horrible idea...
    already measly payouts for sitting for 90 minutes for chance to win 30 betpoints
    now you have to go through an additional 10 more players for micro payouts
    where the reward for grueling out a 6th place finish instead of a 10th place is a difference of 20-30 points

Guess you guys got what you asked for

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Change it back for all I care then.

death taxes & bitchy poker players. Some things are constant
    Points Awarded:

Booya711 gave daneblazer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Change it back for all I care then.

death taxes & bitchy poker players. Some things are constant
    Forget about poker blazer...lets talk about more important things like most of SBR on GT. looks good for the Noles!

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

all reasons stated above along with you have to play on a computer, is why i stopped playing a year or so ago.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    all reasons stated above along with you have to play on a computer, is why i stopped playing a year or so ago.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

In givemeabj's "sbr used to be better" thread somebody commented that forums are dinosaurs and that social media took over--i think a sbr poker mobile app would be a big step to keeping up with the times and would solve alot of people's schedule problems because they could register or even play without sitting at a pc

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

I love how people play the "all-in" style in the non-tournament tables. Easy pickins to get the roll over on points, with maybe a double or triple up!
    That said, I appreciate the improvements to get more people in involved without having to schedule your life around a points tournament. Way to go Ivy!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Ya Ill quit my job to make accommodations. I'll get right on that. I can't even register because by the time I get home these things are full and there's no way to do it on a mobile. That's not the past few days that's every day. If I pay $100 for something I want to use its full capacity. Don't give me the whining BS, if it didn't matter you wouldn't be "whining" in here either. Ideally another tournament would have been better, but we've already been down that road. It's not just me, it's a large demographic that have trouble signing and can't play.

Dane what "did you pay $100 for"? It was a charitable donation that's a tax write off for christs sakes. On top of that you have guys "threatening" not to Renew who went to a bash that SBR spent probably $1000 a room on. For that reason alone you shouldn't complain about anything that SBR does. I agree with Sharpie, if your work schedule doesn't fit you playing poker, don't play. I work 60-70 hours a week from mid March till mid sept. so couldn't commit to the whole World Cup format. I didn't bitch about the times or threaten not to renew.

So yea, 2 hours to finish a tourney now. Great

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Jaker asked the best question of the thread.
    Why is there an entry limit?
    There has to be a reason.
    Would love to hear why.

Also, if posters can't play on their android or even iPhone devices, the poker at SBR will slowly fade away.

And to those fukkng Richie riches who talk down to those who like to play for points....
    If you think its a waste of time to play for points, don't play @ SBR & don't post in here.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Dane what "did you pay $100 for"? It was a charitable donation that's a tax write off for christs sakes. On top of that you have guys "threatening" not to Renew who went to a bash that SBR spent probably $1000 a room on. For that reason alone you shouldn't complain about anything that SBR does. I agree with Sharpie, if your work schedule doesn't fit you playing poker, don't play. I work 60-70 hours a week from mid March till mid sept. so couldn't commit to the whole World Cup format. I didn't bitch about the times or threaten not to renew.

So yea, 2 hours to finish a tourney now. Great
    thats the problem. I've been sitting out for about a year and I want to play. We've tried to get another tournament (which would be the cure all) but that doesn't appear to be happening so it's on to step 2. I respect your opinion, like you, and respect Sharper as one of the better tournament players on the site...but as poker players both of you know nothing happens in a poker players favor unless they make a stink about it. I looked on the poker forum and saw several discussions about not being able to play. Thought that's what people wanted...

and I'm also doubting this adds on another 30 minutes to the average tournament time

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Dane....you the man!

Finally got someone to get through to SBR management.

I think we'd all love another tournament, but that's just not happening. So at least the tables have been opened up enough for us people who have stricter job schedules than others. Thank you SBR.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Wrong thread

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ivy ignoring my emails

I asked her for unlimited entries

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ivy ignoring my emails

can we pay 3 more places JJ?

maybe if you didn't send her so many selfie nudes she wouldn't be so reluctant to open your emails

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55470

We will add another 10 slots to each tournament and adjust the registration times so you can't sign up 5 hours in advance; it will be adjusted to registering two hours before.
    I hope you are not changing the structure half way through the tournament, and the above will be implemented from the next contest.

Can we keep EARLY registration?

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

I don't like that it was changed midway through a promotion (not that it matters but it sets a bad precedent).
    The simplest change was just to add another tournament at whatever time people wanted(9 PM 10 AM - whatever).
    I've been timing the tournaments and they usually last between 1-1.5 hours (depending where you finish obviously).
    Another 10 players will likely add between 20-30 more minutes. So if you play the dailies it's 14 hours a week thereabouts now + time to roll over points. Did we really need to tack on more hours?

And despite all the bitching about early registration I only saw about 1-4 people each tournament on average actually getting blinded out.
    Was it really that hard to find 2 minutes during the day to register for the tournament you wanted?
    They opened registration each night at 12 AM. Checking your e-mail in the morning? Register then. On your phone at lunch? Register then. Wait till 6:50 PM to play the 7:00 PM? oh penetrate oh penetrate CHANGE IS NEEDED CHANGE THIS SUCKS WTFFFF!!!!!!!
    Ridiculous.
    Last edited by JoeyBagels; 10-24-15 at 10:08 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tradeout

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Why, what's your stake in this? I've never seen you play poker.

Who in their right mind would want unlimited entries, with top 12 cashing?

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55470

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    So let's penalize the people that have half a brain and can easily choose a time slot that fits their schedule that day and reg early to go about said day?

if these things were filling up so fast what the hell is 10 spots doing other than f'ing up the overlay and screwing above mentioned players?

I get that RSH can't please everyone but c'mon giving in to whiners like this is such a weak look.

How about we address the scummy posters attempting to profit pennies by selling their seats and how that's a big reason we have this problem in the first place? Or the non pros taking active pros seats? Or this goddamn RNG that fists me every opportunity it gets!!!!!!
    Totally agree with this^^^

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Well this backfired.

Post #39, SBR.

Adding 10 slots was not the answer. 2 hour tournaments for a few points is a waste of time.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Ivy are those pictures jj sent me really you? You know the ones that show that little circular scar on your arm. That's you, right? Good job with poker.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Dane....you the man!

Finally got someone to get through to SBR management.

I think we'd all love another tournament, but that's just not happening. So at least the tables have been opened up enough for us people who have stricter job schedules than others. Thank you SBR.
    WTF does "stricter job schedules" mean? You can HONESTLY tell me you don't have the 30 seconds it takes to register for a tourney at 6am for that day then the 30 seconds it would take to unregister if you couldn't commit? So now your adding ten more seats IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROMOTION to accommodate the 4 people who bitch about this??? How can you say these tourneys won't take longer????
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tradeout, and SharpAngles

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

shit sucks lets be real

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

SBR please change this back before the tournaments resume on Monday. If you want to tinker with the structure please do so after the current promotion. My suggestion right now to fix things would be to add another tournament at either the 9 PM est slot or the 10 AM est slot and put the 40 player cap back in place. Doing this will accommodate the overflow of players, make tournaments more playable to current players and more payouts/time will add more liquidity to the ring game pools. Change registration back to 12 AM EST too so anyone with some sense can plan their play ahead. There was a small problem for a small segment of players but the change that was made was not the right way to address it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY, and JAKEPEAVY21

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I think the opposite is the solution. I would prefer to see the daily prize pool spread out over 6-8 tournaments throughout the day, 20 max entries (top 6 get paid), and quicker blinds. Let's get the daily tourney's to one hour or less. I am sure most people would prefer that. Up to 2 hours a day + rollover time for points is not realistic for most people.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    I think the opposite is the solution. I would prefer to see the daily prize pool spread out over 6-8 tournaments throughout the day, 20 max entries (top 6 get paid), and quicker blinds. Let's get the daily tourney's to one hour or less. I am sure most people would prefer that. Up to 2 hours a day + rollover time for points is not realistic for most people.
    I love this idea!!!

First 123 Last