JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Dallas game was in New Orleans.
    Was talking about the Falcons beating the Cowboys in Dallas.. 39-28.. I typed in Saints by mistake in my above post.. Edit my bad..

Half asleep this morning and still waking up..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-15-15 at 11:39 AM.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Atlanta beating a Wheeten run Cowboy team in his first game at QB did not impress me... Cowboys suck.. Saints will play even with the Falcons in the dome tonight on the fast turf I think.. First half of play especially..

For people thinking of playing the Saints you may want to consider playing the Saints in the 1st half.. Falcons start slow in this one..
    Outside of QB, and MAYBE RB the Cowboys are better at legit every spot on the football field. Let's be serious here.

Time is Money

Comparing Boys vs Saints in the above post, not Falcons.

Dallas gave the Saints that game, I watched it all. Saints a terrible football team, Jameis and the bucs dominated them, say no more. Falcons LARGE for me.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Outside of QB, and MAYBE RB the Cowboys are better at legit every spot on the football field. Let's be serious here.
    So you think Atlanta is gonna stroll into New Orleans and spank the Saints? Maybe but the Saints are showing improvement game to game now.. Brees should score at home.. I think it will be a close game with Atlanta pulling it out in the end..

I'm thinking Saints first half +3...

$120.00 $104.30 Pending 10/15/15 8:25pm NFL Football 104 New Orleans Saints 1st Half +3 -115* vs Atlanta Falcons
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-15-15 at 05:03 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Out of all the undefeated teams 5-0 or 4-0 the Falcons had the toughest schedule.

Patriots: Beat Steelers, Bills, Jaguars, Cowboys (Weeden)
    Bengals: Beat Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks (All 5 teams have losing records)
    Broncos: Beat Ravens, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Raiders (4 teams with losing records, 1 team 2-2)
    Packers: Beat Bears, Seahawks, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams (All 5 teams have losing records)
    Panthers: Beat Jaguars, Texans, Saints, Buccaneers (All 5 teams have losing records)

So when you say Falcons didn't beat anyone then who did the other undefeated teams beat?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    problem is qb means everything. Romo in comparison to weeden is a monumental difference. Plus no dez

Fthestockmarket
    Fthestockmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    3-5 su
    2-6 ats
    Whoops you're right, I knew they did terrible at home last year but looked at the wrong line in the standings. Tampa was 0-8. Point still stands though, the Saints dominant hone field advantage is a thing of the past and they're a vastly inferior team in this game.

If any of the other undefeated teams were in this game the line would be double digits.

Vinnie Paz

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Out of all the undefeated teams 5-0 or 4-0 the Falcons had the toughest schedule.

Bengals: Beat Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks (All 5 teams have losing records)
    Broncos: Beat Ravens, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Raiders (4 teams with losing records, 1 team 2-2)
    Packers: Beat Bears, Seahawks, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams (All 5 teams have losing records)
    Panthers: Beat Jaguars, Texans, Saints, Buccaneers (All 5 teams have losing records)

So when you say Falcons didn't beat anyone then who did the other undefeated teams beat?
    The hell does that have to do with anything? Were not comparing teams here. This thread isnt "which undefeated team is the best?"

Time is Money

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    problem is qb means everything. Romo in comparison to weeden is a monumental difference. Plus no dez
    Agreed, QB is everything thats why when we saw Brees out against Carolina the line moved about 7 points. QB vs QB gimme Ryan THIS YEAR over Brees (slightly, neither are elite) and I edge every other single position on the field to the Falcons too. Superdome is a non issue, 2-3 years ago I'm staying off this game but NO is now one of the least feared home teams IMO. I can only think a handful of home field advantages that I think are worse.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The hell does that have to do with anything? Were not comparing teams here. This thread isnt "which undefeated team is the best?"
    Do not think atl good as their record. Problem is they continue playing poor competition so it's hard to fade them.
    You said they played poor competition. They swept the NFC East.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

you guys do understand that this is the nfl and it doesn't matter who you have beaten or lost to right? every matchup is it's own unique matchup. bringing up past results is pretty irrelevant and an amateur way to gamble

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    you guys do understand that this is the nfl and it doesn't matter who you have beaten or lost to right? every matchup is it's own unique matchup. bringing up past results is pretty irrelevant and an amateur way to gamble
    Goat gets it

Goat Milk

That has no bearing on this game. None whatsoever. The gameplan for beating the Saints is not the same gameplan for beating the Texans or the Redskins. Is this amateur hour in here?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

That has no bearing on this game. None whatsoever. The gameplan for beating the Saints is not the same gameplan for beating the Texans or the Redskins. Is this amateur hour in here?
    Some dumb ass said the Falcons didn't beat anyone and they only played poor teams.

I'm on the under 52 tonight. I did not tell anyone to play the Falcons tonight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

True to an extent but you have to put some weight into recent play and trends.. Atlanta is winning games so it's hard to bet against that.. Saints are starting to play better ball lately and are at home tonight.. Brees whom still is a great QB is starting.. Tough game to call really...

Vinnie Paz

You said they played poor competition. They swept the NFC East.
    2 good teams out of 5.

#Falcons 1st team in NFL history to start 5-0 with 4 wins after trailing in 4th qt

Goat Milk

I think the under looks solid. I think Brees will do work but will struggle once he hits the red zone. Look for Saints to settle for about 4-5 field goals. I say game ends like 19-17 saints.

ByAnYMe9n$
    ByAnYMe9n$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

Atlanta is the play dont undertsand how you can take the Aints!!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why is Atlanta favored ?

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Under is the play. And like goat said...the worst mistake you can make in the NFL is looking at previous games like they mean something.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Saints hasn't hold any team under 100 rushing. Eagles crushed them on the ground and Falcons can do the same with a red hot Freeman. They can control the clock and Saints defense will have a hard time deciding on whether to cover Falcons rush attack or pass attack. Something will break. Saints has a lack of pass rush and it looks like Julio Jones is fine and ready to play. I can't find any angle on betting the Saints other than TNF is a magical night. Eagles scored 39 points DESPITE two end zone interceptions and two failed 4th & long plays.
    Brees sure can throw the ball, but Ryan can throw the ball aswell. Saints has no significant home field advantage like they had two years ago.

What's your angle on the saints?

emkee13
    emkee13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

I think the under looks solid. I think Brees will do work but will struggle once he hits the red zone. Look for Saints to settle for about 4-5 field goals. I say game ends like 19-17 saints.
    You must really respect that vaunted Saints defense lead by that outstanding defensive mind of Rob Ryan.

GTFO, lol.

And you call others amateurs.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

I think the under will hit just because it is a divisional matchup...

27-16 HOTLANTA!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by emkee13 View Post
    You must really respect that vaunted Saints defense lead by that outstanding defensive mind of Rob Ryan.

GTFO, lol.

And you call others amateurs.
    No, they suck. But they'll show up decently today. Short week for ATL with travel etc. New Orleans will possess the ball for most of the clock tonight. Low scoring FG type game.

The J-Dizzle

How will Saints possess the ball the most? Atlanta has one of the best rush defenses in the league. Saints run D is ranked 29th.
    Not sure that Saints can put 8 men in the box without having to pay for it..

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    How will Saints possess the ball the most? Atlanta has one of the best rush defenses in the league. Saints run D is ranked 29th.
    Not sure that Saints can put 8 men in the box without having to pay for it..
    Rankings mean nothing. It's 5 weeks into the year. Name 3 guys of ATL's front 7 that are pro bowlers..... They're an average defense that has overachieved. What you are on paper means a lot more in the long run than what you've done for a few weeks.... Saints are gonna run the ball all day on that ATL defense, I guarantee it. I think Saints will possess the ball a lot and their lack of execution in the red zone will probably hurt them. I see a FG type game either way.

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Freeman will have just another one of his games. Falcons cover and goes over. ATL 31-24

Fthestockmarket
    Fthestockmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Wish I didn't put my bets in already as the lines are moving even more toward saints. Inexplicable, looks like the books tricked people into liking the Saints and will clean up on an Atl win

The J-Dizzle

Sure they do. Why wouldn't they mean something? It tells me at least something when Atlanta is ranked 1st in run D when New Orleans is ranked 29th. But Pro Bowlers mean something? Dallas didn't have many pro bowlers last year but they turned up alright thanks to a great def coordinator. Rankings involves a teams performances against others team, and includes coordinators. Pro Bowlers are stats machines and is all about the individual.
    Why would Saints run the ball all day against that Falcons D when other, better teams, had problems with it?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by The J-Dizzle View Post
    Sure they do. Why wouldn't they mean something? It tells me at least something when Atlanta is ranked 1st in run D when New Orleans is ranked 29th. But Pro Bowlers mean something? Dallas didn't have many pro bowlers last year but they turned up alright thanks to a great def coordinator. Rankings involves a teams performances against others team, and includes coordinators. Pro Bowlers are stats machines and is all about the individual.
    Why would Saints run the ball all day against that Falcons D when other, better teams, had problems with it?
    Like I said, ATL has had a good start, but over the course of 16 games, when you don't have a good defense on paper, it's going to start to show at some point. You really think ATL is the number 1 run defense? You can't name one ELITE player in their front 7. Come on bro. Rankings mean nothing at this point. Ingram is gonna run on this defense. You'll see.

The J-Dizzle

I'm not saying it's the nr 1 run D, but it tells me something. What you have on paper isn't everything, coaching is important. Quinn has done a great job with improving this defense, you can't deny that. Ingram can run on this D, sure, but Freeman can double his numbers if Saints wants a ground and pound game. If Saints commit to stop the run, Jones, White, Hankerson and Tamme should be open.
    Atlanta could be missing ELITE players in their front 7 but Vic Beasley is really fast. And on the other hand, what does Saints got? Their pass rush is nothing up to this point.

emkee13

No, they suck. But they'll show up decently today. Short week for ATL with travel etc. New Orleans will possess the ball for most of the clock tonight. Low scoring FG type game.
    Dirty Birds are the best team in the league on a short week in the Matt Ryan era.

Home dogs in division games with a high total also generally don't do too well.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by emkee13 View Post
    Dirty Birds are the best team in the league on a short week in the Matt Ryan era.

Home dogs in division games with a high total also generally don't do too well.
    I'm not saying Saints will win, I just don't think it's gonna be a blowout. I think the Saints will have success running the ball. If I had to bet I'd say they'll generate more offense than the Falcons. I just don't trust the Saints to score in the Red Zone.

emkee13

Let's also not forget no Jimmy Graham and Brees has morphed into Brett Favre post-Packers, dumb turnover after dumb turnover.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Typical inter-division Thursday night trap game. How could a 1-4 team ever possibly beat an undefeated 5-0 team?

Saints by double digits....

Call it 38-28 and be done with it.

First 1234 Last