Login Search

Matt Kemp

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
They're not "shitting the bed."

They just don't give a f\*\*k. At $20 plus million per guaranteed to play a game, you and I wouldn't either.
Obviously what I meant. Get money, sit back and do nothing. I'm not sure about myself, I'm competitive so I would like to break records and win championships. Some players are like that, some aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
Obviously what I meant. Get money, sit back and do nothing. I'm not sure about myself, I'm competitive so I would like to break records and win championships. Some players are like that, some aren't.
These guys were all like that at one point in time. Can't get to the bigs without drive.

Once those monstrous checks start flowing in no matter what, playing through the dog days and giving max effort just doesn't compute anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
These guys were all like that at one point in time. Can't get to the bigs without drive.

Once those monstrous checks start flowing in no matter what, playing through the dog days and giving max effort just doesn't compute anymore.
I hear ya, those that do are few and far between. I feel like it's especially true in baseball. In the NFL, you have QB's who all really want to win. It may not be as hard physically or mentally as a QB, I'm not sure. Plus the money in baseball is just filthy with the guaranteed money for a ridiculous amount of years. Can just fold up shop right after you sign the contract.