zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Guys don't bother with zsr. One of the biggest idiots on the site and that's saying something.

Tries to troll other posters making up amounts they supposedly lost to try to make himself feel better.

Does not understand a thing about basketball.
    Because stats don't matter, right? Isnt it weird that MJ, LBJ, KD, Shaq, etc all have similar career numbers? And Kobe is down with Iverson and Melo shooting below 42%?

Your opinion means nothing. The stats are the facts. Period.

BTW, its so cute that you try to defend a middle aged millionaire like Kobe that doesn't even know you exist. Why? Why does your life revolve around arguing about somebody that doesn't know you exist?
    Last edited by zsr; 12-05-14 at 04:56 PM.

zsr

Also LMAO at upscope. Nice last ditch desperate attempt to troll.

None of the people you listed take more than 5 shots a game.

Hurr durrr.

Of course if they scored 35 on 60% shooting over multiple years they would be hall of famers.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Funny how the guy is trying to make his case saying he is citing "stats".

Then proceeds to call a guy who shoots 45.2% a "below 42%" shooter.

lol

Just like when he's trolling posters about their records. Constantly feels the need to manipulate facts so that they suit him. Really pathetic.

Regardless, people who point to shooting percentages as some kind of category that supercedes everything else don't understand the game. Plain and simple.

As to even mentioning Shaq (a center) in a conversation involving wing players to compare shooting numbers... I give up. Guy obviously doesn't understand a thing about this sport and I don't know why I'm even bothering.

zsr

Regardless, people who point to opinion as some kind of category that superceds everything else doesn't understand the game. It's pretty amazing that you can try to pretend you understand basketball when your opinion is the complete opposite of what the facts show. How is that possible? How? Please explain how you think you understand the game when what you think is happening is the opposite of the stats?

Of course I'm wasting my time, your one of the members of the Kobe cult following and will argue until your death for somebody you've never met and somebody who doesn't know you exist

zsr

If you want to go advanced I'm all for that, as we can look at winshares/48. Surely that will show us Kobe's true value and will place him above LBJ, KD, MJ, etc right?

Oops.
    Maybe TS% or eFG% right?

Oops.

Well, I guess there must not be a stat that understands the game. I give up, I guess we'll just have to take the Kobe fans word for it.

zsr

Just to finish the discussion. Better go watch some film if you think you understand the game, chief.

Kobe: 45%, .554 TS%, 173.4 W/S, .180 WS/48, 23.3 PER

LBJ: 50%, .581 TS%, 170.9 W/S, .242 WS/48, 27.7 PER

MJ: 50%, .569 TS%, 214 W/S, .250 WS/48, 27.9 PER

KD: 48%, .600 TS%, 88.7 W/S, .205 WS/48, 24.5 PER

Its amazing KD is already better than Kobe ever was. Incredible.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Rondo going for 20 assists night against scrub lin. Lin should not play anymore this year. Just sit on bench and collect your last nba pay checks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe is trash too
    He destroyed Laker franchise by being selfish

Nobody wants to play with him or Anthony

Seto

Not worth my time. You must be a very sad and jealous individual to constantly have to make up numbers like "42%" and "lost 10k on laker futures" to make yourself feel better. Then you try to claim you're stating "facts"

Whatever helps you get through the day without killing yourself

TwoWays

Kobe is atrocious defensively today.

zsr

Not worth my time. You must be a very sad and jealous individual to constantly have to make up numbers like "42%" and "lost 10k on laker futures" to make yourself feel better. Then you try to claim you're stating "facts"

Whatever helps you get through the day without killing yourself
    This is cute, change the subject and try to cover your ears and eyes and convince yourself all the advanced metrics are wrong and your opinion is right.

Not worth my time. Kobe nut huggers are all the same with their rudimentary understanding of the game. Hurr durp clutch and ringgggssss.

Also, you must be a very sad and jealous individual to remember a post I made over 6 months ago. I must have really cut you deep, for you to remember a post on an anonymous Internet forum for that long. Sorry chief. And now I've humiliated your basketball knowledge by destroying your thoughts of your false idol. Hopefully this one won't stay with you as long, chief

Seto

No I just have an amazing and scary memory. It's often useful but sometimes there's stuff I'd rather forget.

Remember I haven't even gotten into a basketball conversation with you. That's another example of you trying to make yourself feel better by convincing yourself you "humiliated" someone. Once again, whatever makes you feel better about yourself I guess. I haven't said one thing about Bryant in this "conversation" other than James Harden shoots as bad as him. I haven't even defended the guy. I've just been exposing your lies and telling people not to try and engage in a debate with a delusional nutjob hater if they want to save their time.

Having not even defended the guy I don't see why, but someone he's now my "idol" lol. Once again trying to make up stuff. As a matter of fact, while I do appreciate the player and his game, the dude wouldn't even be in my top 20 favourite athletes. Maybe top 50 but I'm not even sure. If I ever go see Lakers/Mavs in Dallas while he's still playing I'll be booing him as loud as anyone, trust me.

I just don't find it useful to engage in one with someone who thinks Durant (0 rings, because yeah the objective in sports is kinda to win trophies not to pile up numbers. You must think Kevin Love is the best PF in the league then right?) is already better than Kobe ever was and who compares a center's FG percentage to wing players. There are enough people on this site who have decent knowledge of the game who I'd rather talk to. Plus which, there's clearly no convincing you you're wrong (haters tend to work like that) so why should I even try?

TwoWays

Ronnie fckn price is starting tonight. That's an embarrassing demotion. I mean Ronnie fckn scrub price. Lin on his way to being towel boy.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Lin was better when he slept on friends' couches.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Ronnie fckn price is starting tonight. That's an embarrassing demotion. I mean Ronnie fckn scrub price. Lin on his way to being towel boy.
    Yeah unreal

Boozer being benched too I heard lol. For Ed Davis.

zsr

No I just have an amazing and scary memory. It's often useful but sometimes there's stuff I'd rather forget.

Remember I haven't even gotten into a basketball conversation with you. That's another example of you trying to make yourself feel better by convincing yourself you "humiliated" someone. Once again, whatever makes you feel better about yourself I guess. I haven't said one thing about Bryant in this "conversation" other than James Harden shoots as bad as him. I haven't even defended the guy. I've just been exposing your lies and telling people not to try and engage in a debate with a delusional nutjob hater if they want to save their time.

Having not even defended the guy I don't see why, but someone he's now my "idol" lol. Once again trying to make up stuff. As a matter of fact, while I do appreciate the player and his game, the dude wouldn't even be in my top 20 favourite athletes. Maybe top 50 but I'm not even sure. If I ever go see Lakers/Mavs in Dallas while he's still playing I'll be booing him as loud as anyone, trust me.

I just don't find it useful to engage in one with someone who thinks Durant (0 rings, because yeah the objective in sports is kinda to win trophies not to pile up numbers. You must think Kevin Love is the best PF in the league then right?) is already better than Kobe ever was and who compares a center's FG percentage to wing players. There are enough people on this site who have decent knowledge of the game who I'd rather talk to. Plus which, there's clearly no convincing you you're wrong (haters tend to work like that) so why should I even try?

This is fantastic. I love the pseudo-intellectuals.

So basically, your wrong, you know you have a rudimentary understanding of the game, yet your able to convince yourself stats and advanced metrics mean nothing, cuz rings and trophies?

Its amazing that you can convince yourself your opinions are correct when they are the complete opposite of the facts. How can you be so wrong (according to the advanced metrics and even basic stats) but convince yourself your right? How is that possible? Even for SBR, this may be a new low.

Whoops, I thought it wasn't worth the time? Hurp. Durp. Chief.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

lin is trash? yea right, that's why kobe is trying to pass to lin who's sitting on the bench
    kobe is becoming senile and blind. just retire, you old bum.

TwoWays

Lin is garbage. Sub the guy in with couple minutes left in third and pels lead ballons to 20. Unreal this guy is playing. Put clarkson in. Give lin a spot next to the cooler so he can hand the real professionals gatorade

zsr

Just as an add on thought to my last post, this type of pseudo-intellectual nonsense is definitely most common in NBA fans, across all forums. A bunch of people are convinced they "know the game" so the facts don't matter. Never see it in NFL, and saber metrics has taken over MLB so never see it there either. Soon the same will happen with NBA fans, they'll have a harder time convincing themselves that opinion means more than fact and eventually everyone will come around and realize that if what they think they're seeing differs from the metrics, than they aren't seeing the game right.

Until then, we'll have to deal with the hurp durp crowd talk about rings and clutch and how advanced stats mean nothing because they "know the game"

picopico101
    picopico101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Lin is poster boy.

play4win

good benching lin , coach kobe nut sack holder.
    it worked very well i see with a big L again

play4win

obviously kobe will blame lin some how.
    well, for 8 mill he probably can take it.
    i would punch the old timer in his face if he take another cheap shot.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Lin GOAT

You guys know nothing

Seto

Yes you aren't worth the time discussing basketball with. Which makes it so funny you seem to think you're "detsroying me" at a debate we're not even having. How would you know I have a "rudimentary understanding of the game" if we haven't ever discussed basketball? But yeah, it seems any kind of discussion with you isn't worth it.

Good luck in life. Seems like you'll need it if you feel so uncomfortable in your skin that you need to make up stuff about others to make yourself feel superior to them.

zsr

Lmao forgot about the forum for a bit (Yes Seto, some people do things outside of an anon forum) this thread was fun.

Poor Seto and his 10,000 posts still can't shake my post from 7 months ago. hopefully he's not still stewing about that (though we know he is as he mentioned it 5 times) I know he's still stewing over this thread though, as his desperate attempt to pretend he wasn't trying to talk basketball even though he said things like "Kobe is better than KD" and "rings mean more than advanced metrics and stats" and a last ditch effort to try to once again shift the attention away from his miserable reality of posting 20 hours a day. (seriously though, how is 10,000 posts possible?)

Anyway, dropped in to say Kobe still having one of the worst seasons of all time. Where are the rings trolls from the start of this thread?

Now at -0.2 win shares for the season and an RPM of -2.97. That's 90th out of roughly 92 SGs, and 400th out 437 NBA players.

TwoWays

This lin guy is so bad. He is the GOAT. Lol. I didn't think u can be going into your prime and be garbage. I don't think anywhere in the history of nba has one player been demoted for Ronnie price.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Lmao forgot about the forum for a bit (Yes Seto, some people do things outside of an anon forum) this thread was fun.

Poor Seto and his 10,000 posts still can't shake my post from 7 months ago. hopefully he's not still stewing about that (though we know he is as he mentioned it 5 times) I know he's still stewing over this thread though, as his desperate attempt to pretend he wasn't trying to talk basketball even though he said things like "Kobe is better than KD" and "rings mean more than advanced metrics and stats" and a last ditch effort to try to once again shift the attention away from his miserable reality of posting 20 hours a day. (seriously though, how is 10,000 posts possible?)

Anyway, dropped in to say Kobe still having one of the worst seasons of all time. Where are the rings trolls from the start of this thread?

Now at -0.2 win shares for the season and an RPM of -2.97. That's 90th out of roughly 92 SGs, and 400th out 437 NBA players.
    Funny to bring that up after he records a triple double in a win. Who gives a shit about this season they were gonna be bad no matter what. But there is no denying he has been one of the greatest basketball players the NBA will ever see. Now on topic of the thread Lin is horrible one of the worst players I have ever seen how crazy he gets a job over a one week media hype.

Seto

I said I was going to stop interacting with idiots on this site and of course another one pops up from a near month long absence to try and tempt me. lol.

This guy just said in another thread that Kevin Love was a top 4 player in the NBA - I think that tells you all you need to know about him. Of course now he'll pour out all his meaningless stats that supposedly "prove" his point and say that the fact that he's never made the playoffs is meaningless just like Kobe's rings.

I won't be answering. So have fun "burying" me again. Meanwhile I'll be continuing to build on the 4+ grand I've already won in the NBA this year.

zsr

Lmao poor Seto. I own this poor kid. I didn't post for 6+ months, and I come back and he starts posting about something I said more than 7 months ago. He has 10,000 posts and my one post burial of him is all he thinks about. He stewed about it for 7 months. How sad does his life have to be that he lets a post on an anonymous Internet forum bother him for 7 months? Just fantastic.

Whoops, now I've caught him in his lie that he "wasn't trying to discuss basketball" in this thread when he posted than rings mean more than advanced metrics and stats, and Kobe is better than KD cuz "rings"

Now he's convinced himself that Kevin Love being the most dominant PF the last 3 years by basically every metric means nothing because he didn't make the playoffs. That's cute. The sad thing is he's actually convinced himself that stats mean nothing and the only thing that matters is rings. As we can all see from my post of the metrics above, he doesn't have a clue about the game of basketball.

Now he makes one last desperate attempt to convince himself he didn't get destroyed and humiliated in this thread by saying he's made 4 grand betting the NBA. Of course, you could make 4 grand working a minimum wage job as well but lets all applaud Seto. Maybe his 4 grand will buy him a nice bicycle so he can finally leave his house and get off the computer.

TwoWays

lol! linsanity. kid just got torched down the stretch time and again by lillard. then the all talk i like game winners too came up with a big time air ball. only reason this guy in the game at end cause ronnie price got hurt. price woulda shut down lillard. this dude is and will always be a net negative to the team.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Watching that was painful. Except if you're on Team Tank!

TwoWays

gaucher, me and you could go out on court and throw up an air ball. at least this kid will shut up now and stop bad mouthing the legit players.

i like game winners too. do u? seems u like air balls

igetem
    igetem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Lin was better when he slept on friends' couches.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Someone forgot to tell Tarik Black that the Lakers are not supposed to try

TwoWays

Don't worry about black. Scrub lin was left in for good part of 4th qtr and tie game went to double digit deficit. Game done. Lin playing = automatic tank

First ... 345678 Last