InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I never thought of betislands as a book to use

Seemed to me like shitty Fremont vs the strip

Why bother unless you're using them all to catch the best line?

In my time at sbr the only options I've read on here to consider are Bookmaker 5Dimes and Heritage.

Just sayin
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sunde91

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Intelligent choices you've made drinker.

The SBR brass led the sheeps to the cliff and the fence has broken.

Everyone needs to smarten up and only use the top books and if a more trustworthy book comes along get out of the others and into that.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

hels you can talk shit about the sbr brass but that list in the top left of this page was a list of the only books I'd consider. You hear about shitty customer service and other minuscule issues from some of these places but never anything like this. It's hard to put blame on sbr when they have given better options on books to use. Why go with the lower rated book? I'll never understand it. Christ 5dimes offers lines on fukkin everything.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Seemed to me like shitty Fremont vs the strip

Why bother unless you're using them all to catch the best line?

In my time at sbr the only options I've read on here to consider are Bookmaker 5Dimes and Heritage.

Just sayin
    I never liked the idea of joining islands either. I only trust a couple places. Feel sorry for guys though who lost money.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    I never liked the idea of joining islands either. I only trust a couple places. Feel sorry for guys though who lost money.
    Absolutely. No one should have to go through that bullshit. But it's also shitty to blame sbr when theyve laid out other better options IMO.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

drinker buried the forum. squarest of the square played at BI. Iwin, tracer, smoke, illini, secretstash. Buried

Only books worth sending to offshore are BM, 5D, heritage 3rd

jon cheers

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL the difference between Bet Islands and the ones you mentioned is BI at east tried to book for amounts actually worth betting, the places you mention are kiddie sites who only book to losers so they cant help but pay people because less than half the guys that play there actually ever request a pay out, and only half of them probably every get one once they go through the shit they pull and by the time the pay out is 'ready' the player is broke again and just reverses it back into his account.

Heritage has already stiffed people, and 5 Dimes has had some shady shit recently as well.

These places are all a match away from totally burning to the ground.

Bet Islands went down in about 6 weeks.

How long would it take the places you mentioned to go belly up if they took anything over a hundred bux in action from anyone who had a clue?

For the amount of money they let you bet youre better off finding some guy in Vegas to put bets in for you and play on credit or post up half the money up front. That way if you get stiffed you have a chance at some recourse.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hels

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I shipped $200 there to go pro. Had money there for a decent run but never went back after I was buried on a few bad beats.

Forgot my log in and called to get it to check my account and pricks in their basement couldn't tell me it.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Wantit try focusing on posting something coherent and within one paragraph. If you don't post like a douche then chances are better that it will be read.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

lmfao Bookmaker with $40,000 NFL sides is a kiddie book. Most financially solid offshore book ever outside pinnacle dumb fuk. What does that make BI with $1000 NFL limits and lines aren't posted until 3 hours before the game god damn joke

5Dimes most options and best lines and has always paid period

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I shipped $200 there to go pro. Had money there for a decent run but never went back after I was buried on a few bad beats.

Forgot my log in and called to get it to check my account and pricks in their basement couldn't tell me it.
    you don't write that kind of stuff down somewhere???

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

None of the books offshore have enough money to pay everybody if everyone requested payouts tomorrow .

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    None of the books offshore have enough money to pay everybody if everyone requested payouts tomorrow .
    I think CRIS as a whole would have enough to cover all their accounts. They do not have that much liquid where they could pay it tomorrow, nor do banks. Pretty sure they could do it by the time full balances were due withdrawing max p2p everyday. Doubt 5dimes would fall either. Sounds like heritage might be there too, but I won't vouch for anything on their behalf.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

real briefly what happened with betislands ? i missed it

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I had to found out the hardway about A rated books here...300$ dollar fee's for P2P withdrawal, rediculous rollover..

wantitall4moi

Wantit try focusing on posting something coherent and within one paragraph. If you don't post like a douche then chances are better that it will be read.
    ALL offshore books available to US players are useless. There are only maybe 4 in total for ANYONE worth playing at. Any one that puts money in a book based in Costa Rica deserves to have it stolen and I dont feel sorry for anyone that does.

Short and coherent enough?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    ALL offshore books available to US players are useless. There are only maybe 4 in total for ANYONE worth playing at. Any one that puts money in a book based in Costa Rica deserves to have it stolen and I dont feel sorry for anyone that does.

nobody deserves to have their money stolen.

as for betislands, it was a matter of risk vs reward. people took the risk of losing their funds for the tradeoff of freeplays, free 1/2 point, -107 juice, etc that a lot of other books weren't offering.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Race book limits were absurd. Also lack of betting options kept me from posting up at BI. But I did believe the hype that BI was a solid shop. It turned out to be all lies.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

see how easy that was? I don't disagree with you. And I do agree with others that say no one deserves to have money stolen....but it's always buyer beware in this world.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Drinker.....I completely agree with you on this. I certainly fall into the square category, but the 3 you listed are the only 3 I've ever used. BM making up about 80% of that.

When I was in Costa Rica, I saw the Bookmaker building. They have their name in the side of a fukkin skyscraper about the size of the Chrysler building. That was good enough for me.

I always imagined Bet islands being ran out of a mini warehouse. Just the fact that they had "Islands" in their name gave me the impression that they were smalltime. That's a stupid name. CR ain't no fukkin island.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Drinker good peoples

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Drinker.....I completely agree with you on this. I certainly fall into the square category, but the 3 you listed are the only 3 I've ever used. BM making up about 80% of that.
    With 80% of Opie's funds at Bookmaker............that place is financially solvent.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    With 80% of Opie's funds at Bookmaker............that place is financially solvent.
    especially when you look at his picks

milwaukee mike

William Walters

88..........I lobbed these assholes a beach ball.........sorry bout' that pal.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

wantitall4moi

nobody deserves to have their money stolen.

as for betislands, it was a matter of risk vs reward. people took the risk of losing their funds for the tradeoff of freeplays, free 1/2 point, -107 juice, etc that a lot of other books weren't offering.
    go look at the list of failed books, especially the most notorious and tell me where they were based.

Anything that is 'free' isnt/ Seriously how do you people function in the real world without having yourselves conned right out of your under wear.

Its a good thin most of you dont have anything because if you did you wouldnt have it for long. But then again thats why Bet Islands got away with (supposedly) 1.5 million. I doubt they even owed people that much let alone had that much on hand, but it makes for a good story. Regardless you look around and it still goes on. There are a couple more over at EOG where guys are falling all over themselves trying to deposit because of bonuses or free shit.

There are suckers born every minute and unfortunately for them they never learn their lesson. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. The NEXT forum touted book that last more than 18 months will be the first. Especially ones where reps are actually posting on a semi regular basis either trying to drum up business or promote some 'special' they have going on.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Wanti .....can you name the 4 books?

milwaukee mike

just because someone is dumb, gullible, ignorant, or some combination of the 3, that still doesn't mean they deserve to be robbed.

do i deserve to be shot because i am dumb enough to live in milwaukee, one of the most dangerous cities on the planet?

don't answer that

wantitall4moi

just because someone is dumb, gullible, ignorant, or some combination of the 3, that still doesn't mean they deserve to be robbed.

do i deserve to be shot because i am dumb enough to live in milwaukee, one of the most dangerous cities on the planet?

don't answer that
    "deserved" is semantics. But if something is unavoidable then yes. getting shot isnt really pro active, unless youre going out enticing people to shoot you. Sending money to Costa Rics is. Especially when youre sending it to aliases with all sorts of covert shenanigans trying to get over on the big bad U.S. govt because they dont let you have your 'freedom'. Con men take advantage of that too. Theyre on your side they want you to be able to do what you want, that is as long as youre doing it with them.

Sending money to Costa Rica to these books is akin to giving your money to a 17 year old and telling him to put it in the bank for you and not buy beer or drugs with it. Who would give a random 17 year old kid on the street a couple grand and expect them to do anything but steal it? So is 'deserves' the right word, I dont know maybe it is.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

"deserved" is semantics. But if something is unavoidable then yes. getting shot isnt really pro active, unless youre going out enticing people to shoot you. Sending money to Costa Rics is. Especially when youre sending it to aliases with all sorts of covert shenanigans trying to get over on the big bad U.S. govt because they dont let you have your 'freedom'. Con men take advantage of that too. Theyre on your side they want you to be able to do what you want, that is as long as youre doing it with them.

Sending money to Costa Rica to these books is akin to giving your money to a 17 year old and telling him to put it in the bank for you and not buy beer or drugs with it. Who would give a random 17 year old kid on the street a couple grand and expect them to do anything but steal it? So is 'deserves' the right word, I dont know maybe it is.
    Wanti, where do you live?

wantitall4moi

California

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Wanti, where do you live?
    Slums outside of L.A.

Guy was voted biggest douche at EOG.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Most banks couldn't payout ever costumer either in a one deal..

Everyone b.I client is requesting payouts at the same time causing mass panic thus more people keep trying to withdrawal and no one gets squat

12 Last