Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

How do you guys keep track of your betting?

I usually start a spreadsheet but then I start losing motivation in keeping track of it. Does it help or not?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

since day 1..its why I am a legend here and validated

Justin3587

Yea I get the idea of that, but do you log EVERYTHING? Because I am on the run a lot and the last thing I wanna do when I get home is log however many bets i made while I was out and about. I mean is there just a general upside to it?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

excel with some simple formulas, separate tab for each weekend's action. chart daily line movements on the games i'm eying once openers are out on sunday. lots of upside imo.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

counting the money.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
    I usually start a spreadsheet but then I start losing motivation in keeping track of it. Does it help or not?
    No it does not help,fuckk spreadsheets there for air betters,do you think for 1 minute gold has bet some 10 000 games already this year with real money?

Your account is your score card and your recored keeper,it tells the true story of how you're doing.

Spreadsheet my ass,you wanna fuckk with spreadsheets go into accounting.

Justin3587

Some good insight here. A lot of different perspectives.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Did start a spreadsheet a couple years back and had similar issues with not keeping it fully updated and missing bets I made while I was out and about etc. The only thing I do try to do is have a notepad sheet of any futures bets I make and what books they are placed at, so that I remember what I am cheering on come the end of the season.

Having said that I do have various spreadsheets etc setup and various printouts, often with hand scribbled notes from me and bets I have made, to keep track of certain stats/angles that I am have been looking at, but it isnt all that organized.

To be honest though, I dont place all that many bets per week - maybe a dozen or so over the weekend on NCAAF/NFL, and the odd bet in the week if I see something I like, and all for smallish stakes as well, usually around £50 is my top level for bets I realy like, and ranging from there downwards depending on how I rate the selections - its pretty rare these days for me to bet more than that really, and usually even then more often than not laying off to lock in a profit on a futures bet or something.