UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Perkins bashes lebron

Kendrick Perkins can live with being dunked on as part of the game. He can even handle being tweeted about being dunked on.

But LeBron James' Twitter reaction to Blake Griffin's did-you-see-that dunk over Perkins didn't sit well with the Oklahoma City Thunder center.

Perkins found himself in Griffin's career highlight reel when the Los Angeles Clippers forward soared over him, absorbed contact and threw the ball down into the basket, fingers grazing the rim, in the Clippers' 112-100 win Jan. 30.

Perkins then found himself on Twitter, where James, among others, could not contain his amazement over what he had seen.

"Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I'm No. 2 now. Move over #6," James tweeted, apparently referring to his own dunk the day before over Chicago Bulls point guard John Lucas III being relegated behind Griffin's poster-quality jam.

Perkins told Yahoo! Sports that he didn't appreciate that.

"You don't see Kobe (Bryant) tweeting," Perkins said, according to the report. "You don't see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you're an elite player, plays like that don't excite you."

"At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play. They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2," Perkins added, according to the report. "I just feel (James) is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him."

Perkins told Yahoo! Sports he respected Griffin for not making a spectacle of the moment. But if Griffin goes at the rim again the next time the Clippers and Thunder meet, Perkins said he won't back down.

"If I was in the same position, in the same rotation, I'm going to jump again and again and again," Perkins said, according to Yahoo! Sports. "A lot of people are afraid of humiliation or don't know how to handle embarrassment or would even get embarrassed. I don't care."

"That's my job," Perkins added, according to the report. "How will my teammates look at me if next time I just back out of the way and just let him dunk when I'm supposed to be defensive-minded, a shot-blocker? That would be a coward move on me. He'd just have to dunk on me again."

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where them Sacramento birches at Lawrence?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Love perks he would fuk up lebron

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

They both pussies

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Perkins has a ring

Griffin doesn't

Lebron doesn't.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: vyomguy

cwbuff44
    cwbuff44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Perkins has a ring

Griffin doesn't

Lebron doesn't.
    And if the Thunder keep playing the way they have been he may get another this year.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Good post from Perkins.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Perkins is a punk and prides himself on cheap play and hard fouls. LeBron's the best player in the league. His tweet didn't dehumanize Perkins. Perk needs to settle

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Love perks he would fuk up lebron
    Cmon mayn, Bron would beat the fuk out of Perk if he ever stepped up. Let's be real.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Lebron is a baby and a fukin loser. His pointless response proves it. Wait, let me check MJ or KB twitter to see what they think. Nevermind.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I see twitter as a way for the players to interact with the fans. Don't have a problem at all with what Lebron said.

Neither do I with what Perk said. At least Perkins wants to be there defending the dunks unlike 90% of the league.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I agree, Perkins at least defended it, but Lechoke doesn't need to go tweet about himself about some beginning of the season dunk. Who gives a shit about it.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Can't wait to see LeBron dunking on Perk. This will be a great match-up. When's Thunder vs Heat game?