Login Search

Phil Ivey

Last Post

no tpowell he is that rich

he's 70-80 mill deep at least plus receiving quite a bit for owning 10% (yeah 1/10th) of full tilt stock...

His investments are so sound that it doesn't matter if he wins or loses (and he still wins more than loses)

he's up in craps this year (down online poker thus far like 50k i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco View Post
no tpowell he is that rich

he's 70-80 mill deep at least plus receiving quite a bit for owning 10% (yeah 1/10th) of full tilt stock...

His investments are so sound that it doesn't matter if he wins or loses (and he still wins more than loses)

he's up in craps this year (down online poker thus far like 50k i think)

how do you know all this? The guy constantly loses in online poker. Only reason he is richer than other pros is because he LIVES for cash games and most pros are into tournaments now for some reason. I like the guy, but don't think he is all that he's cracked up to be.

I'd say about $50-60 million. This is a guy that owns 5% of Full Tilt, has won numerous tournaments, plays in games that require at least a $3 million bankroll, almost played in a $10 million sng before it was cancelled, forgot he left $800k in the cage at Commerce, and a guy that I've personally seen playing craps on $5000 min. tables here in Vegas...

Tpowell- the guy is money. I just searched for an article and here you go. You can believe he has the money or not:

So how much is professional poker player Phil Ivey worth? Some say a couple million. Others say a couple of hundred million and then there are those that say, “I have no idea but I bet it’s a lot!” To a certain degree just about each of those answers is somewhat true. Phil Ivey has never been one to be overly flamboyant. Contrary to popular belief Phil is indeed quite an ordinary guy with extraordinary abilities at the poker tables. Today, at thirty-two years old Phil is a far cry away from the middle class upbringing he had in New Jersey and playing poker under the moniker of “Jerome.”

Here are a few things we can consider when it comes to Phil Ivey’s net worth.

First, he was going to buy-in to a $10 Million dollar Sit n Go that would award $60 Million dollars to the winner. So, it would be safe to surmise that Ivey has a bankroll of at the very least $30 Million dollars. Otherwise, I would find it very hard to believe he would put half of his bankroll on the line even for a $60 Million dollar first prize. The tournament never did take place but it raised some eye browse when Ivey forked over that kind of dough to enter. Not many professional poker players have that kind of disposable cash. I would suggest that only Johnny Chan, Phil Hellmuth, Howard Lederer, and Doyle Brunson would be among the few that could afford to come out of their pockets without adverse affects on their bankroll or lifestyle.

Second, Phil Ivey happens to own a chunk of Full Tilt Poker. Not a bad investment at all. Ivey, along with several other poker pros, bought into Full Tilt when it was in it’s infancy and quickly built the brand from out of nowhere to one of the most recognizable poker web sites on the Internet today. They did it using some of the most successful professional poker players in the world along with innovative marketing and poker software. As far as I know Ivey owns about 5% of Full Tilt which has an estimated value of around $40 - $50 Million dollars.

Third, just what kind of bankroll does Phil Ivey have? My guess is that Phil would have a bankroll of around $20 - $30 Million dollars. Why would I guess that? Well, let’s consider that Ivey once forgot he had $800,000 sitting in the cage at the Commerce. Also, let us not forget that Ivey routinely plays and BEATS the Big Game at the Bellagio. This is a game that is played with blinds of $8000 / $4000 and the pots can get as large as $500,000 although I believe they cap it at $300k. Either way you would need a bankroll of at least $3 Million dollars or more to play comfortably in this kind of game.

Lastly, we have not taken into account any potential investments that he may have. Stocks, Bonds, CD’s Real-Estate, Businesses and the like are all potential sources of income outside of poker. Believe me, Phil Ivey could make a whole lot more money in endorsements than any other poker player alive if he chose to do so. I would even venture to say that Ivey could be one of the first mainstream poker players to have commercials on even when there is no poker being played. He has that kind of star power.

I suppose we will never know exactly what Phil Ivey’s true net worth is but I can assure you of this - he isn’t doing too bad for himself.

Not at all.