daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

When is the best time to place your bet? Once the lines open or before gametime???

When you bet on the opening line you avoid the line shifting to a disadvantageous position as the public pour on their bets.. before you know it the value of the line is gone..

The problem on it is you don't get the precious news about injuries and shit that will come very handy when you bet before gametime..

They say that you're a sharp when you bet during the opening of the line.. When do you place your bet?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Try to place as soon as the line opens.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Agree with Domestic. But you never know what extra info will you get before the tip off...

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

If you are making your own number, you will know what to do when the lines open.

And if you know the market, you might be able to anticipate the move.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I usually bet late because of unexpected injuries and events.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    Agree with Domestic. But you never know what extra info will you get before the tip off...
    Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I usually bet late because of unexpected injuries and events.

That's what I'm saying.. Injury or shit during the week will fukk your opening line bet..

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    That's what I'm saying.. Injury or shit during the week will fukk your opening line bet..
    True but what if an injury occurs on the opposing team and your line has become a whole lot better?
    Who are we kidding, gambling is 100% luck.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It's a tough call, but generally if neither team has any significant injuries coming out of the previous game and I feel that I'm getting a good line that I think will move against me then I'll bet the opening line. On opening lines I tend to look for the overs more so than sides and see if I can find some value.

In general, I prefer betting on Friday after the final weeks injury reports are released. It gives me some time to check injuries and practice time and also track some of the early line movements and get a feel of where I think the line may move come game time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Late although its all luck getting the right line

Timing, little skill

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

If I'm betting lines (using teasers mainly), I generally bet early. If something happens after the fact that will materially affect the outcome of the game, then I do an insurance bet that might partially offset my losses (or limit my gains depening on how you look at it).

When I'm betting moneylines, I wait until day before or gameday. A lot of moneylines for the heavy college favorites don't come out until the day before the game (if at all).

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i usually place my bet as soon as I see a good number. if you like the favorites your best bet is to bet as soon as it is released.

Moneylines always come out late monday or early Tuesday at 5 dimes for NFL

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

doesnt matter when ur 10 dolla bettor like u