from cook's illustrated. If you cook you must watch/record this program or if not possible buy the books. You cannot, I repeat cannot make a bad meal if you follow their directions. I have made many meals my son has prepared dozens of meals and never got a bad one. They actually prepare a dish over and over and over until they get it perfect. I am able to watch this show on PBS. However, I also purchased a few of the books. They will give little known secrets about cooking. For example, to make a perfect pie crust you need a small amount of vodka. Not for taste but to keep the dough moist and then evaporate when no longer needed.Just watched a show about roasted carrots and horseradish crusted beef tenderloin.

They even test the products and reveal the best, in this case refrigerated Boar's head horseradish was the best. They then give a tip to add powdered gelatin to the topping on the beef which will make it adhere much better than egg whites. Fabulous show and books.

If you cook watch this show or buy a book or two. Some of the books sell by cuisine, the best Italian recipes, the best International recipes, the best chicken recipes etc. Not that expensive, hard cover for about $20 some. You will not make a bad meal.