topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

WOWZER! DELMAR $2 pick 6 paid $1,109,920.80

Paulick Report Staff | 07.27.2011 | 9:04pm
    Calimonco wins Wickerr

• Download

Enlarge Close
    What started out as a somewhat formful card on Wednesday at Del Mar, which featured a pick six carryover of $239,490, ended with two huge longshots that led to the fourth highest pick six payoff in the San Diego-area track's history. There was one ticket that had all six winners, and that $3,024 ticket was worth $1,109,920 (plus 20 consolations with five winners, adding $87,720, for a grand total of $1,197,640).
    The pick six sequence started with Three Cuties, a $7.40 winner of the third race and the only betting favorite to win. Then came Hameildaeme, $14.80 winner of the fourth, Te Rapa, $8.40 winner of the fifth, and, Pedaltothemedal, $6.80 winner of the sixth event. But then Marty and Pam Wygod's Calimonco, coming off a poor performance in his California debut at Hollywood, lit up the board with a $43.40 upset of the Wickerr Stakes, edging 11-1 outsider John Johny Jak by a nose under Victor Espinosa. On Sunday, Espinosa was involved in a terrible three-horse spill on the day's final race that sent him to the hospital for X-rays of an injured ankle.

In the nightcap, Alonso Quinonez guided Paul Aguirre-trained first-time starter January Miss to a similar late-running upset, paying $49.40 to win a 2-year-old filly maiden claiming event, and making one pick six ticketholder very, very happy.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-20-15 at 02:15 PM. Reason: image does not exist

topgame85

$3000 ticket not even "crazy" for a serious pick 6 bettor, may have been a few guys who went in together but likely one player. Definitley does not seem like a sydicarte ticket, they are usually 20,000 tickets or even higher. Crazy stuff congrats to the new millionaire!

topgame85

small fields today as well only like 226,000 possible combos one field with 10 starters, one had 5

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Cool they specified how much his ticket cost. I always wonder on huge payouts like this how much they spent on the ticket...this info is rarely reported

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

how can some one purchase a $3k ticket that would include a 20-1 ML and not include the 10-1 ML (no 5- if the 5 wins, there will be another carryover). That is beyond me.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

No way in this world I hit that one. Very hard to find.

topgame85

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    how can some one purchase a $3k ticket that would include a 20-1 ML and not include the 10-1 ML (no 5- if the 5 wins, there will be another carryover). That is beyond me.
    Well you gotta leave a few off the ticket, must have either saw something he liked on the 20-1 or something he didn't about the 10-1. Crazy that he cashed $88,000 on top of the $1.1 million just in 5/6 consos. Unfortunately uncle sam will be holding ontho $300,000 of this for safe keeping when he cashes the ticket .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

who hit it??

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    dont see the M.L. when you capping Del Mar.. !!! and you will be a big winner.....

topgame85

No clue Gold, guy probably wants to stay anonymous. if he is a serious horseplayer i am sure he knows a bunch of other degen players who will all come out of the woodwork looking for a piece.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by davidchong View Post
    dont see the M.L. when you capping Del Mar.. !!! and you will be a big winner.....
    I did not look at the ML when I cap, but the 3 and the 5 are both first timers, so when I look at all the numbers on both, I still will pick the 5 over the 3. I'm just saying......

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

The carryover going into the day was just $239,000 — hardly an amount that brings out the syndicates and big players.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

the daily racingforms small book of past performances almost always uses COMPUTER GENERATED morning line odds for the california
    tracks,as well as some other tracks.at least its that way in the new england version.the odds supplied are about 90% out of kilter
    from the actual morning line odds.just a heads up on those who use m/l's as a handicapping tool.go to another source such as the
    tracks website,equibase,etc. for the true m/l odds.
    good luck everyone.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

As I stated in my horse racing Q and A thread, unless you know who does the ML and you respect their opinion, I would pay no attention to it. It's answer # 133-137 if you are interested.

ilciclope
    ilciclope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Cool they specified how much his ticket cost

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    No clue Gold, guy probably wants to stay anonymous. if he is a serious horseplayer i am sure he knows a bunch of other degen players who will all come out of the woodwork looking for a piece.
    It was Scott McKeever, who is a well known horse owner in SoCal. The story about his PICK-6 takedown yesterday is unbelievable. Amazingly, he was the owner of the #9 Two Cuties, who was entered in Race 3 yesterday, which also happened to be the 1st leg of the Pick-6. He was forced to single his #9 horse in that race because Califonia Horse Racing Rules require owners playing Pick-6 and having a horse running in a race within the Pick-6 sequence to only play his horse in said race. (I dont agree with the rule, but it is what it is). That race was so tight and the #9 barely got up over the #8 in the final strides.
    He was so close to losing that race and would've been knocked out after the 1st leg. Now even more amazingly is that McKeever's trainer is Paul Aguirre, who had 2 runners entered yesterday. The #9 Two Cuties in Race 3 and the #3 January Miss(not owned by McKeever) in Race 8, which were Pick-6 bookend races. The #3 ending up winning the race (coming from DEAD last and JUST got up in time) and closing out the Pick-6 at 23-1. Here is McKeever's quote about including the #3 January Miss, who was a first time starter and was 20-1 ML.
    “I wasn’t going to put the 3 horse on my ticket because Paul felt the horse needed a race,” Aguirre said. “But we were having lunch with Paul and his wife (Wednesday), and Lisa said she had a feeling the horse was going to win. She has great intuition, so I told Paul he was being overruled. But I still almost didn’t play it because it cost me $500 more to put the horse on the ticket. At the last minute I put the 3 horse in and the ticket cost me $3,024. Now I’m really glad I went with Lisa’s intuition.”
    Just goes to show you once again, it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know. If Aguirre wasnt his trainer he would've never even thought to add the 20-1 ML horse on such an expensive ticket. He said of the $1.2 million he won, he took home $900,000 after taxes. Lucky bastard!!!
    Last edited by ehp6737; 07-28-11 at 08:27 PM.

topgame85

WOW great story! Thanks for posting this. Kinda wish it would have been a guy who was not already loaded but all the same great hit and story.

jgs357
    jgs357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Info is powerfull not past perfomances. Just sayin

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    It was Scott McKeever, who is a well known horse owner in SoCal. The story about his PICK-6 takedown yesterday is unbelievable. Amazingly, he was the owner of the #9 Two Cuties, who was entered in Race 3 yesterday, which also happened to be the 1st leg of the Pick-6. He was forced to single his #9 horse in that race because Califonia Horse Racing Rules require owners playing Pick-6 and having a horse running in a race within the Pick-6 sequence to only play his horse in said race. (I dont agree with the rule, but it is what it is). That race was so tight and the #9 barely got up over the #8 in the final strides. He was so close to losing that race and would've been knocked out after the 1st leg. Now even more amazingly is that McKeever's trainer is Paul Aguirre, who had 2 runners entered yesterday. The #9 Two Cuties in Race 3 and the #3 January Miss(not owned by McKeever) in Race 8, which were Pick-6 bookend races. The #3 ending up winning the race (coming from DEAD last and JUST got up in time) and closing out the Pick-6 at 23-1. Here is McKeever's quote about including the #3 January Miss, who was a first time starter and was 20-1 ML.
    “I wasn’t going to put the 3 horse on my ticket because Paul felt the horse needed a race,” Aguirre said. “But we were having lunch with Paul and his wife (Wednesday), and Lisa said she had a feeling the horse was going to win. She has great intuition, so I told Paul he was being overruled. But I still almost didn’t play it because it cost me $500 more to put the horse on the ticket. At the last minute I put the 3 horse in and the ticket cost me $3,024. Now I’m really glad I went with Lisa’s intuition.”
    Just goes to show you once again, it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know. If Aguirre wasnt his trainer he would've never even thought to add the 20-1 ML horse on such an expensive ticket. He said of the $1.2 million he won, he took home $900,000 after taxes. Lucky bastard!!!
    there you go, that totally solved my ???? on the winning ticket. Someone knows something that we don't. LOL!!! Maybe one of these days I own a horse or two........

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

nm.

dugbug15
    dugbug15's Avatar Become A Pro!

he kiccks in $500.00 extra to hi s p-6 ticket and barely blinks an eyelash.i'm betting peanuts in hopes of getting $50.oo for groceries.i'm playing this game wrong,totally wrong!

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12509

$3k on pick 6 is crazy!

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

No wonder he knew to put the 3 in the final leg. What a call.