1. #36
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,661
    Betpoints: 1689

    Diggity, please re-read this thread to see why your post was edited.

  2. #37
    Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-09-09
    Posts: 48,111
    Betpoints: 1510

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Onetrick, no. Offshore books can't be prosecuted by American authorities - that's why they're offshore. However processing methods can be eliminated thus making it very difficult for everyone as there's only a finite number of methods available and those American residents who have used those processing methods can be prosecuted for conducting financial activities related to gambling.
    I have to admit Shari is right..

    If we're sittin here talking about How we got paid via ** and ** or ************ this could affect the way we get paid down the road..

    People are watching..

  3. #38
    Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-30-09
    Posts: 1,349

    Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post

    Yes, but processing issues are big for the books. Why help out anyone by giving out info?
    I guess the difference I see is I don't think we are causing a crackdown on processing methods because they are talked about on the forum. I mean in this thread we are talking about a very popular offshore book. You don't think the U.S. government has accounts at 5Dimes that they log into and see the various deposit and withdraw options?

    I think talking to other gamblers about deposit options should be an important part of a website that is supposed to provide info about offshore books. If a fairly new deposit option pops up, I would like to hear if others here have had experience using it. I would have my doubts getting an accurate account from the book directly.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 03-23-11 at 11:24 PM.

  4. #39
    BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-09
    Posts: 617
    Betpoints: 1809

    The moderators are absolutely correct in editing out these posts.

    I don't understand people sometimes. If you're not familiar enough with the industry to know what deposit methods are available to US players, why wouldn't you just ask your book instead of starting a thread on a message board? This ain't rocket science.

  5. #40
    TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-06-06
    Posts: 3,365
    Betpoints: 211

    Arsenal, I would imagine that yes, they do have open accounts and can see the methods for themselves. It's just the way it's always been on the forums since I've been around.

  6. #41
    ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-02-09
    Posts: 2,815
    Betpoints: 749

    I guess I don't get the point of blanking out deposit options. We can't discuss which options work best for us, because an "authority" might see it. Yet, said "authority" can simply go to the sites website and see all of the available options. Its not like they do a background check before giving their depositing options. Besides, there will always be a way around any restrictions the government comes up with. Hell, you can buy phone cards and deposit at some places.

    VV |_| or /\/\ (_r

  7. #42
    GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-10
    Posts: 2,072
    Betpoints: 1128

    i have the biggest headache from trying to read this thread. government agencies will get you if they want you, even if you block out how you deposit. There should be a private section on this site , only available to people who meet a certain criteria for posting a month ( keeps out the feds) , so that we can speak freely about stuff like this

  8. #43
    Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-05
    Posts: 942

    Just call the fukking shop you want info from and STFU on here!!! Absolutely no need for this lame thread.

  9. #44
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 40,178
    Betpoints: 11769

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Just call the fukking shop you want info from and STFU on here!!! Absolutely no need for this lame thread.

    Welcome to SBR, enjoy your stay.

  10. #45
    StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-22-09
    Posts: 10,464

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Welcome to SBR, enjoy your stay.
    funny how that ghost poster signed up six years ago..within days when you signed up..must be big time to have Pro Ghost..congrats

  11. #46
    StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-22-09
    Posts: 10,464

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Welcome to SBR, enjoy your stay.
    congrats on the 50 dollar play bought at the store mr jones

  12. #47
    Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-09
    Posts: 1,931
    Betpoints: 593

    Just do the *********** thingy....Nice and easy.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-24-11 at 12:23 PM.

  13. #48
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 40,178
    Betpoints: 11769

    Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    funny how that ghost poster signed up six years ago..within days when you signed up..must be big time to have Pro Ghost..congrats

    Ok, Mr. Jones is a ghost of mine...............gawd all mighty.

    .......and Harry Potter is my son also I guess.

  14. #49
    Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-05
    Posts: 942

    Nothing like sitting in a watering hole such as Selmon's [oops, I used the term watering hole.... an expression often used by my ghost] and having a few beers together. Beer flows right through us ghosts like piss and leaves 2 yellow puddles on the floor. Maybe meeting up at the track or a USF game, also quite the haunting experience. It's really cool when the 3rd part of the unholy ghost trinity, Patrick McIrish joins in. Goblins and ghosts everywhere, sir. [Oh know I said sir.]Another fukkin DEAD giveaway. BOO!!

    BTW Fisher. Hope to be back in Florida by mid May. Hopefully you'll still be there. Need to haunt some fukkin watering holes a few more times my friend.

  15. #50
    Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-02-05
    Posts: 942

    Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    congrats on the 50 dollar play bought at the store mr jones
    Thank you. That brings my cash total to $250 since I started posting around October or so. Usually 1 or 2 posts a day. You know how us grinders operate. We cover all possible angles sir.

  16. #51
    2Bdown
    2Bdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-30-09
    Posts: 484
    Betpoints: 223

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Just do the *********** thingy....Nice and easy.
    cant believe this post didnt get the **************************************** *******************
    Last edited by shari91; 03-24-11 at 12:23 PM.

  17. #52
    Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-11
    Posts: 668
    Betpoints: 277

    Personally, I think the argument of the US "eliminating" processing methods is just a weak excuse. You honestly think they are so out of the loop that they don't know already? They haven't pulled the plug yet because they know there is no real way to "eliminate" anything without causing an issue...too much from a tech standpoint would be at stake.

    Lets say person "A" makes some sort of offshore transaction, this trans. may have nothing to do with gambling. If the US does something to a certain method of payment, that trans. could get tied up into this whole deal. The US will never go that far. A certain Bank, or money handler may, but the Government will not, as it will be more trouble than it's worth right now.

    I know my counter argument isn't the best, but It's a small example as to why this whole deposit method tracking crap is being blown way out of proportion in my eyes. Again, it's just my opinion, but the explanations are pissing me off so I had to say something....I hardly doubt that they aren't watching such a blatant forum as this one, and haven't been for years. It's not like this place is hard to find...i'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together guys...damn.

  18. #53
    Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-11
    Posts: 668
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    The moderators are absolutely correct in editing out these posts.

    I don't understand people sometimes. If you're not familiar enough with the industry to know what deposit methods are available to US players, why wouldn't you just ask your book instead of starting a thread on a message board? This ain't rocket science.
    Here's a good one: Who gives a **** if it's ****** ******* or not, you are just trying to sound **** and kiss the ***** of the ****. That's all that is right there. I'm sure many call the ** of the **** they sign up to, but maybe want ******** of people who already have ******** at said book, that's why they ask here too, you ***. Why can't people ask question in a forum that is set up to do just that? makes no ***** to me. The idiotic ********* to people topics are just as ******* ****** as the questions themselves....there, how's that? ********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Just call the fukking shop you want info from and STFU on here!!! Absolutely no need for this lame thread.
    No need for your lame post either....just saying.

  19. #54
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,661
    Betpoints: 1689

    Counterfeit, while you are entitled to your opinions obviously, you seem to have overlooked a few of the points in this thread but regardless, the fact of the matter remains that deposit and withdrawal options for specific books will be edited out. End of story.

    Again, if someone requires specific information - their best bet is to contact the book itself. If that option doesn't suit them, then they can always contact someone privately.

  20. #55
    Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-03-11
    Posts: 668
    Betpoints: 277

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Counterfeit, while you are entitled to your opinions obviously, you seem to have overlooked a few of the points in this thread but regardless, the fact of the matter remains that deposit and withdrawal options for specific books will be edited out. End of story.

    Again, if someone requires specific information - their best bet is to contact the book itself. If that option doesn't suit them, then they can always contact someone privately.
    I didn't overlook anything, bro...if you read my post I said my thoughts on the matter were MY OPINION. I'm entitled to my opinion regardless of what is said to be the rules or otherwise, I simply think it's silly, that's all, end of story or not. I simply stated what I felt about it, nothing more, nothing less...are you saying i'm not allowed my opinion? is that why you said END OF STORY, EH? So in reality, you seemed to have overlooked my post just so you could lay down the law.

    i'm not trying to be "that guy" but if you are gonna come at me, come correct and I'll gladly acknowledge any error I may make, but I did nothing of the sort in this instance. I'm allowed to respond, doesn't matter if I (or others) are beating a dead horse or not.

  21. #56
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 40,178
    Betpoints: 11769

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones View Post
    Nothing like sitting in a watering hole such as Selmon's [oops, I used the term watering hole.... an expression often used by my ghost] and having a few beers together. Beer flows right through us ghosts like piss and leaves 2 yellow puddles on the floor. Maybe meeting up at the track or a USF game, also quite the haunting experience. It's really cool when the 3rd part of the unholy ghost trinity, Patrick McIrish joins in. Goblins and ghosts everywhere, sir. [Oh know I said sir.]Another fukkin DEAD giveaway. BOO!!

    BTW Fisher. Hope to be back in Florida by mid May. Hopefully you'll still be there. Need to haunt some fukkin watering holes a few more times my friend.

    We will hit it up..........let me know when you arrive.

  22. #57
    Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-07
    Posts: 1,159
    Betpoints: 2064

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Onetrick, no. Offshore books can't be prosecuted by American authorities - that's why they're offshore. However processing methods can be eliminated thus making it very difficult for everyone as there's only a finite number of methods available and those American residents who have used those processing methods can be prosecuted for conducting financial activities related to gambling.
    All someone has to do to get the info you are censoring is fill out an online application and then email/chat/phone the book's cs, and get all of the info directly.

    You are accomplishing nothing except keeping helpful info from those who may need it.

    By changing the first letter of a deposit/withdrawal method, the post cannot then be located via the forum's "Search", and anyone you are trying to keep the info from would have to read or at least skim every post to try to get the info (which they could get anyway simply be filling out the online application form).


    Posters from sbr will begin to use other forums to get info.

  23. #58
    Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-15-07
    Posts: 1,159
    Betpoints: 2064

    shari91 - "...those American residents who have used those processing methods can be prosecuted for conducting financial activities related to gambling."

    Nonsense.

    Please post one link backing up this false statement.

    It is not illegal Federally (in the USA) to gamble with offshore books. It is illegal for financial institutions to knowingly facilitate money transfers to and fro.

    There are some USA States which have made it illegal to use offshore books, and apparently Washington (state) is intending to enforce this by making it a Felony to play poker online.
    But in that case, the method of deposit/withdrawal is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Scooter; 03-24-11 at 10:42 PM.

  24. #59
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,661
    Betpoints: 1689

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    shari91 - "...those American residents who have used those processing methods can be prosecuted for conducting financial activities related to gambling." Nonsense. Please post one link backing up this false statement. It is not illegal Federally (in the USA) to gamble with offshore books. It is illegal for financial institutions to knowingly facilitate money transfers to and fro. There are some USA States which have made it illegal to use offshore books, and apparently Washington (state) is intending to enforce this by making it a Felony to play poker online. But in that case, the method of deposit/withdrawal is irrelevant.
    Hey Scooter -

    My statement had nothing to do with UIGEA. I was merely going by the information found on the FBI's website:

    http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2007...ambling_060607

    To quote:

    "That means:
    …No placing cyber bets on sporting events or in virtual card games;
    …No transferring money electronically for gambling; and
    …No wagers in offshore Internet casinos even if you live in the U.S."

    And highlighting the sentence that says their means for cracking down way back in '07 was "to START with the companies providing these services in the first place".

    Here is their actual criminal procedure regarding this:

    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...ite:+18USC1084

    As well as the Wire Act and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals stating that this applies to sports betting. I guess it doesn't help that the DoJ stated that the Wire Act applies to the Internet and the US District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana upheld that finding. So Federal precedent has been set although I'm not a legal expert so I'd guess that a mixture of federal and state law would apply. Which again is quite murky as several states have laws expressly prohibiting Internet gambling while the majority of the others prohibit all gambling as it pertains to this forum. Again though, this same discussion has been staged endlessly both here and across many other forums.

    At the end of the day, it's not as clear cut as some may claim although I'd like to believe that authorities have bigger fish to fry but who knows? But that still doesn't change the fact that I'm merely doing my job and until I'm told otherwise, withdrawal and deposit options relating to specific books will be edited out.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-25-11 at 05:54 AM.

  25. #60
    alienware
    alienware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-04-11
    Posts: 372

    i know people that did in the US but not me

First 12
Top