Sometimes I really wonder about these NBA games. More often than I'd like to admit it seems as if the teams are aware of certain lines and seem to do their OBVIOUS best to make or break a spread.

I can't remember the game but this one team scored 46 points in the 1st quarter and 13 points in the 2nd. Now some of you won't believe me but I'm an old timer who lived and played in Vegas long before it became a place for the kiddies, cell phones, computers and all the rest. Sharps had their runners lined up at phone booths to make their "calls"

One night at the Stardust (the only place a REAL PRO would place their action) myself and a few friends saw this literal "shady character" with sun glasses on at night and a coat pulled up around his neck and face as much as possible. As Holy God is my witness this turns out to be none other than Jerry Buss...owner of the L.A. Lakers.

I won't take the story any further other than to say IT WAS HIM and you can bet (no pun intended) that he "KNEW" or had GREAT influence in the outcomes of the games he bet before placing his wagers.

Officials bribed? Games fixed? Lines manipulated? Well, we can put a man on the moon, we have graft, vice, cheating and corruption in the highest echelons of our political, judicial, financial (Wall street),medical and military systems to name but a few and you don't believe that a basketball game can be fixed?
If you don't then I've got a bridge in New York City that I can sell you cheap!