Quote Originally Posted by h3da View Post
because at one point i was chasing and i made like 100units in 3 months and i was chasing my bets.. some of my bets were 40 units etc and it didnt pay off last few months and im back to like 30units left literally.. it's very hard to control your emotions when you are losing and your mind isn't right.. so for beginners like me.. would it be advisable to follow all your unit plays each day?i've quite new to the whole nba scheme.. I tend to bet wrong amounts like yesterday.. i had 2-1 but i put too much on lakers first quarter and ended up -1.2 units

h3da, buddie I ain't going to lie to you.... Gambling is the hardest thing in the world to do successfully. It is worthy of any college degree. It was easier for me to graduate college than do this successfully. I said all that to say that there is a multitude of things to grasp when starting out. Bettting different units, etc, teams, you name it.

If you don't read another word read this... You need to get more process oriented rather than results oriented. If you are new to this you will most certainly lose at this. I went out and banged my head against the wall the first 6-7yrs I started out. Learn, to enjoy the challenge and enjoyment of learning something new. Bet small stakes. Don't worry about following my advice or picks. I can't make you rich. I put my plays out there for people who have asked me to do so that are my friends here. If you want to bet them fine, but if you just bet them for 1 small unit a piece to keep things in percpective here. You need to bet within your BR and stay in the game. When I was younger I had gaps because I would chase and do all the wrong things one could do and go broke and couldn't bet. When I settled down several yrs ago and relaxed and just tried to really figure things out rather than just make money it came to me. Your only way of winning is finding it for yourself. You can learn from others but until you actually own it in your won mind than it ain;t you and you have to be you in order to win at this.

Learn to become process oriented rather than results oriented. If you do this you will be alright.