Been listening to some great music, and in a very reflective mood. You ever stop to think about life in the truest sense? Most everything we do is trivial. We work, we watch games, take care of responsibilities. Repeat week after week. All of sudden, a year has past us by. And then another year. And then one day we have no years left. Isn't there more to this life? Is this all there is?

Remember back in high school, before we'd all lost heart? Remember the excitement of playing sports, crushes on girls, dreams about our future, and all the things that we were gonna do? The feeling of being in love for the first time......like it was never gonna die off? Remember what it felt like to live? I do.

But then everything changes. One day, you wake up and realize that you lost heart many years ago. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about, whether they are willing to admit it or not. But what is the truth? Is the truth that one day, you just grow up and realize that there isn't much to life? That all those dreams and feelings we had as teenagers were really just not reality? Or is there a secret to keeping your heart alive, and really living life to the fullest?

I'm talking about having a rich life, but it has nothing to do with finances. I have so many deep friendships that have really died off, for no other reason than the noise that is around us all. Being busy with nothing important.

Everybody talks about living life to the fullest. But I don't know anybody that is doing it. Every one of my close friends shares the same feelings of having lost something that was once glowing.

So what is the truth? Does life generally suck? Or are we all just missing it, without even realizing it. Music tends to bring out these feelings that there has got to be a richness to life that I'm just missing with all these distractions.