Originally posted on 09/30/2010:

Normally i see this is a trap game with Giants laying 4 points at home and playing horrible against the Bears. Most people would quickly jump on the Bears quicking getting 4 points whereas other more experienced players will take the Giants -4. If i had to choose, i normally take the Giants here. However, there are a few things that are a bit concerning. The line has went from -3 to -4 and most people would take the Bears because they are undefeated.

But there were 2 situations last year that were very similar. It was the Denver Broncos who were I think... 4-0 playing against the Chargers who were 2-2 and Chargers laying 3 points with -125 juice. I think many people said Denver was a fraud and that Chargers would beat them easily even though Broncos were undefeated. However, most normal joes would take broncos with their undefeated record and getting points. I mean it looked too easy to take Denver because of their record and chargers were not doing so well and had to lay points. What happened? Denver won by 9 i think.

Then later that season, the Chargers were red hot. I think they won 8 games in a row or something like that and went to Dallas and Dallas was struggling. Not sure their record but they were 2 or 3 games worst than the Chargers in the win column. The easy play looked to be the Chargers +3 since they were much superior than the cowboys and were on a huge winning streak. It looked very easy to take them. But other fade the public players took the Cowboys -3 (-125) juice i recalled. What happened? Chargers won the game in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. I think they won by at least 10 in that game.

This game is a really tough call. It looks like a trap, but i do know in the NFL, more sucker bets lose than win though NOT BY MUCH. Otherwise everyone can win money just by fading the sucker bet. However, this game really looks like a trap to get you to bite on the Giants as oppose to the Bears. Anyone else feel the same?