Originally posted on 12/10/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
I was more sympathetic to Britney Griner than almost anybody on SBR, but even I know you can't free a very dangerous arms dealer in exchange for a minor and harmless drug offense. And what kind of precedent does that set?
So many questionable issues about the decision to free Griner. Also, it makes you wonder what the hell is going on with Ukraine Russia war?

First thing... Biden/Administration looks awfully bad giving Ukraine funds... by the billions... in a war with Russia. But you bow down to Russia (on their terms) and give up the most dangerous individual on record for a woman's basketball player? You're giving money to UKRAINE because you DISAGREE with what Russia is DOING! Isn't that the point? Biden/Administration even said Putin will face "devastating sanctions" for going to war with Ukraine.

Putin on the phone with Biden... we'll give you Griner back for Viktor Bout. What do you say old man? Biden: Ok.

Like you don't do business like that. Nobody in their right mind... would make this decision. You take a stand. So... is the Ukraine/Russia war all bullsh##? A smokescreen? Administrations typically cover up things rather well.... they claim they SPEAK THE TRUTH... but the moves Biden has made are extremely noticeable. There's something going on. The incompetence is high.

If you say the government on both sides is rigged.... then why are we bitching about anything that goes down in society? Everyone should shut their mouths. It's inevitable... and no ones opinion matters.

I think it's comical how obvious the media dictates the flow of everything... and is rather inconsistent. If you're going to tell a story... make sure there aren't any loose ends. The last 2 years in this world.... you couldn't possibly fukk it up any worse how it is now. They must think the entire public is naive.

As for Griner... I hope she learned her lesson. A difficult one. But there's too many people outspoken on social media... and you don't disgrace the nation in which your career was formed and gave you an opportunity. If it wasn't for the USA she'd be a nobody. Just another disrespectful loudmouth minority. Fate - wrong place at the wrong time in Russia.