Originally posted on 11/25/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
You can word salad all you want, but this sure reads like you bought a business and it's liabilities that you knew about and decided not to pay those liabilities or transformed them into something else of much lesser value you would be willing to pay. I don't really want trips, or free plays with rollovers at books I don't want to play at. I'd like to receive for my points what was available at the time they were risked and we didn't know the site was changing hands. You wouldn't like it if you bet a black $100 chip on a hand of blackjack and then get an oversized teddy bear when you win, would you?

It's a pretty scumbag thing to do, first by the previous owner John or whatever who knew this would probably happen, and you new guys who are making it happen, all the while and to my understanding running successful, moneymaking websites elsewhere. It's not a new thing on these gambling forums, the shadiness and the scamming by management, but my points were worth about 6k in bitcoin before you lot came to town so excuse me if I'm a little more concerned than those with 500 betpoint balances gleefully imagining new ways for them to get paid while larger balances get screwed.

Here's an idea. How about paying what's owed in bitcoin and giftcards first, THEN change to your new system to see if posters like it? Is it really that much compared to what you bought the business for?
It totally sucks for a consumer or user when a new business owner comes in. You really don't know what to expect... high percentages show it's never close to the original owner. It may start out "similar" as the original owner but as months go by... the new owner runs their system... and what they believe is right.

Where do you point the finger? If John blabs that he's selling... the value of the sale decreases rapidly. Value could drop as high as 70%. We all knew something was happening during the last 6 months before the sale... it was rather quiet and dull here. Not saying it's any better now.. A lot of posters GOT THE SHAFT.

Saying that betpoints "value" would be relatively the same... and/or redemption would be the same... well... that was a brain fart by the new owner. Should we put strike 1 or strike 2 on him now?

I remember purchasing my 2nd tanning salon and the deal went absolutely terrible. The old owner sabotaged the database... I had no idea who had "active" packages already paid for... and who didn't. Reason why the previous owner did this... was purely out of spite. She wanted to sell... I offered a price... and she accepted. The day of the transition... I powered the computer up and the database was corrupted. Yes, it went to court... and the jury concluded it was a no win decision. No proof that "she" actually did it. Point of this quick story... for 3-4 months I practically allowed 50% of the population TO TAN FOR FREE. I had to keep the peace and popularity of the tanning salon. Sure, word got out that I was cornered... and just come in their and say you paid for a package... the owner will allow you to tan for free... I couldn't allow the people to JUST LEAVE... they were ALREADY HERE. I figured a good gesture would keep everyone happy. And it did. Sure... it wasn't a part of the initial business equation. But things pop up when you least expect it.

Hopefully the new owner will think this through.... and keep everyone happy.