Originally posted on 07/13/2022:

Edit: From the previous post. An update and two comments.

(Thanks for the link JBEX).

I have now seen the PP's . It was a home bred. Most likely a pet. The owner/trainer/husband/wife( I guess), owned the unraced mare of this horse as well and bred that one as well.

The horse did work fast which looks like every 3 weeks or so. They might train at the track but with that work schedule, typically that would be a horse that shipped in from the farm to work.

There is no monetary value as a broodmare unless the horse wins something big. Extremely doubtful.

So, pretty much like I guessed. But don't get me wrong. Racing has plenty of these types of people. Meaning, they love horses, and really love their horses. They work hard, bother nobody, and try to make something of the horse.

Do I knock the business model? Yes. But are they doing this for the business? No. They do it because they love it. And it is there choice as to how to do it.

If I am a trainer competing against them, I am trying to beat them. But if I am looking from afar and seeing what they are doing, well, if they are anything like they vast, vast majority of horse people I've known from the track, and I bet they are, they are also the type of person that would stop at night on a back road to help a stranger in need change a tire. That is priceless. And seemingly rarer everyday.

The world can use all those types of people it can get. I wish them nothing but the best.

Comments:

1. Yesterday marked one year ago that my son had his near fatal motorcycle wreck. I am very happy to report that he is at about 90% recovered. That's most likely as good as it will get but that in itself is remarkable. We were very lucky. Thank you to all that sent me pm's or posts. I really did appreciate them.

2. We have all wandered around on this forum and probably others and seen some seemingly nice people. But we also have seen our share of hateful, mean spirited posts. Some of the things that are said back and forth are terrible IMO.

But here, in the horse forum, it is rare and likely nonexistent to see someone lash out at all as compared to other parts of the forum.

I have told the stories about how truly special a lot of people on the horse racing backside are. It is not rare there. It is commonplace. When something happens to a staunch rival or the smallest outfit at the track, EVERYONE comes running to help. It's almost like a " we're all in this together thing". The old joke at the track was that the big fences surrounding the track grounds were not there to keep others out. They were there to keep us in.

The horse forum here seems similar to that. That is not everywhere. I posted a bit at another horse forum and quickly left because there were some real jackasses there. And the fools dominated the place. But not here. The posters in here are friendly, helpful, and passionate about the game. But also towards one another. We root for each other not pull against one another.

This horse forum , if I try , can remind me of the comradery that was always present on the backside. Where the rich, the poor, native or foreign, black or white, male or female, all worked to try and beat one another but ALWAYS had one another's back. All of you in here should be proud to be a part of this community. A community that reminds me of a place in my past that I truly loved. I know I am.

Thanks for your time.

Good luck everyone. May all your photos be winning ones.