Originally posted on 08/16/2021:

So this kid that is fighting for his life in the hospital right now...

He's my son

Is he my biological son?

No. But he is still my son. (I think Fidels can feel me here)

He moved in with me about 16 years or so ago. I think he was 10 years old at the time.

His Dad was a dead beat and a druggy. His Dad never did shit for him. After he moved in with me, no support EVER. I didn't give a shit though, I didn't need his help raising his son. We lived in Southern California and his Dad lived in Northern Ca. He'd only show up every once in a long while. Usually on birthdays, but not every birthday. He made it a habit of promising his son he would show and then not show up, for whatever excuse reason he was using at the time.

Anyways, I don't even care about that. Just giving you a back story here. I actually get along fine with the real Dad when he is around, which is almost never. He's been clean for years now. But still doesn't do much at all for his son, ever.

Is he here now? No. Will he come? Who knows. He's more than welcome to though. I hope he does. This kid needs all the support he can get right now.

Anyways, after about one year after he moved in with me he asked me if he could call me Dad. I told him of course! And he's been calling me Dad ever since. Not one time after that day has he ever called me by my real name.

Here we are, 16 or so years later and he still lives with me and still calls me Dad. I AM his Dad.

So yes, that kid fighting in the hospital right now for his life is my son.

Is he my biological son?

No. But he is still my son