Originally posted on 03/12/2020:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
There is currently a 9.2% death rate for anyone with diabetes over all age groups.

Know anyone with diabetes?

Males are almost twice as likely to die as women, so if it there is a 0.5% risk for your age group, it's actually more like 0.65% for you and 0.35% for your female friends that are the same age and health status.

If you are a male with cardiovascular disease of any age, then you you are approaching a 4-1 chance of dying if you get it right now.

Are you sure we should not worry about any of them? That's going to add up to 10s of millions of people worldwide in the end.

Wouldn't it be shameful if the richest country in the world ended up with a worse death rate than China or Sth Korea or Italy? Because it's looking like that is obviously going to happen I think.

Not sure why only Americans seem so intent on arguing nothing to worry about, no need to prepare, its just like the Flu.

It's surreal to watch compared to the response here.

And the crazy thing is as soon as Trump says "this is a terrible situation"... I bet many of those same people saying there is no problem now will turn on a dime and become the huge panic merchants.
Optional is one of the sharpest guys on SBR. I think he knows the answer to the first sentence I put in bold above... but I'll remind him so everyone knows. It's because followers of Trump believe everything he says regardless of how easily disprovable they are. BetOnline had a Prop Bet for how many lies Trump would tell at his SoTU speech. It went over 27.5. Even when he was trying his best not to lie in a thoroughly prepared speech he still told 28+ verifiable lies in just over an hour. Compound that with the THOUSANDS of other easily disprovable lies he's told, and his followers STILL trust him because they worship him like a cult leader. Look at the tweet below from Trump:

THIS is why only Americans seem so intent on arguing nothing to worry about. Btw, your last sentence is spot on. Great post overall in fact.

Right now I'm actually kind of impressed with the job Mike Pence is doing. He seems to be at least attempting to tell the truth about this and appears to be taking this seriously. If he keeps this up, it wouldn't surprise me if Trump fires him. Trump is notorious for firing people that tell the truth.