Originally posted on 09/11/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post
The initial odds can be pulled from pretty much anywhere reputable, or even averaged and/or weighted by quality somehow...it all depends on what the consensus is I'm assuming. After that, the dynamic odds balancing system should kick in and automatically adjust the odds as needed.

The above applies mainly to betting directly against the chain, but for h2h betting it will be much more simple so that's why it will be the first betting format available. For h2h it would basically be a marketplace to make/take bets for a much smaller fee than direct on-chain betting(roughly -102 for h2h vs.-106 for on-chain).
Here is one of my earliest posts from June 15th 2017 where I explained the fees. I even explained h2h fees in my very first post on this topic earlier than this even. I was more focused on h2h as I thought that was coming first at the time, but it turned out to be more efficient to implement on-chain first.

Extremely unfair to blame me - I've said numerous times to read the whitepaper and other information for yourselves, form your own opinions, and bring up any issues which I would pass along to the team or put you in touch with the relevant person(s) directly if needed.

I've been suggesting for months to get involved in the discussions if you feel you have something meaningful to contribute, this is honestly one of the few chances for bettors to have a major impact on the development and policies of upcoming sports betting tech.

I'll repeat again - these fees are not set in stone. These are just initial fees which can (and likely will) be changed. Compared to many locations in the world, it is noticeably lower than a great deal of other options. Not everywhere has access to pinnacle. Once we get some initial info on inflation/deflation we will be able to make much more informed decisions regarding how low we can go with fees.

And are you completely ignoring the 2% h2h/exchange fees? Along with the privacy/anonymity features, access to many Asian markets, and a network that actually doesn't ban/restrict winners. Plus users hold their own keys, no more counterparty risk from having to keep coins on a betting site or exchange.

Lastly, many of those 'investors' you're talking about are sports bettors and/or poker players themselves. At least get to know them a bit before you try to call them out for things like greed. Keep in mind that quite a few are current or former members here too.