Originally posted on 10/17/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by mfins View Post
Ridiculous.... Let us turn it around for a second. Why would anyone visit the US. There are mass shootings at schools, night clubs, concerts, outdoor festivals, terrorists blowing up buildings, all the time. Not sure I have ever read of an entire school being shot up in Costa Rica. The US has a much higher rate of gun violence then Costa Rica. What may shock you the most is the US has a higher Kidnapping rate then Costa Rica as well. I am a US citizen and love my country but, facts are facts and, it infuriates me when people make dumb ass statements like JJgold made. Its shows such ignorance.
Speaking of facts, did you know that on average, 95% of the homicides in Mexico go unsolved? Granted the US has a lot of crime and murder, but at least there are investigations when these things happen unlike in 3rd world countries where they just don't give a shit. Costa Rica had it's highest murder rate in history last year which is 2x that of the US.

We are also talking about a very small country of 4 million people compared to one that has 330 million.