Originally posted on 09/02/2018:

Latest update from Mindy on Caring Bridge:
Miller Lite

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 1 hour ago
Last night pictures began flowing in from college friends and family all having a beer for 'Fargo' Andy. His brother placed one for him in his favorite fishing spot. (I could only add 5 pics and there were more) I even got to join in as I had one with dinner when I went to go shower. Andy had a surprise visitor as well, one of his best friends from college showed up to see him. Dan told him all about his fantasy football team.

Yesterday a Nerphrologist (kidney) doctor joined #TEAMANDY. She stated his numbers were high but she wanted to check them again to make an informed decision. This morning they stated they are going to do Lasix therapy (Lasix (furosemide) is a loop diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt. This allows the salt to instead be passed in your urine. Lasix is used to treat fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome.) Although his creatinine numbers are high, his urine output is still good.

Yesterday they were not able to get an MRI done because he is on 3 medications they cannot remove in order to keep him stable. The MRI only is set up to run 2 medications. The team was able to complete a CT scan where they found a clouded area with possible Mastoiditis. An ENT doctor will join #TEAMANDY.

Last night Andy's fever remained around 101.4. We may be trying a sedation vacation, today which means we will try and wake him up a bit. The last two times we did this it was hard because it impacted his vitals. I think as long as the team is ready, then I (We) can be ready to support him as well and make him feel more comfortable through the process. He looks good and is fighting hard.

Thank you for all your prayers, messages, and surprises! We love you all and thank you for the support.