Originally posted on 07/09/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
As I said above, if she expects them to generally be paid higher (whether it's equal to the NBA players or not), where again does she expect that $ to come from? Once more, the WNBA itself as an entity loses $ every year (at least to my knowledge) so not like the company itself can afford to pay higher salaries.

So I'm genuinely curious if someone were to ask her about that extra $ for higher salaries where she believes it should come from? As is often said, $ doesn't grow on trees.

There are a heck of a lot of people in the country (and world for that matter) who I'm sure also believe that they deserve better compensation for the job that they are doing, whatever it might be. But if that's the case, it's your job to negotiate for it or to prove that you deserve it by creating the value which necessitates it. Just like the movie stars who complain about how their co-star makes more than them: if you sign a deal for a specific amount of $ and then feel it's unfair, well whose fault is that? You certainly had the option to not sign to begin with if you felt the compensation was not sufficient - same thing applies to her. Why sign a contract with the WNBA under those terms if you think it's unfair and then complain after the fact?
Since when does reality or facts matter to a woman???