Originally posted on 04/19/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
Actually he would have made the NFL, no one here remember? And for those of us who have played ball at a high level, the level of cardio that a high level basketball player has should easily match that of a swimmer/soccer player or any other high cardio sport. What I find nuts about LeBron is the amount of strength he has maintained combined with that level of cardio. Anyone that has trained a bit will tell you that is not easily achievable, basically he has ufc strength and agility and instead of 5 minute rounds he goes for 9-15 minute rounds. Obviously he has the money/time/science it takes to achieve that body but still that shows you how hard he must train.

I remember talk of him wanting to try & play TE or WR in the NFL.

Nobody knows if he could compete though.

For the most part basketball players are the best athletes in general.

If you can play basketball, odds are you can pick up other sports.

There are exceptions of course.

Check out Barry Sanders in those vids above.

Bo Jackson could do similar things on a basketball court, and of course we know what he could do on the football field, baseball field, track field, and probably any other sport he dedicated time to.

I just think some will agree that when discussing best athletes, you have to be specific, because some get confused.

There are great athletes in each sport.

And then there are great ATHLETES in general.

If they held Superstar competitions like they used to, we might get a better look at LeBron in other sports overall & be able to gauge better.

Hard to tell these days because athletes have too much pride to compete against each other in these competitios they used to have between Superstars, combined with the fear of injury.